Bowyer leaves the club

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26727
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:46 am

mcteeth wrote: Appointing Kean and keeping him for so long is clearly the worst decision they've ever made.
No I disagree. History shows sacking Allardyce and appointing Kean was a mistake, but unless you've isolated yourself in the BRFCS conspiracy theory bubble, you can see parallels with what happens and has worked elsewhere. And things got much worse after Kean left. I'd say sacking Bowyer was far worse because they hadn't learned from disrupting the stability of the club when they sacked Allardyce, and they were the ones who'd put Bowyer in place. 18 months later, we're going to go down anther division.

mcteeth
Ageing international
Posts: 3388
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:44 am
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by mcteeth » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:36 pm

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Appointing Kean and persisting with him was the beginning of it all. It's the start of the cancer that fractured the club and begun the animosity towards Venky's rightly or wrongly, split the fans base, is the root cause of the conspiracies and the start of spiraling financial issues that were always going to get out of control with relegation from the Premier league. Is also the reason fans started to and continue to protest as stupid as that is and also the beginning of a declining fan base and match day revenue.

I say all that objectively and not from within a BRFCs bubble. Sacking Bowyer was a mistake but the major damage to the club as a whole came before that.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26727
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:11 pm

I think the issue with that argument is that it's not to do with the actual decision of choosing Kean, but the decisions of a section of the fanbase. We've seen since that it doesn't matter who the actual manager is, or how long they're in the job. Kean was just the first scapegoat, it doesn't matter who they'd installed to replace Allardyce. They've already started trying to undermine Mowbray, he hasn't even had a match yet.

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13176
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:13 pm

It doesn't matter who is manager or owner, large numbers of the fans behave like morons when the team are losing.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14182
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:14 pm

mcteeth wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree.

Appointing Kean and persisting with him was the beginning of it all. It's the start of the cancer that fractured the club and begun the animosity towards Venky's rightly or wrongly, split the fans base, is the root cause of the conspiracies and the start of spiraling financial issues that were always going to get out of control with relegation from the Premier league. Is also the reason fans started to and continue to protest as stupid as that is and also the beginning of a declining fan base and match day revenue.

I say all that objectively and not from within a BRFCs bubble. Sacking Bowyer was a mistake but the major damage to the club as a whole came before that.
There was grumblings about Venkys before the sacking of Allardyce. Because they're "chicken farmers" and from India.

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13176
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:56 pm

As everyone in the Russian Football Federation would agree, there is no racism in Blackburn.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14182
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:33 pm

:D

I shouldn't laugh. :(

yankfan
Promising youngster
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by yankfan » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:48 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
mcteeth wrote: Appointing Kean and keeping him for so long is clearly the worst decision they've ever made.
No I disagree. History shows sacking Allardyce and appointing Kean was a mistake, but unless you've isolated yourself in the BRFCS conspiracy theory bubble, you can see parallels with what happens and has worked elsewhere. And things got much worse after Kean left. I'd say sacking Bowyer was far worse because they hadn't learned from disrupting the stability of the club when they sacked Allardyce, and they were the ones who'd put Bowyer in place. 18 months later, we're going to go down anther division.
I think you're both wrong. Purchasing get the club was the worst decision Venky's made. :doh:

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14182
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Probably. Despite it probably being a well meaning decision.

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13176
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by Ethiaa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:49 pm

I suppose you could look at the 5 million a year the trust were able to invest and think in some way we were better off rather than the 25 mil a year that Venky's invest. No doubt some ppl still want to pretend that all bad things in the world are because of some Indians though. :roll:

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14182
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:19 pm

No, I meant from Venkys point of view, I bet they wish they hadn't bothered.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26727
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:28 am

mrblackbat wrote:No, I meant from Venkys point of view, I bet they wish they hadn't bothered.
Why? The success garnered from owning a football club isn't limited to what happens directly to the club. Sure, they've not got a good rep in Blackburn, and English football fans probably think of chicken puns whenever they're mentioned. But on a global basis, the people they deal with won't really care about the finer details of them sacking Allardyce or how regularly their team lose. They own an English football club, it's a nice marker for their success in business.

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13176
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:49 am

mrblackbat wrote:No, I meant from Venkys point of view, I bet they wish they hadn't bothered.
I'm not actually sure what I was going on about there. Just general grumbling I think.

yankfan
Promising youngster
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by yankfan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:35 am

Ethiaa wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:49 pm
I suppose you could look at the 5 million a year the trust were able to invest and think in some way we were better off rather than the 25 mil a year that Venky's invest. No doubt some ppl still want to pretend that all bad things in the world are because of some Indians though. :roll:
I was talking about the Venkys point of view. They have gotten it all wrong every step of the way. Their investment is depreciating rapidly, they're having to throw more money at it each year and they're not getting any positive brand recognition out of it. If we end up in league one it's difficult to imagine things going much worse than they have since Venkys took over. 5 million a year run professionally is probably better than 25 million run like buffoons. Throwing money at a problem doesn't always fix it. I'm not sure we would be better off under the trust, but it's difficult to imagine it being much worse.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26727
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Bowyer leaves the club

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:54 am

yankfan wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:35 am
Ethiaa wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:49 pm
I suppose you could look at the 5 million a year the trust were able to invest and think in some way we were better off rather than the 25 mil a year that Venky's invest. No doubt some ppl still want to pretend that all bad things in the world are because of some Indians though. :roll:
I was talking about the Venkys point of view. They have gotten it all wrong every step of the way. Their investment is depreciating rapidly, they're having to throw more money at it each year and they're not getting any positive brand recognition out of it. If we end up in league one it's difficult to imagine things going much worse than they have since Venkys took over. 5 million a year run professionally is probably better than 25 million run like buffoons. Throwing money at a problem doesn't always fix it. I'm not sure we would be better off under the trust, but it's difficult to imagine it being much worse.
But then what's been the net effect on their worldwide business and social interests?

Post Reply