Venky's out now

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re: Venky's out now

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:43 am

I see the LET are pushing their agenda again too. They get more like the Daily Mail every day.

rovertilidie
Promising youngster

Post by rovertilidie » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:41 pm

Maybe the Blackpool fans don't realise they don't need tickets to stand outside the ground or maybe they just want to go in at half time for a bovril.

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:07 pm

I read that, and I wondered what the general sentiment here on roverstalk would be...

So, Senior looks at our roster of players & our manager and says, "man, everything here is as good as it's going to be...no changes needed for the rest of the season. We will worry about that when we are in League One."

How much is this guy being paid?!?

rovertilidie
Promising youngster

Post by rovertilidie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:05 pm

It's sensible on one hand but disappointing on the other. It is true a lot of money is wasted in January. January for me too is top up time.

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Yes it makes better sense if you're one or two player short, and you're going into the promotion run, that you make a couple of roster moves in January.

But I would think it would be equally important for teams like ours that definitely have needs in order to stay up. It makes no sense at all to be number 23 in the Championship and sit here when you could bring in a transfer or two, and say, "nope, we're going to be fine."

I guess we would have to know the potential loss of going into League 1 from Championship; lets just take the gate & concessions. If we average roughly 10,000/game now; what will we average in League 1- it will likely be less, maybe 6000 fans attending per game? If those 4,000 fans just spent £20 each game, that would be £80,000 per game lost.