Trolling & multiple accounts

Having problems or have questions about the boards? Beg for help here.
User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14793
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:45 pm

roverzealous wrote:You only say that because you want me. ;)
As a big gayer, I take offence at that!

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27191
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:46 pm

roverzealous wrote: Not using "gay" as an insult in any context isn't too much to ask is it?
Maybe not, but so far you're only taking offence because you think it has potential to offend other people - the conclusion of such logic is that we shouldn't ever say anything. It's the intention behind the comments that matters, not how they're received, and so it's only homophobic to call someone 'gay' if the person saying it means to offend gay people.

Strangely, older generations would argue the word means something different anyway.

User avatar
SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 5678
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm
Location: Aberdeen
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by SheepShagginRover » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Yeah my grandy used to call sunny days "gay days"

RZ your argument is that gay offends others, if it does let them speak. It doesn't seem to offend you.

User avatar
rover-the-rainbow
Valued squad member
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by rover-the-rainbow » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:49 pm

BTW where's Gouldy these days? ;)

User avatar
SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 5678
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm
Location: Aberdeen
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by SheepShagginRover » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:50 pm

or Willy - he seemed a frequent poster when I was browsing before joining.

User avatar
rover-the-rainbow
Valued squad member
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by rover-the-rainbow » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:53 pm

SheepShagginRover wrote:or Willy - he seemed a frequent poster when I was browsing before joining.

http://www.roverstalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 562#p39733

User avatar
roverzealous
Ageing international
Posts: 3529
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by roverzealous » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
roverzealous wrote: Not using "gay" as an insult in any context isn't too much to ask is it?
Maybe not, but so far you're only taking offence because you think it has potential to offend other people - the conclusion of such logic is that we shouldn't ever say anything. It's the intention behind the comments that matters, not how they're received, and so it's only homophobic to call someone 'gay' if the person saying it means to offend gay people.

Strangely, older generations would argue the word means something different anyway.


But how can you really be sure of the intentions of the person saying it? Especially on the internet.

BTW, please go here: http://roverstalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2170&start=60 :)

User avatar
SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 5678
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm
Location: Aberdeen
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by SheepShagginRover » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Interesting, RTR. I did a search and found this http://www.roverstalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1047

RZ is Willy :-?

User avatar
roverzealous
Ageing international
Posts: 3529
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by roverzealous » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:59 pm

I actually did have an account before the upgrade, or did I? :scratch:

User avatar
rover-the-rainbow
Valued squad member
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by rover-the-rainbow » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:00 pm

:sherlock: :hyper:

User avatar
SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 5678
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm
Location: Aberdeen
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by SheepShagginRover » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:05 pm

roverzealous wrote:I actually did have an account before the upgrade, or did I? :scratch:
It was after the upgrade before your current account.
roverzealous wrote:Is one person creating and posting under multiple accounts acceptable?

He's concerned :scratch:

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27191
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:06 pm

roverzealous wrote: BTW, please go here: http://roverstalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2170&start=60 :)
Been there already. And have you never heard that flattery will get you nowhere, and certainly not into my bed. :P

So you're now alleging the sheep shagging one's intentions were to offend all the gays in the world by telling you you like men whilst he pretended to be someone he didn't appear to like? As far as conspiracy theories go, I don't think there's much mileage in this one...

User avatar
roverzealous
Ageing international
Posts: 3529
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by roverzealous » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:15 pm

1. Go back there and defend Pedersen because you know you're the best person to do that and everyone respects you.
2. I didn't know it was Sheepy until Ethiaa discovered it. (HE BETRAYED ME! PRETENDED TO BE MY ALLY! BUT HE WAS THE ENEMY WITHIN! :cry: )
3. This is the only account I have on THIS forum, the forum was started from scratch after the upgrade and everyone had to signup again.

User avatar
SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 5678
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm
Location: Aberdeen
Contact:

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by SheepShagginRover » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:19 pm

roverzealous wrote:2. I didn't know it was Sheepy until Ethiaa discovered it. (HE BETRAYED ME! PRETENDED TO BE MY ALLY! BUT HE WAS THE ENEMY WITHIN! :cry: )
He didn't know - I took the law into my own hands and guess what - it backfired badly :cry:

I was your ally. I wanted to get rid of Stinny as much as you, we just had different ways of going about it.

User avatar
Simon
Ageing international
Posts: 3826
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:53 pm

Re: Trolling & multiple accounts

Post by Simon » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:04 pm

SheepShagginRover wrote:
roverzealous wrote:2. I didn't know it was Sheepy until Ethiaa discovered it. (HE BETRAYED ME! PRETENDED TO BE MY ALLY! BUT HE WAS THE ENEMY WITHIN! :cry: )
He didn't know - I took the law into my own hands and guess what - it backfired badly :cry:

I was your ally. I wanted to get rid of Stinny as much as you, we just had different ways of going about it.
How old are we? 8?

I didn't ban stinky because nobody in their right minds would take him seriously or be offended by him - he just embarassed himself and some of the stuff he wrote was removed.

Also, don't go hacking into peoples accounts because thats a really dumb idea and could actually get you (indirectly) banned accidentally or for the offence itself.

Err yeah, I'm basically just repeating what RTT said.

Locked