The Steve Kean Thread

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Do you think Steve Kean is the right manager to get Rovers back into the Premier League?

Yes. He has the experience/ability we need
10
15%
Possibly, but I'm not really convinced
3
4%
I very much doubt it. There is nothing to suggest he can succeed, but nothing is impossible.
22
33%
No. He is beyond useless and should go away as quickly as possible
32
48%
 
Total votes: 67

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13534
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:56 pm

He actually looks like that too.

User avatar
Joe
Ageing international
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by Joe » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Ethiaa wrote:He actually looks like that too.
Like a doughnut?

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13534
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Joe wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:He actually looks like that too.
Like a doughnut?
Depends what shape your doughnut is.

cwspellowe
Promising youngster
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by cwspellowe » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:42 am

That just sounds rude :shock:

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27094
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:47 am

How so? :shrug: I mean, ethiaa could be questioning Joe's baking skills... but then again, there's two shapes that doughnuts are usually sold in: a torus or a flattened sphere... :yeahright:

User avatar
iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 5310
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by iamarover » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:03 pm

what about Churos?

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27094
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:12 pm

They're churros?

User avatar
roverhere
New signing
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by roverhere » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi all, i have been a long time follower of roverstalk and have finally broken and want in! In order to do so, i will give my opinion on Steven Kean....Sack him! Sack him quick! Im not saying he is a bad guy, isnt trying hard or doing anything intentionally wrong. However, i just dont think that we are in a position to nurture a new manager, our club needs nurture! We are in trouble here, every points lost now is going to cost us at the end of the season....we need a manager with experience and somebody who can hold his own. If the owners would like to bring in somebody new to management...fair enough...they own the club...but it needs to be someone recognisable to attract bigger players and to hold on to the good ones we have. For me, management is a step too far for Steve, he seems a good coach and has the respect from the players, he has also brought a few good guys in, although no big names like we were told they wanted...a marquee signing! I feel for him as he has taken a job we would all jump for and is trying his best, but everyweek it is becoming more and more apparent that it is not going to be good enough. We do have a good nucleus of a team, a good mix of young and old, but we need a stronger leader to get them to gel consistently. Time to stand up owners and be decisive......

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13534
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:12 pm

Yes, that sounds about right.

Riverside
Promising youngster
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by Riverside » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:11 pm

roverhere wrote:Hi all, i have been a long time follower of roverstalk and have finally broken and want in! In order to do so, i will give my opinion on Steven Kean....Sack him! Sack him quick! Im not saying he is a bad guy, isnt trying hard or doing anything intentionally wrong. However, i just dont think that we are in a position to nurture a new manager, our club needs nurture! We are in trouble here, every points lost now is going to cost us at the end of the season....we need a manager with experience and somebody who can hold his own. If the owners would like to bring in somebody new to management...fair enough...they own the club...but it needs to be someone recognisable to attract bigger players and to hold on to the good ones we have. For me, management is a step too far for Steve, he seems a good coach and has the respect from the players, he has also brought a few good guys in, although no big names like we were told they wanted...a marquee signing! I feel for him as he has taken a job we would all jump for and is trying his best, but everyweek it is becoming more and more apparent that it is not going to be good enough. We do have a good nucleus of a team, a good mix of young and old, but we need a stronger leader to get them to gel consistently. Time to stand up owners and be decisive......
I think they have and they have decided to give Kean at least until January so until then lets all get behind him and our team! If with our support he starts winning games thats beneficial and if he keeps losing games I think our owners will sack him before its too late. Either way I think 2012 will be good for us rovers

User avatar
roverhere
New signing
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by roverhere » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:42 pm

That's just what I mean though riverside, we shouldn't be waiting until January! We should get the best guy in now, some good vacant managers out there at the moment, Steve...in all honesty, doesn't look like the real deal, we should act now and get the players the manager they need to get the best out of them! I'm not 'not getting behind team', but it's easy to say that and waste valuable games and points when we all can see the reality! This is a sack or back thread after all?

Riverside
Promising youngster
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by Riverside » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:59 pm

roverhere wrote:That's just what I mean though riverside, we shouldn't be waiting until January! We should get the best guy in now, some good vacant managers out there at the moment, Steve...in all honesty, doesn't look like the real deal, we should act now and get the players the manager they need to get the best out of them! I'm not 'not getting behind team', but it's easy to say that and waste valuable games and points when we all can see the reality! This is a sack or back thread after all?
yeah i agree with most of that but unless our owners have a mark hughes or martin oneil knocking on our door, I dont want to hire another manager just for the sake of getting rid of Kean. I certainly dont want our club to be a manager merry- go- round. If we sack Kean and hire a manager from a lower league or a realitively unknown from abroad will our fans be happy? IF a better manager out there wants the Rovers job then im up for them taking over (making Kean a coach again) but dont want to bring any old sausage in just to keep us "happy" for a few more months. Come January if the likes of Hughes and Oneil havent got a job by then, I believe they would be happy to be back in the game and take the job. Just my opinion

User avatar
roverhere
New signing
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by roverhere » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:40 pm

To be honest riverside....sounds like we are both saying the same thing, and I agree with what you are saying too, I don't want a manager merry go round either, but I believe we should be targeting Hughes and O'Neill NOW rather than waiting until January, loosing valuable games and then allowing a manager time to settle in before the jan transfer window! We agree about the decision but not the timing I guess!

lucky7
Regular international
Posts: 852
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:59 pm
Location: leeds
Contact:

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by lucky7 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:46 pm

i dont know if its been said on here yet but have you heard the bollocks about walter smith being named as director of football and kean being demoted back to coach and carlo ancelotti named as our new boss!? dependent on the spurs result of course. i cant see any of this happening at all. clement to stay as assistant. :footinmouth:

User avatar
SuperVukcevic
Regular international
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Steve Kean thread - Now with 'sack or back' poll.

Post by SuperVukcevic » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:57 pm

lucky7 wrote:i dont know if its been said on here yet but have you heard the bollocks about walter smith being named as director of football and kean being demoted back to coach and carlo ancelotti named as our new boss!? dependent on the spurs result of course. i cant see any of this happening at all. clement to stay as assistant. :footinmouth:

Ancelotti as manager, phwoarr that would be great.


But sadly I can't see it happening :(

Post Reply