Search found 9573 matches

by theadore
Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:31 pm
Forum: Players, Transfer News & Speculation
Topic: Nonda - Yey or Ney?
Replies: 259
Views: 52300

Re:

but thats only using historical trends to predict what will happen... of course you are right that the amount of data we've collected is entirely insignificant compared to the periods we are tr5ying to predict. however the historical data can only make up part of the prediction as there are very er...
by theadore
Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:26 am
Forum: The Other Things in Life
Topic: GAY!!!!
Replies: 51
Views: 14223

i like to think thats its not gay if you use a condom.. just like its not bestiality if you.... ;)
by theadore
Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:24 am
Forum: Players, Transfer News & Speculation
Topic: Nonda - Yey or Ney?
Replies: 259
Views: 52300

Re:

Little noticeable progress to western civilisation will happen whilst the fact remains that if the whole of the UK suddenly rewound 150 years any ommisions would be offset by China and India in around 18 months thats not really a justifiable reason not to though is it? our goals should be to conver...
by theadore
Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:23 am
Forum: Players, Transfer News & Speculation
Topic: Getting tough.
Replies: 50
Views: 14526

Re:

Rover the Moon wrote:Hughes maybe getting tough but where does he stand on Kyoto? ;)
4 yards to the left
by theadore
Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:22 am
Forum: Players, Transfer News & Speculation
Topic: Jason Roberts
Replies: 106
Views: 34992

Re:

According to The Mirror, Everton are planning a £3.5mil swoop for Roberts. How much planning is actually needed in a transfer bid? Does the manager sit down and discuss whose job it is to type up the fax, how it should be worded, who actually presses the buttons on the fax machine, etc... and then...
by theadore
Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:20 am
Forum: Players, Transfer News & Speculation
Topic: Bellamy proves Cash is King and signs for West Spam
Replies: 95
Views: 26205

Re:

Dan wrote:
rover-the-rainbow wrote:Are West Ham trying to turn into Blackburn Rovers' second team?

LINK
oooh a red link. Makes a nice change.
wave of the future... i like it
by theadore
Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:18 am
Forum: International Football
Topic: David Bentley
Replies: 101
Views: 35898

Re:

To be honest I am quite disappointed in Bentley. He may be tired and in need of a rest, and him pulling out may benefit rovers, especially with the intertoto coming up. But still, he should report for his country when called upon, especially if he wants a future in the international side. give a fu...
by theadore
Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:00 am
Forum: Roverstalk
Topic: Umbro the new 07/08 kit supplier
Replies: 158
Views: 42921

Re:

I love my Umbro England 04 and I've put that thing through a lot. I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the Rovers shirt I got from the team website. Yay for the move . Nothing's actually been announced yet.... :roll: I am sure that we are on the Umbro list when reading on the wikipedia page...
by theadore
Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:54 pm
Forum: The Other Things in Life
Topic: London 2012
Replies: 33
Views: 7929

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6729611.stm

MPs call for logo to be shelved... although i think one might have got his stories muddled.
Labour MP Stephen Pound said the emblem should be replaced after complaints it had led to epileptic seizures.
i know its bad but... ;)
by theadore
Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:43 pm
Forum: Players, Transfer News & Speculation
Topic: Nonda - Yey or Ney?
Replies: 259
Views: 52300

Re:

I'm not convinced by the data, I'm more convinced by what is conveniently ignored, the correlations that aren't mentioned, the glitches in the figures and the blanks that are left unfilled. How long have we been collecting data regarding global temperatures? How long have we had accurate readings? ...
by theadore
Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:38 pm
Forum: Players, Transfer News & Speculation
Topic: Nonda - Yey or Ney?
Replies: 259
Views: 52300

Re:

All science is faith when you get down to it. It just has good arguments. no, because science recognises its own fallibility and acknowledges that something cannot possibly be fact unless every other possibility it proved wrong. science can be accepted as faith, but science itself can only deal in ...
by theadore
Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:34 pm
Forum: The Other Things in Life
Topic: GAY!!!!
Replies: 51
Views: 14223

Just had a thought listening to people in my office talk...

If a prostitute is sleeping with members of their own sex, but only doing it for the money are they actually 'gay prostitutes' or mearly prostitutes as theire only desire is monetary.
by theadore
Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:09 pm
Forum: Players, Transfer News & Speculation
Topic: Nonda - Yey or Ney?
Replies: 259
Views: 52300

Re:

But for me it's more like going to church just because you think it might help out if you're wrong and there is a God and a Heaven, even though there's no real reason to believe in such things. And meanwhile, the more you read and think about it, the more you realise how silly it all is. Put simply...
by theadore
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:41 pm
Forum: Players, Transfer News & Speculation
Topic: Nonda - Yey or Ney?
Replies: 259
Views: 52300

Re:

Yeah, I agree things like recycling have practical advantages, it makes sense to keep resources for as long as possible. However, I'm always suspicious when only one side of an argument is pushed forward - "Global Warming/Climate Change" is effectively the religion of the 21st Century. People are o...
by theadore
Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:14 pm
Forum: The Other Things in Life
Topic: London 2012
Replies: 33
Views: 7929

Re:

Rover the Moon wrote:
theadore wrote:
Rover the Moon wrote: Sorry to be cynical but it will be what Henman was to tennis, Bruno to boxing and Eddie Edwards to ski jumping
not to dispute the last 2.... but henman was a damn fine tennis player.
List the big things he won?
you got me there but he was consistantly top ten in the world for years.