Newcastle v Blackburn, FA Cup 3rd Round, MOTM time!

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

motm

Ben Arfa
33%
Bunn
No votes
Olsson
33%
Lowe
No votes
Givet
No votes
Hanley
No votes
Henley
No votes
Pedersen
No votes
Petrovic
No votes
Nzonzi
No votes
Vukcevic
No votes
Rochina
No votes
Formica
No votes
Goodwillie
No votes
Slew
No votes
Dont care
33%

Total votes: 3

Roverboyben
New signing

Re: Newcastle v Blackburn, FA Cup 3rd Round, 15:00

Post by Roverboyben » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Well i didnt see that coming.. Kean you are a joke.

RoverWithASquint
Regular international

Post by RoverWithASquint » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:55 pm

serves us right for taking off rochina, bringing on shite like slew and lowe lmfao

Newm12
Promising youngster

Post by Newm12 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:55 pm

atleast this isnt on a regular basis lol

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Another late goal. Another 2-1 defeat. Another game creating very little other than from set pieces.

Same old shit.

RoverWithASquint
Regular international

Post by RoverWithASquint » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:58 pm

our club is just a joke man, seriousley newcastle are good but missing there best players,, fulham will beat us and beat us easily what a shit team we are lmfao

onlyonejackwalker
Regular international

Post by onlyonejackwalker » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Glad we did not draw. Predictable late collapse. No clean sheet since Thatcher was PM.

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:59 pm

I think that at 1-1 we would have robbed them more than they robbed us at the end by the sounds of it.

dwayne cage
Inexperienced manager

Post by dwayne cage » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:31 pm

We deserved to lose.

RoverJag
New signing

Post by RoverJag » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Rubbish. Decent enough first half and good defending until kean started tampering. Rochina was the most dangerous player but got subbed. Sat too far back as usual with no ambition for a second goal. Nzonzi was woeful. Passed the buck every time and made no impact. Slew on instead of yak doesn't even make any sense - if you want to rest your star player why are you playing for a replay!? Kean doesn't know what he's doing.

onlyonejackwalker
Regular international

Post by onlyonejackwalker » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:36 pm

RoverJag wrote:Rubbish. Decent enough first half and good defending until kean started tampering. Rochina was the most dangerous player but got subbed. Sat too far back as usual with no ambition for a second goal. Nzonzi was woeful. Passed the buck every time and made no impact. Slew on instead of yak doesn't even make any sense - if you want to rest your star player why are you playing for a replay!? Kean doesn't know what he's doing.
Samba, Junior and Yakubu all rested. To preserve them for next week, or to avoid them being cup-tied?

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Ok dumped out of the FA Cup in the third round. A few months from now we may count this as a blessing but it would be nice to have a team that can compete with the likes of Newcastle. We have been promised this by our owners and manager. So with our season over with regarding both cups the first week in January and bottom of the premier league i can see why we should all feel optimistic. The only way is up i suppose and to be honest the bottom three in the league aren't too far behind those just out of the relegation places. A few good signings and a slight improvement in results good yet see us cling on to our premier league status. Like i said we were promised more but i will settle for survival even if it means Kean still charge. If we can achieve this then hopefully Venky's will have learned a few lesson's that may see uss avoid this kind of situation again. Saying all this of course doesn't alter the fact that three clubs have to be relegated and all the signs are we are going to be one of them. I will be very interested to see if Steve Kean has the shear bloody mindedness to try and convince us to back him and the club to get back into the premier league should we be are relegated. I have supported Rovers for over thirty years and have never seen the club in such a state. Even when we had no money and in the lower leagues we had a good following and respect for those in charge at Rovers. Our owners have taken our club in twelve month to the brink of obscurity the likes of Leeds and Portsmouth have suffered before. Well done Venky's. Well done Steve Kean. :dunce:

roversmillsy
Ageing international

Post by roversmillsy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Just got back now. We did today what we've done in goodness knows how many games this season. Take the lead and just constantly defend for the second half. As soon as the second half started you could see that we wouldn't win even though we had a goal advantage. Bunn made some amazing saves and it didn't look like he could do anything for both goals. Bunn, Hanley and Olsson were our best players and other than Henley and Vukcevic, nobody else looked bothered. We were shit all over the pitch but it doesn't matter because we probably "forfeited" the match.
Although not high in numbers, our support was class today and everyone sung their hearts out for the full 90 mins. Also, Bunn and Pedersen were the only ones who weren't forced to come and clap our fans. They came over but everyone else was fucking off down the tunnel before Kean forced them to us.

Why did Kean bring Slew on for Goodwillie when Yakubu was on the bench. Fucking clueless.

NorthEastRover
Promising youngster

Post by NorthEastRover » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:14 pm

dwayne cage wrote:We deserved to lose.
We didn't deserve to lose. Yet again, we played quite well for much of the game but didn't manage to hold on for anything.
I just knew towards the end when Newcastle were putting on the pressure, that we would concede. We gave away far too many free-kicks and corners.
I have to say the few Rovers fans there were very vocal and supportive. Much funnier and louder than the Newcastle fans... "Alan Shearer took you down!" :lol:
I fear this may be the last time I see Rovers at St. James Park for some time to come.
We did play well but yet again couldn't take anything from the game.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:13 am

Hmmm. Rovers lose 2-1 and play disgracefully. Has a familiar ring to it. Bunch of worthless :wanker:

SuperVukcevic
Regular international

Post by SuperVukcevic » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:05 am

well that was a waste of time