Venky's out now

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Re: Venky's out now

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:52 am

the door is right there Blue Monday, hopefully it doesn't hit you on your already sore arse.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:37 am

Blackbat wrote:
"Deniers" :lol:
I reckon I'm probably the equivalent of an opaque black 100 denier.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:38 am

Classic fingers in ears, head in sand. Never mind eh.

wrinks_89
Valued squad member

Post by wrinks_89 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:34 am

theadore wrote:Can agree with that. However obviously with the caveat that they're WAAAAY worse than we are.

;)
Haha preach! *raises arms*.
*remembers where I am, and quickly lowers arms*

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:48 pm

I watched the game on TV and to be honest I can't really see what the protest achieved. It had little pockets of airtime but looked like a flash in the pan more than anything. We literally don't have enough people at a match day to make any kind of major impact regarding a walk-in or walk-out.

Also consider the fact that Palace v Liverpool was on BT sport at the same time and was a 6 goal thriller with Klopp's Liverpool in fine form. You can imagine which game most pubs would have been showing across the country as well as the BBC sport article mocking the timing and pointlessness of the protest. That article in itself will have had more clicks and reads than anything any of our fans will achieve. For me the overriding effect of the whole thing is a negative.

There is also too much emphasis on where Venky's are from which forms a constant discourse in whatever the aims of the protesters are. This alone lowers the credibility and aims which even to begin with are unclear.

The few times I get to Ewood each season of the last couple of years it isn't a toxic atmosphere that is palpable the place just seems flat and dead.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:49 pm

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... s-12190304

Could always be worse, eh? Where did all the money go?!?!? *looks at Alan Irvine*

Holy shit, where did Alan Irvine go?

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Alan Irvine has gone?

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:33 pm

mcteeth wrote:I watched the game on TV and to be honest I can't really see what the protest achieved. It had little pockets of airtime but looked like a flash in the pan more than anything. We literally don't have enough people at a match day to make any kind of major impact regarding a walk-in or walk-out.

Also consider the fact that Palace v Liverpool was on BT sport at the same time and was a 6 goal thriller with Klopp's Liverpool in fine form. You can imagine which game most pubs would have been showing across the country as well as the BBC sport article mocking the timing and pointlessness of the protest. That article in itself will have had more clicks and reads than anything any of our fans will achieve. For me the overriding effect of the whole thing is a negative.

There is also too much emphasis on where Venky's are from which forms a constant discourse in whatever the aims of the protesters are. This alone lowers the credibility and aims which even to begin with are unclear.

The few times I get to Ewood each season of the last couple of years it isn't a toxic atmosphere that is palpable the place just seems flat and dead.
If the crowd was sufficiently large- say 20,000- a walkout of 5,000 would have quite the visual impact. But, a 1/4 walkout, of a "crowd" of 10,000? It just looks like a bunch of people took a bathroom/concessions break. :lol:

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Coyle: We will survive, we need investment
Blackburn Rovers manager Owen Coyle is confident his club will avoid relegation this season.
Danny Graham scored twice as Rovers came from behind to beat Brentford 3-2 and move up to 22nd in the Championship, two points from safety.
Coyle, who took over at Ewood Park in the summer, has seen his side just spend one week outside the Championship bottom three this campaign.
"We will move ourselves to a position of safety in this league," he said.
He told BBC Radio Lancashire: "There is absolutely no doubt about that and when we do, we need the right investment and the right time to kick on.
"We believe that we can get this club, in time, back to where we feel we should be.

"We want to get better in one or two areas and I certainly know the areas we want to improve the club."
On the pitch and off the pitch? :yeahright:

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Surely on the left of the pitch and the right of the pitch? All of which is his responsibility.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Ethiaa wrote:Surely on the left of the pitch and the right of the pitch? All of which is his responsibility.
What about the middle?

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:44 pm

The level of accuracy we can work with here makes the middle largely irrelevant. It's tiny. Someone playing 1mm to the left or right can cover it.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:49 am

Which side do we put the goalkeeper on? I understand it's not much to ask him to cover both, but he needs to be assigned to one or the other.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:16 am

Depends if he is left or right handed.