Who do you want as manager next season? (Like it matters)

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
mcflash
New signing

Who do you want as manager next season? (Like it matters)

Post by mcflash » Wed May 11, 2011 6:32 pm

So whats your opinion on who should be in charge come the summer? I am pretty confident that we will be in the Premier League next season as I can't see two of the bottom four finishing above us.

I want Steve Kean gone anyways. I don't think he is up to the job and I think there are plenty of managers out there that would do a really good job here. Personally I'd love to see Sparky back here. I think he might be interested too.

There have been some rumours about Hughes and Rafa Benitez so I'll put them up and Kean and other as the choices as I haven't heard any other names being linked to us.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Re: Who do you want as manager next season?

Post by theadore » Wed May 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Won't every sane person vote for themselves?

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Wed May 11, 2011 6:36 pm

if between those, id pick sparky.

but we can do better than all those.

im sure tugay will get a mention too :hyper:

mcflash
New signing

Post by mcflash » Wed May 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Well you should be picking other if you think we can do better than Sparky.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Wed May 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Whilst Kean is looking better as a manager, i would like somebody we know can bring results and take us forward. Sparky would be good to bring back but i don't see him joining us as he seems to be settled at Fulham. Benetiez would be ok but i feel we could do better than him as he rotates the squad too much and never really settled on a team at Liverpool.
For me, i would like to see O'Niell here. He took Villa to 3 6th place finishes on the trot whilst having to sell his best players each season and has shown he can sign good players. He goes and Villa plummet down the table showing he was doing a good job at the club. So long as the board didn't interfere and let him get on with it, i could see us going past Everton in the table and pushing Liverpool and Spurs for 5th/6th within the next couple of seasons.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Wed May 11, 2011 6:50 pm

mcflash wrote:Well you should be picking other if you think we can do better than Sparky.
:king:

oneill would be good, i like his football, fast counter attacking and direct, but he's a bit of a jibber so im not sure hes a good idea, we need to go for someone we can stick with for years to come, this stability will eventually help us win the title again ;)
Last edited by Savory on Wed May 11, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

badger
New signing

Post by badger » Wed May 11, 2011 6:51 pm

i wouldnt mind sparky back at ewood he had us strong at the back and playing good footy, benitez is a good manager but look at the crap he bought wilst at liverpool that didnt perform for him, so for me it has to be oneil can spot a good player plays quick attacking footy, but if venkys do sack kean i just have a feeling they will try n get maradona in or shearer

Vic
New signing

Post by Vic » Wed May 11, 2011 7:20 pm

theadore wrote:Won't every sane person vote for themselves?
Nah, they'd vote for continuity. But there are few sane football fans in this world. Good job they don't own the club.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed May 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Me. I'd be supremely awesome. I'd sign Messi.

mcflash
New signing

Post by mcflash » Wed May 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Vic wrote:
Nah, they'd vote for continuity. But there are few sane football fans in this world. Good job they don't own the club.
You mean like our current owners who sacked Sam Allardyce in early December. No continuity there.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Wed May 11, 2011 8:10 pm

But clearly sanity :D

Willyum
Promising youngster

Post by Willyum » Wed May 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Names that'll no doubt be banded around:

Rafa Benitez
Martin O'Neill
Steve McLaren
Martin Jol
Alan Curbishley
Slaven Bilic
Sven Goran-Eriksson

What's interesting is some of the names we're never linked with, like Didier Deschamps, Gus Poyet, Stuart Pearce, and Chris Coleman.

While we'll never ever get to choose or even have a say in it (didn't they claim the fans "chose" Allardyce last time round?), personally I'd go with Jol or O'Neill over any of the others, purely from having Prem experience. Jol has a bit of personality, too, so that'd be nice. Bilic might be a decent option, as might Pearce, but a definite NO to Eriksson, McLaren, Benitez, Curbishley, and the rest. For me, anyway.

mcflash
New signing

Post by mcflash » Wed May 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Ethiaa wrote:But clearly sanity :D
Yeah sack a manager who had 21 points after 17 league games and replace him with a clueless moron thats not capable of getting that many points from 21 league games even after bringing in 4 new players. Oh wait that doesn't appear very level-headed at all. ;)

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Wed May 11, 2011 10:36 pm

mcflash wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:But clearly sanity :D
Yeah sack a manager who had 21 points after 17 league games and replace him with a clueless moron thats not capable of getting that many points from 21 league games even after bringing in 4 new players. Oh wait that doesn't appear very level-headed at all. ;)
But hadnt BFS been in the team longer, been able to implement his tactics on the team AND bring in players (mostly right backs) in his time at the club? BFS is gone and is no longer needed to be referred to. We should be looking to move forward and not stay in the past, which is what many fans seem to be doing with Santa Cruz. Yes Kean's points to game ratio is shambolic but he is still in a transactional change of playing style at the club. However, whilst it may seem that i am for once defending Kean more than normal, i still would much rather O'Niell be brought in next season.

SuperVukcevic
Regular international

Post by SuperVukcevic » Wed May 11, 2011 10:38 pm

Willyum wrote: Slaven Bilic
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: