Relegation watch

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Savory
Promising manager

Relegation watch

Post by Savory » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:28 pm

this thread should include focus on the teams around us who are having similar problems, so injuries, lady luck, poor support, losin out on transfers in and out of the club, missing star players, inept management and tactical decisions and most importantly bad results, also expect to see an interesting run in now we are in this mess.

January transfer window is coming up and that could be the difference, yeah the 5 or so teams above the relegation zone look safe... for now, but this could change in the 2nd half of the season, especially as lacking any sort of depth or replacements to players leaving could really impact a side down there.

and to kick it off, i see Chelsea are in talks to sign Boltons Gary Cahill

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... hill-talks

awesome news as he, like Samba for us, is their best player, losing him with no decent replacement could be suicide for them, if anything, they should try to keep hold but we need him to move on really, to give us any chance of overtaking them.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Re: Relegation watch

Post by -BARON-23- » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Really see this being Wigan, Bolton and us going down this year

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:17 pm

Well Wigan are flying, i hope we can see the likes of QPR, Swansea & Fulham down there with us soon...

Preston rover
New signing

Post by Preston rover » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Savory wrote:Well Wigan are flying, i hope we can see the likes of QPR, Swansea & Fulham down there with us soon...
Bolton have to sell Cahill or else he can walk out the door for free in the summer & pick his club.
7 million now is a no brainer for the trotters because he's never going to sign a new contract.
My fear is will we be able to keep hold of Samba who will be in demand by other clubs with a premier league future.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Can and will Bolton sell him though and find a good enough replacement? if not, at least they can take up another relegation place, lets just hope they dont go on a bit of a run now after Tuesdays result.

Newm12
Promising youngster

Post by Newm12 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Wigan i feel will start going on a bit of a roll i have watched there last few games - moses is looking deadly now hes been pushed forward and defensively they are doing the basics to the book and its working very well and as for al habsi wow a keeper like that would do us the world of good.

Bolton not seen much of them tbh apart from against us however i feel they wont get a result against newcastle as they newcastle are starting to get people back from injuries and will be keen to make up for their loss

Wolves have been pretty bad defending whenever i watch them play and they have a hard run of fixtures

qpr seen them once or twice played very different both times so not to sure about them but swansea away is never a good fixture for anyone in the bottom half

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:58 pm

yeah i agree, think we'll be looking at them to mess up on their own run ins to stand a chance of staying up

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:59 pm

please dont post in this thread again... ;)

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:12 pm

cant wait :P

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Wigan & Bolton lose 8-)

Swansea, Wolves & QPR still to play... :P

believe! :hyper:

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:58 pm

A look at the league table at half way through the season doesn't look good. Whilst our destiny is in our own hands still we will need some help from those around us. We can rely on Bolton and Wigan to keep us company but who else will get dragged into it. One or two bad rersults could easily drag Wolves and Swansea into it. I think QPR will make some signings that will keep them out of it. Sunderland and Fulham will be safe from squeaky bum Sunday. That leaves Villa, Norwich and Everton. Norwich i still believe can be dragged into it and i think possibly Villa could be as i don't rate Mcleish as a manager. Everton if they don't spend might go through a bad patch. Ten points between us and Everton and half a season to go. We have wasted some home games to get points but we could yet still battle out of it. No excuses though as reality is we are bottom and struggling. At the moment we look like a team tipped to be relegated and if something doesn't change and soon that is where we will be come May. The bottom three for most of the season has been us Bolton and Wigan. I don't see that changing for the forseeable future.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:59 pm

defo, its still in our hands :D

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Where can we find 30 points. Only eleven points to our name we are going to need another 30 to stand any chance of survival. First and foremost we must forget about the FA Cup. We will need all our players focused on survival and not wasting them on an attempt to go as far as possible in the FA cup. 20 games left at writing this so thats 60 points to go at and we need 30 of them. 10 of the games are at home. We have to win 8 of them giving us 24 points. The two home games i don't think we'll get anything will be Man Utd and Liverpool. The others we certainly stand a chance of winning if we get our act together but it won't be easy. Away from home another 10 games. 6 of them will be difficult to get anything from. These are Man Utd,Arsenal,Newcastle,Man City,Spurs and Chelsea. The other four we could find a victory or two again if we get our act together. So destiny is in our own hands. A few good signings and some of our young lads establishing themselves might yet see us survive. Our home form must be good though. If on paper is anything to go off and positivity then eight home wins and four away draws will give us 28 points on top of the eleven we already have. Only 39 points. Not enough to keep us from relegation i fear. So we have 20 cup finals coming up. First up a point at Man U is the target although we really need a win.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:33 pm

I can see 35 points easily being enough to stay up this season, don't think the bottom 4/5 teams will be near 40 points