Venky's out now

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re: Venky's out now

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Lamp. I LOVE LAMP!

BlueMonday
New signing

Post by BlueMonday » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:53 pm

Some of the opinions on this board are a joke.
Ask yourselves why loyal Rovers fans, some with 20, 30, 40, 50 years of following Rovers, home and away, through hail rain & snow have been pushed to the point where they think protesting is all that they they have left? People who have enjoyed following our great Club, who are now being forced, through objection, to stop pursuing their passion.
It doesn't matter wether you agree or not that protesting is the right thing to do, you just need to empathise with fellow ROVERS supporters and try and understand what they have been driven to. I was ashamed to hear fellow Rovers fans booing protesters today. Total disgrace.
Its not even worth trying to persuade the deniers why Venkys are bad and why they need to go. Wether you believe 'conspiracies' or not, if you can't work out that they need to go for the sake of the future of BRFC for yourselves, you're beyond help.
And for those supporters who didn't join the protest today, as is your right. Ewood was like a morgue for 18 mins tonight. So you can hardly claim to be the passionate flag bearers 'backing the lads'
PROTESTERS SUPPORT THE TEAM AS WELL, we are just demanding change before Venkys choke the life out of our Club.

Arte et Labore.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:28 am

"Ask yourselves why loyal Rovers fans, some with 20, 30, 40, 50 years of following Rovers, home and away, through hail rain & snow have been pushed to the point where they think protesting is all that they they have left?"

Because they don't understand how running a football club works? :yeahright:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:11 am

BlueMonday wrote:PROTESTERS SUPPORT THE TEAM AS WELL, we are just demanding change before Venkys choke the life out of our Club.
Yesterday was a poor effort at supporting the team. I've seen a few mention now that it had a disruptive effect on our performance. If you want to support the team, that means getting behind them during the match and showing that support - providing them with an environment that buoys them up and allows them to concentrate on playing their games. Find other ways away from the matches to protest if you feel you must.

There's a complete lack of understanding of how a football club has to operate, particularly under FFP. Yesterday Sky apparently showed that we've taken £40 million more in transfer fees than we've spent and the #Venkyout mob has grasped this as some sort of validation, while ignoring the fact that that money will have had to go on loan fees/wages, running costs, servicing debts, covering the shortfall in income due to reduced crowds, reduction in TV money etc...

More and more the protest movement remind me of a 3 year old who's tantrumming because he's been told he has to stay away from a hot oven.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:21 am

And as our manager says, the wage bill of the club is competitive at the top end of the championship. I suppose the protesters thought that the boos when they bothered to show up were for the owners, not for them :roll:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Hmmmm....

All things considered the protest turned out to be pretty well organised and well attended. The numbers are always exaggerated for this kind of thing, but it was certainly enough people to be noticed, they got their 15 minutes from the sky commentators so I guess everyone goes home happy. Fair play to the club as well... Despite the various conspiracy nonsense being banded around the protest was facilitated with minimal fuss. Hooray professionalism.

Not sure it's fair to blame the protests for the goal... Professional players will always notice the crowd, but shouldn't be affected by it.

Couple of things occur... They still lack a message. If you have them all a why are you protesting questionnaire you would get 50 different responses, and not if you asked them what are you hoping to achieve. I think this was most apparent in the commentary, where although it was spoken about, the best they could cover up with is "a breakdown in communication".

Coyle was right before the game... Not his job to worry about it. Just try to win some games. He stopped short of saying that the protests would go away if we were winning, but the implication was clear.

The divided fanbase is now the most worrying concern for me. I'm tired of being referred to as a scab or denier, and I'm sure they feel the same way about being called conspiracy nuts by me. The atmosphere is toxic around the club and frankly I'm getting done with rovers. I follow the results because old habits die hard, but I struggle to get excited about the prospect of watching games and I'm becoming embarrassed and apologetic when i tell people who I support. The fact that old timers (hah... Rounding on 25 years myself) like star are feeling the same way is a sad indictment of how far wrong it's gone.

BlueMonday
New signing

Post by BlueMonday » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:42 pm

mrblackbat wrote:"Ask yourselves why loyal Rovers fans, some with 20, 30, 40, 50 years of following Rovers, home and away, through hail rain & snow have been pushed to the point where they think protesting is all that they they have left?"

NEITHER DO VENKYS YOU TWONK!

When are the deniers going to work out that Rovers is going down the tubes under these charlatans and that new owners are needed before we go into administration?!?

Sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting la la la la is not a strategy. Its fiddling while Rome burns!

And just to point out, the atmosphere at Ewood from the 'Die Hards' is abysmal. So you might be ATTENDING the games but you are definitely NOT 'backing the lads'. It was like a morgue yesterday before the protesters arrived.

So you deniers and happy clappers sit back and leave the future of Blackburn Rovers to the big boys. We'll save your Club for you, while you blame Loyal supporters for the damage that Venkys have done.

Arte et Labore.

BlueMonday
New signing

Post by BlueMonday » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Ethiaa wrote:And as our manager says, the wage bill of the club is competitive at the top end of the championship. I suppose the protesters thought that the boos when they bothered to show up were for the owners, not for them :roll:
Just a pity the team he has assembled isn't.

BlueMonday
New signing

Post by BlueMonday » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Gibbon wrote:
BlueMonday wrote:PROTESTERS SUPPORT THE TEAM AS WELL, we are just demanding change before Venkys choke the life out of our Club.
Yesterday was a poor effort at supporting the team. I've seen a few mention now that it had a disruptive effect on our performance. If you want to support the team, that means getting behind them during the match and showing that support - providing them with an environment that buoys them up and allows them to concentrate on playing their games. Find other ways away from the matches to protest if you feel you must.

There's a complete lack of understanding of how a football club has to operate, particularly under FFP. Yesterday Sky apparently showed that we've taken £40 million more in transfer fees than we've spent and the #Venkyout mob has grasped this as some sort of validation, while ignoring the fact that that money will have had to go on loan fees/wages, running costs, servicing debts, covering the shortfall in income due to reduced crowds, reduction in TV money etc...

More and more the protest movement remind me of a 3 year old who's tantrumming because he's been told he has to stay away from a hot oven.
There has been very little protesting at the games, that has been the first major organised protest for some time. The performance of the Team was no different last night to previous games. So the fantastic 'backing' the team has been getting from the 'real' supporters has made squat difference this season. So while you lot grind your teeth about how the protesters are destroying the Club, Venkys are sucking the life out of Rovers without so much as a whimper from the 'real' supporters.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:11 pm

BlueMonday wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:And as our manager says, the wage bill of the club is competitive at the top end of the championship. I suppose the protesters thought that the boos when they bothered to show up were for the owners, not for them :roll:
My point exactly. Nobody is waiting in the wings to fund our club. Meanwhile the owners are putting in the cash. It's hilarious that the club debt is suddenly being bandied around like it's a negative - it's just a clear measure of the money the owners have put in. The manager says it's going to the playing squad and he's not winning enough games with that squad. That's where the focus should be. All this nonsense just makes the supporters look ill informed at best.

We have a small following and an even smaller attendance. Every action that hurts our attendance also hurts our commercial potential and the ability of the club to move forward. Protests hurt our club. Nobody is attracted to attend matches by the current atmosphere and actions of some groups. That directly impacts on the ability of the club to invest. Hopefully you understand the restrictions of FFP and know that there are limits to what can be invested. As such you'll also know that incoming transfer fees need to be used to cover club expenses first because without doing that there are no stewards, no pies, no police, no games - we don't have sufficient income from elsewhere to cover this. Every action which drives away fans and sponsors means less that the club can spend. A choice to protest is a choice to hurt the club. It's as black and white as that. Is it any wonder some people don't agree with those making us look foolish on TV.

They can do and say what they want but they don't speak for me - nor do I believe they speak for the best interests of the club.

BlueMonday
New signing

Post by BlueMonday » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Ethiaa wrote:
BlueMonday wrote:
My point exactly. Nobody is waiting in the wings to fund our club. Meanwhile the owners are putting in the cash. It's hilarious that the club debt is suddenly being bandied around like it's a negative - it's just a clear measure of the money the owners have put in. The manager says it's going to the playing squad and he's not winning enough games with that squad. That's where the focus should be. All this nonsense just makes the supporters look ill informed at best.

We have a small following and an even smaller attendance. Every action that hurts our attendance also hurts our commercial potential and the ability of the club to move forward. Protests hurt our club. Nobody is attracted to attend matches by the current atmosphere and actions of some groups. That directly impacts on the ability of the club to invest. Hopefully you understand the restrictions of FFP and know that there are limits to what can be invested. As such you'll also know that incoming transfer fees need to be used to cover club expenses first because without doing that there are no stewards, no pies, no police, no games - we don't have sufficient income from elsewhere to cover this. Every action which drives away fans and sponsors means less that the club can spend. A choice to protest is a choice to hurt the club. It's as black and white as that. Is it any wonder some people don't agree with those making us look foolish on TV.

They can do and say what they want but they don't speak for me - nor do I believe they speak for the best interests of the club.
Wrong. Protests haven't hurt the Club, Venkys rank mismanagement has hurt the Club. One disastrous decision after another for 6 solid years is the reason staring you in the face.

You are a moron and you deserve Venkys.

Jim
Experienced international star

Post by Jim » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:59 pm

The protesters and their self-serving egotistical nobheads Mulan and Kammy are precisely the reason I've taken my business away from the club. So Ethiaa certainly speaks for me.

I wouldn't pay to visit Ewood the three or four times a season like I used to because I will not enjoy it. I've watched us win, lose and draw in the past and there have been good and bad times. Nothing leaves a more bitter taste in my mouth than what these protests are doing.

BlueMonday
New signing

Post by BlueMonday » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:29 pm

Jim wrote:The protesters and their self-serving egotistical nobheads Mulan and Kammy are precisely the reason I've taken my business away from the club. So Ethiaa certainly speaks for me.

I wouldn't pay to visit Ewood the three or four times a season like I used to because I will not enjoy it. I've watched us win, lose and draw in the past and there have been good and bad times. Nothing leaves a more bitter taste in my mouth than what these protests are doing.
In years to come when there's still a Club left to support, you can thank the self serving nobheads for standing up to the real threat to Rovers...

Jim
Experienced international star

Post by Jim » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:06 pm

That's exactly the thing that you protesters don't understand... It doesn't matter who owns the club, who the manager is, what league we are in... The club will go on in some form.

Be thankful Venkys are still susbidising the lowest in years attendances, because if they weren't we'd have done a Pompey years ago. Then what would have happened to Brockhall and Ewood Park.

At this current rate we would struggle in League 1 with our finances and match-day income. Gone are the days where a "Jack Walker" could just throw money at the situation. Nobody in the championship can now that financial fair play is in. Only the Newcastle's, Leeds' and Villa's with their 40-50k a week attendances can sustain that amount of spending. You're delusional if you think we are in the same league as them in terms of finances. We are far closer to the likes of Bury, Scunthorpe and Barnsley, other small town clubs, than we are the big clubs.

If you don't like it, welcome to the FA rules circa 2016. Certainly don't blame the Venkys for that.

Their football decision making leaves a lot to be desired, that's clear to everyone with their managerial record and dodgy transfer history (calling Steve Kean and Bruno Ribeiro), but in terms of investment, they are doing everything they can to keep a small town, small attendance club punching above its weight and for that they deserve credit not protestations and xenophobic vitriol.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:45 pm

BlueMonday wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:"Ask yourselves why loyal Rovers fans, some with 20, 30, 40, 50 years of following Rovers, home and away, through hail rain & snow have been pushed to the point where they think protesting is all that they they have left?"

NEITHER DO VENKYS YOU TWONK!

When are the deniers going to work out that Rovers is going down the tubes under these charlatans and that new owners are needed before we go into administration?!?

Sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting la la la la is not a strategy. Its fiddling while Rome burns!

And just to point out, the atmosphere at Ewood from the 'Die Hards' is abysmal. So you might be ATTENDING the games but you are definitely NOT 'backing the lads'. It was like a morgue yesterday before the protesters arrived.

So you deniers and happy clappers sit back and leave the future of Blackburn Rovers to the big boys. We'll save your Club for you, while you blame Loyal supporters for the damage that Venkys have done.

Arte et Labore.
"Deniers" :lol: