Rovers v Sunderland, Tue 20th March 2012, 20:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

well?

Rovers
39%
Sunderland
25%
Goalless
4%
Score draw
32%

Total votes: 28

mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Rovers v Sunderland, Tue 20th March 2012, 20:00

Post by mcteeth » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm

I said we'd win at Wolves, beat Sunderland and Bolton 8-)

Sunderland were fucking gash but taking nothing away from Kean and the players, really cannot fault the performance at all. Defended really well, Nzonzi was the best player on the pitch by some distance and ran the game, Formica, Olssons, Hoilett and Yak were always a threat, scored 2 cracking goals and never looked in doubt tonight 8-)

Special mention to Robinson who was extremely vocal, something he has lacked previously, constantly barking orders at everyone, especially at corner and set plays, we looked very well organised at the back. Also Orr with another brilliant overlap and cross to assist the Yak.

:hyper:
Last edited by mcteeth on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roversmillsy
Ageing international

Post by roversmillsy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Get in!! Fantastic defence performance and we made most of our chances count. Still can't afford to slack off now for the rest of the season. Another massive game on Saturday. Is that the first time we've won back-to-back league games under Steve Kean?

Massive 3 points!! :D

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:59 pm

mcteeth wrote:I said we'd win at Wolves, beat Sunderland and Bolton 8-)

Sunderland were fucking gash but taking nothing away from Kean and the players, really cannot fault the performance at all. Defended really well, Nzonzi was the best player on the pitch by some distance and ran the game, Formica, Olssons, Hoilett and Yak were always a threat, scored 2 cracking goals and never looked in doubt tonight 8-)

Special mention to Robinson who was extremely vocal, something he has lacked previously, constantly barking orders at everyone, especially at corner and set plays, we looked very well organised at the back. Also Orr with another brilliant overlap and cross to assist the Yak.

What about Pedersen? ;)

roversmillsy
Ageing international

Post by roversmillsy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Also, Yak's goal was very similar to the one Dunny scored against Villa, with Orr producing another quality cross. Nice so see Yak showing a "Pray 4 Muamba" shirt when he scored. He's my captain in my fantasy football as well :hyper:

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:59 pm

roversmillsy wrote:Get in!! Fantastic defence performance and we made most of our chances count. Still can't afford to slack off now for the rest of the season. Another massive game on Saturday. Is that the first time we've won back-to-back league games under Steve Kean?

Massive 3 points!! :D
Yeh very first time, now lets go smash Bolton :)

winston_the_cat
Promising youngster

Post by winston_the_cat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:03 pm

There is always something particularly satisfying about beating a side managed by Martin O'Neill. Especially one he's only just taken over and was annoyingly getting to play "above themselves". Brought down to earth with a bump tonight. And after most of a season convinced it was curtains for us, it looks like we'll survive, maybe even fairly comfortably.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 pm

-BARON-23- wrote:

What about Pedersen? ;)
Good first half and Hoilett scored from another long throw, he faded in last 15 mins and gave the ball away very cheaply that put us on the back foot, but overall he has played well for the last 2 and half games :)

roversmillsy
Ageing international

Post by roversmillsy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 pm

2 wins and most people think we're safe. People need to not get too far ahead of themselves. Yes we've won 2 games in a row with 2 clean sheet and we're 6 points clear but I don't think we are safe by any stretch of the imagination.
Anyway, I'm a very happy man tonight. :D

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 pm

mcteeth wrote:
-BARON-23- wrote:

What about Pedersen? ;)
Fair enough assessment there

Good first half and Hoilett scored from another long throw, he faded in last 15 mins and gave the ball away very cheaply that put us on the back foot, but overall he has played well for the last 2 and half games :)

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:10 pm

roversmillsy wrote:2 wins and most people think we're safe. People need to not get too far ahead of themselves. Yes we've won 2 games in a row with 2 clean sheet and we're 6 points clear but I don't think we are safe by any stretch of the imagination.
I still think 34 points will be safety, but we have obviously have to try and win every game. Bolton will be a hell of a test at the weekend now, I can imagine they'll all be going all out to prove something for Muamba.

It wont be like playing the Bolton team of a week or so ago.

winston_the_cat
Promising youngster

Post by winston_the_cat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Gibbon wrote:
roversmillsy wrote:2 wins and most people think we're safe. People need to not get too far ahead of themselves. Yes we've won 2 games in a row with 2 clean sheet and we're 6 points clear but I don't think we are safe by any stretch of the imagination.
I still think 34 points will be safety, but we have obviously have to try and win every game. Bolton will be a hell of a test at the weekend now, I can imagine they'll all be going all out to prove something for Muamba.

Is it sure yet the Bolton fixture will go ahead?

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:16 pm

find out tomorrow

dwayne cage
Inexperienced manager

Post by dwayne cage » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:23 pm

2 games four goals and all have been for us! Fantastic a win against Bolton could well make it highly likely we are staying up.

Rover Ryan
Ageing international

Post by Rover Ryan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:25 pm

winston_the_cat wrote:
Gibbon wrote:

Is it sure yet the Bolton fixture will go ahead?
It's looking like it will go ahead.
It could go either way Boltons performance. They may be still stunned and we'll destroy them but if we are to beat them I hope it isn't a walkover as we'd take no credit then!! I hope they play as good as they possibly can and we beat them on merit!! Surely we can't win 3 in a row :yeahright:

Rovertheseas
Experienced international star

Post by Rovertheseas » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Ollie Board wrote: It's looking like it will go ahead.
It could go either way Boltons performance. They may be still stunned and we'll destroy them but if we are to beat them I hope it isn't a walkover as we'd take no credit then!! I hope they play as good as they possibly can and we beat them on merit!! Surely we can't win 3 in a row :yeahright:
Who cares about getting the credit, I'd happily take the 3 points anyway :)