Intertoto Confirmed - Your views on the 06/07 season

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon May 14, 2007 1:06 pm

Good point.

Hoodwinker
Promising youngster

Post by Hoodwinker » Mon May 14, 2007 1:15 pm

A good point and surprisingly 'catchy' name ;)

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu May 24, 2007 11:11 am

Not sure when this was announced but Legia Warsaw now confirmed as the Polish entrants to the Intertoto.
Welsh side Llanelli will play FK Ventra from Lithuania over two legs at the end of June, with the winners going on to face Legia Warsaw in round two on July 7/8 and July 14/15.

The winners of that tie will then face Rovers in round three on July 21/22 and July 27/28, with the victors qualifying for the UEFA Cup.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Thu May 24, 2007 11:54 am

\"with the victors qualifying for the UEFA Cup.\"

The 2nd qualifying stage to be precise

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Ethiaa » Thu May 24, 2007 12:04 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:"with the victors qualifying for the UEFA Cup."

The 2nd qualifying stage to be precise
Qualify for the Intertoto to qualify for a chance to qualify for the Uefa Cup. It's a good preseason anyway.

bc rovers
New signing

Post by bc rovers » Thu May 24, 2007 12:57 pm

I feel kind of ignorant commenting because I'm not sure what other people expect from the team, year-in and year-out, but I definitely agree with what's been said. Bentley and Derbyshire look great for the future, and the additions they made during the season seem promising to me to say the least. I'm sure that playing in the UEFA Cup was a bit detrimental to Rovers league form but it's obviously still worth it. Sunderland's coming back up to the EPL though, so maybe our relegation-team woes are gone. Like people have said, all that kept us from being close to Champions League qualifiers was not showing up for games against the bottom-feeders and not being able to protect late leads. I remember being pretty pissed off with the Everton draw early in the season even though I was just following it on an internet game cast.

Head Rover Heels
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by Head Rover Heels » Thu May 24, 2007 1:15 pm

bc rovers wrote:all that kept us from being close to Champions League qualifiers was not showing up for games against the bottom-feeders and not being able to protect late leads.
Welcome to the boards fella.

Doesn't half annoy me when you think how close we could have got this year - Injuries, defeats to Watford et al, West ham debarcle, the list goes on.

We did all the hard work with a depleted squad, only for it to escape. However, it doesn't half give me confidence for next year. Call this one a consolidation year, and i see us looking at top six, if not pushing the top four all the way next season.

Jim
Experienced international star

Post by Jim » Thu May 24, 2007 1:57 pm

Welcome back BC! Hows life in Boston? I know the city lives and breathes for the Red Sox, and with their absolute dominance this year... things must be rocking over there!!! :-D

As for the Rovers... well there is a huge comparison between their season and my american football team's... If we just cut out the silly mistakes at times (against relegation fodder) we would be doing very well for ourselves... we are just so close to getting it sorted and with one or two of Hughes' trademark inspired signings, and of course Ooijer, Reid and Savage making good returns from injury, we could be doing very, very well for ourselves! :-D

bc rovers
New signing

Post by bc rovers » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:29 am

Inspired signings are always helped when you've got a lot of money, I've learned. The Intertoto could be a blessing in disguise I think because it'll create an early immediacy for the the team get all cohesive-like. I mean, it didn't work that way for Newcastle last year but I get the impression that few things ever really do work for them. In sheer potential, I can't see how Rovers are not at least top 10 in the whole Cup.

Years of good health are lucky in sports, but even if the injuries stay manageable we're due for a great year.

Boston's buzzing right now with the Red Sox. As much as I would like to give a sermon on how the Red Sox built a juggernaut, I really can only suggest finding a nice oil magnate or captain of industry to fund everything.

winston_the_cat
Promising youngster

Re:

Post by winston_the_cat » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:54 pm

Head Rover Heels wrote:
bc rovers wrote:all that kept us from being close to Champions League qualifiers was not showing up for games against the bottom-feeders and not being able to protect late leads.
Welcome to the boards fella.

Doesn't half annoy me when you think how close we could have got this year - Injuries, defeats to Watford et al, West ham debarcle, the list goes on.

We did all the hard work with a depleted squad, only for it to escape. However, it doesn't half give me confidence for next year. Call this one a consolidation year, and i see us looking at top six, if not pushing the top four all the way next season.
Kep on saying it. We might manage to keep the squad together and strengthen a bit (though to be honest, if we lose no one, we don't need to sign anyone either - I think Rover the Moon was of the same opinion).

How is Steven Reid doing btw?

I think top 4 is possible, because Arsenal could be about to have a stinker and with Liverpool, you never quite know either. Especially if they carry on building Juanfield (borrowed the joke, sorry).

Svitlica
New signing

Post by Svitlica » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:25 pm

Hello, I am fan Legia Warsaw. My English isn't good, but I hope that you understand me. :)

You are favourite team, but we have big hope, on uefa cup in Warsaw. We have a new coach and many new players. You played with Wisla Cracow on autumn. We are better team than Wisła. :)

Good luck, :)

http://www.legialive.pl

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re:

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:08 am

Svitlica wrote: We are better team than Wisła. :)
Ha ha, so are we.

And your English is far, far better than some of our English members. do you think you could teach them for us? :scratch: ;)

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:07 am

I saw Svitlica as newest member and though it was some kind of reference to cunnilingus. I suppose it still could be. However, thanks to your website I now understand what all the signs refering to sklep are talking about in Levenshulme.

Capac_records
New signing

Re:

Post by Capac_records » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:19 pm

OK, ill make Blackburn win from now on... ill do some voodoo or something.... if it dont work, i blame the damn drummer Lee, he annoyed me:S