Lettering on this seasons shirts

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
stepall122
New signing
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:42 pm

Lettering on this seasons shirts

Post by stepall122 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:03 pm

are we using the same lettering as the rest of the premiership?

Santa Cruz was on SSN yesterday wearing what looked like last seasons lettering?

Just wondering if u guys knew what the story was?

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27152
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Ah another burning issue

Rovers4Life
New signing
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:10 am
Contact:

Post by Rovers4Life » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:55 am

just let the CLUB SHOP do the lettering and it will be all official :scratch:

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14752
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:56 am

Or, don't get any, and keep some £s in your wallet....

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9715
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Re:

Post by theadore » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:01 am

mrblackbat wrote:Or, don't get any, and keep some £s in your wallet....
and not have a cupboard full of Grabbi and Donis shirts... :scratch:

Willy
Ageing international
Posts: 3255
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Brun Lea

Re:

Post by Willy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:28 pm

theadore wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Or, don't get any, and keep some £s in your wallet....
and not have a cupboard full of Grabbi and Donis shirts... :scratch:
Hehehehehehhe :lol:

I had a Donis shirt. That made me giggle...I forgot about that. :oops:

Has anyone ever got a name on their shirt that they regretted soon after? Effectively "tattooing" your blue and white skin, your pride (100% Nylon) should always be something you carefully consider. :scratch:

I almost had "Marcolin" on one of my old ones before I decided against it. I kinda wish I had kept it now purely for the "pretend cult hero" aspect. :roll:

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9715
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by theadore » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:37 pm

i had a donis shirt.... other than that i've had a post shearer sutton number 9 shirt which was a gift.

took Donis off the back with a potato peeler when the sutton shirt fell to bits.

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6853
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Post by Dan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:03 pm

My brother had a Ward 32 shirt :lol:

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9715
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Re:

Post by theadore » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:27 pm

Dan wrote:My brother had a Ward 32 shirt :lol:
just put "games without a goal" below the number and put it on again... ?

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6853
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re:

Post by Dan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:57 pm

theadore wrote:
Dan wrote:My brother had a Ward 32 shirt :lol:
just put "games without a goal" below the number and put it on again... ?
Or sell it to a big hospital to use as a door sign...

DunnFC
Regular international
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:29 am

Post by DunnFC » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:32 pm

2 years ago i got Ferguson on then he buggered of a week later i remeber being well upset.

This year its a toss up between Dunn and Santa Cruz and Mokoena.

Story time:
My mates want me to get Mokoena as One is getting Kandol on his leeds shirt and 1 is getting Crainey on his blackpool shirt the idea is to get your teams worst player on your shirt.

:-D

I have had Emerton 23 twice and Savage 8 on in the past, i got allot of abuse yelled at me when i wore that shirt i wonder why. :scratch:

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27152
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re:

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:04 am

DunnFC wrote:2 years ago i got Ferguson on then he buggered of a week later i remeber being well upset.
Seriously? You bought a shirt with 'Ferguson' on whilst he was sulking about not getting his move? :-?

DunnFC
Regular international
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:29 am

Re:

Post by DunnFC » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:31 am

Rover the Top wrote:
DunnFC wrote:2 years ago i got Ferguson on then he buggered of a week later i remeber being well upset.
Seriously? You bought a shirt with 'Ferguson' on whilst he was sulking about not getting his move? :-?
well he moved on like 31st january nd i got it in summit like late november early december.

User avatar
iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 5313
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Location: Exeter

Re:

Post by iamarover » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:39 am

Dan wrote:
theadore wrote:
Dan wrote:My brother had a Ward 32 shirt :lol:
just put "games without a goal" below the number and put it on again... ?
Or sell it to a big hospital to use as a door sign...
Image

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14752
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:32 am

DunnFC wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:
DunnFC wrote:2 years ago i got Ferguson on then he buggered of a week later i remeber being well upset.
Seriously? You bought a shirt with 'Ferguson' on whilst he was sulking about not getting his move? :-?
well he moved on like 31st january nd i got it in summit like late november early december.
This is why having numbers put on shirts is a silly idea.

Post Reply