Are Rovers fans underrated ?

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
BarmyArmy75

Are Rovers fans underrated ?

Post by BarmyArmy75 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:03 pm

With Rovers fans getting a bit of stick for being poor at home e.g 'all we can hear is a drum'! Would it not be fair to judge the fans support from away games when we don't have a drum.

Most premiership fans are crap at home, like St James' park and Old Trafford, it is hard to hear them when they make noise, but at Ewood they bring good support!?!

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:26 pm

we r yes.

Pete
New signing

Post by Pete » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:56 pm

at home we are not the best. but then again most home teams have crap support.

I think as a whole we are under-rated. Just look at the semi at old trafford against chelsea in april. There was a ridiculous amount of noise, even when we were losing.

The chelsea fans were pants to say the least, i think i only heard them when they scored and when the final whistle went.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:34 am

THing is, it's difficult to get as enthused when you're fucking sat down. Away fans have a tendency to be on their feet more, plus they're on a good day out.

Bring back terraces and watch the home atmosphere improve tenfold.

BarmyArmy75

Re:

Post by BarmyArmy75 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:47 pm

mrblackbat wrote:Away fans have a tendency to be on their feet more, plus they're on a good day out.
Spot on. Plus, when you're at an away games with a bunch of mates, you've all got tickets together so tend to sing more and not feel self conscious. At home, everybody's spread around the ground.

BarmyArmy75

Post by BarmyArmy75 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:02 pm