Baconnaise

Post your funnies here
mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re: Baconnaise

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Gibbon wrote:Smoked back bacon for the win! :hyper:

Jesus christ! I hope there aren't any pigs reading this thread. :-o
Well it was originally about baconnaise, the production of which is perfectly safe for pigs....

roversmillsy
Ageing international

Post by roversmillsy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Gibbon wrote:Jesus christ! I hope there aren't any pigs reading this thread. :-o
Any members of the police force on here then?

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Excellent return to topic... and you are all misguided. Bacon in all its forms is a wonderful food, stop the hate.

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Hickory smoked back bacon FTW!

joep89
Experienced international star

Post by joep89 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Spanish bacon is utter shite. I miss extra thick smoked bacon BIG time

roversmillsy
Ageing international

Post by roversmillsy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 pm

joep89 wrote:Spanish bacon is utter shite. I miss extra thick smoked bacon BIG time
There is a shop over here that sells Danish Bacon which is surprising as Muslim's don't eat pork. However, it is expensive. It is about £5 for 6 rashers.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:49 pm

I thought official Turkey was a secular state? And I've been to Altinkum, it's pretty much England in the sun (don't know why you're looking for Tugay there, he still keeps appearing at Ewood)... :scratch: What's the main town just up the road called? I can't remember, it's been bugging me for ages.

roversmillsy
Ageing international

Post by roversmillsy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Rover the Top wrote:What's the main town just up the road called? I can't remember, it's been bugging me for ages.
There are a few. Didim is at the top of the road. A few cities nearby include izmir, Bodrum, Soke.
Rover the Top wrote:And I've been to Altinkum,
Where did you stay and how many years ago?
Rover the Top wrote:it's pretty much England in the sun
Yeah, today it's 25C, in February :hyper:
Rover the Top wrote:don't know why you're looking for Tugay there, he still keeps appearing at Ewood)... :scratch:
I didn't know that when I moved out here. Where he lives in Turkey in the summer is about 45mins/1hour away.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Didim, that's what I was after. All I've been able to think of is Diniz, but he's a crap formula 1 driver. Now all I have to do is remember why I wanted to remember what the town was called... :scratch:

I spent a week there in a package holiday hotel on the main street leading up to Didim. I think it was 4 years ago now - the Ashes were on when we won for the first time in ages, and England lost a qualifier to Northern Ireland, whenever that was. First day I was there, when all the cafe owners came out to drag you in, I decided the one I'd go in would be the one that mentioned Tugay to me when I said I was from Blackburn. It turned out to be a good choice. Strangely, there was another guy who insisted he lived in Bolton, I thought it was a long commute to run a cafe... :scratch:

To be honest, it's not my kind of place. I was more into Ephesus, and the ruined Temple at the other side of Didim. Anyway, I don't think Muslims drink alcohol, but there was plenty of that available. So I don't see why they wouldn't sell bacon, either.

roversmillsy
Ageing international

Post by roversmillsy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Didim, that's what I was after. All I've been able to think of is Diniz, but he's a crap formula 1 driver. Now all I have to do is remember why I wanted to remember what the town was called... :scratch:

I spent a week there in a package holiday hotel on the main street leading up to Didim. I think it was 4 years ago now - the Ashes were on when we won for the first time in ages, and England lost a qualifier to Northern Ireland, whenever that was. First day I was there, when all the cafe owners came out to drag you in, I decided the one I'd go in would be the one that mentioned Tugay to me when I said I was from Blackburn. It turned out to be a good choice. Strangely, there was another guy who insisted he lived in Bolton, I thought it was a long commute to run a cafe... :scratch:

To be honest, it's not my kind of place. I was more into Ephesus, and the ruined Temple at the other side of Didim. Anyway, I don't think Muslims drink alcohol, but there was plenty of that available. So I don't see why they wouldn't sell bacon, either.
Well Didim is where I live.I just say Altinkum because a lot of English know where that is. One of the best things over here is the cost. My dad gets a full English over here for £2. The main street leading to Didim is Ataturk Boulevard. The hassling to get you into their bars has stopped recently after a government crackdown(restaurants have been shut down as punishment). The guy probably did live in Bolton. During the winter(apparently know though it doesn't feel like it) it is like a ghosttown over here. Muslim's aren't supposed to drink alcohol but they all do over here.

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Didim, that's what I was after. All I've been able to think of is Diniz, but he's a crap formula 1 driver.
Diniz was anything but shite! Kicked Damon Hill's arse in Spa '97 in equal machinery. One of the most underrated drivers in Formula one in the last 15 years. Sure he paid his way, but he was no slouch either, he beat Hill in Japan (can't remember if it was Fuji or Suzuka but I was only three). I think he outscored Mika Salo in '98 and he had a reputation as a great driver. Rant over.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Hill drove like my gran.

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:26 pm

In '99 he outscored Alesi in the Sauber

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:35 pm

99 races, of which he only finished 39. 0 wins, 0 podiums, 0, pole positions, 0 fastest laps, 10 championship points. Highest he ever got in the world championship was 14th. He wouldn't ever have got a drive if he didn't buy one.

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:48 pm

In the nineties the machines were unreliable as hell, you often only finished with half the field still racing. Also he was in the midfield where most of the damage from clashing occurs. You can only compare a driver to his teammate and he beat the WC from the previous season on the "drivers circuit". Also beat Alesi who was touted to be World Champ season after season.