Supporter Consultation Meetings

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14098
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:24 pm

Pah, 13 new players?!?! Where I ask you, where?! I mean, Danny Graham clearly doesn't count, because he was already here on loan, and the guys on loan don't count, because, well, they're on loan so they're not our players even if they get on the pitch and score goals and things. And and and .... where has all the money gone?!?! What happened to Alan Irvine?

Ahem.

Again, thanks for going to this stuff Eth, it's important to have rational people in attendance.

User avatar
rovertilidie
Promising youngster
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by rovertilidie » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:38 pm

Thanks again for going.....managed to listen to it all....just hate it when people are being disrespectful and not wanting to listen to the answer.

The question along the lines of "why do the Venkys sneak in and out of the club" (or however it was asked) made me laugh....maybe it's because they don't want Iceballs thrown at them.

User avatar
wrinks_89
Valued squad member
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:27 am
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by wrinks_89 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:06 pm

I'd of preferred the chapattis, personally. Perhaps they can place some requests

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13099
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:14 am

The next meeting is on the 30th March - if you have any specific (and answerable) questions you want raising, please feel free to post or PM to me. I'm rounding up reps to go along. If you have a burning desire to sit through it with me let me know.

Note: I won't be asking anything about if a point gained is two points dropped.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14098
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:17 am

What about if when Bristol City are below us, do points count double?

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13099
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:19 am

:|

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9448
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by theadore » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:04 pm

-Sell Better Beer - In fact... don't sell anything that is made more than 10 miles away from the ground.
-Something about Mowbray and plans for the future - although no doubt this will be covered by them anyway
-Does the club plan to introduce safe standing/rail seats if it gets the go ahead?
-Why are you hell bent on destroying the club? Do you admit that you're just a shill for SEM/Kentaro/The Glaswegian Mafia/Illuminati

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6548
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Dan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:18 pm

What's Alan Irvine's current role?

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13099
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:24 pm

theadore wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:04 pm
-Sell Better Beer - In fact... don't sell anything that is made more than 10 miles away from the ground.
-Something about Mowbray and plans for the future - although no doubt this will be covered by them anyway
-Does the club plan to introduce safe standing/rail seats if it gets the go ahead?
-Why are you hell bent on destroying the club? Do you admit that you're just a shill for SEM/Kentaro/The Glaswegian Mafia/Illuminati
The issue of real ales and premium lagers is discussed a couple of times a year at the fans forum already. Basically the cost of installing serving equipment for cask and cellar management restrict this to sales in the fanzone. The sales volume of premium lagers doesn't make it worthwhile putting this in as another option due to cost.

As you say, no doubt will be covered.

Safe standing is an ongoing discussion but the main issue continues to be the investment required to remodel a section of the stadium at a time when demand is still being assessed. If you check the fans forum minutes there is a lengthy history of discussion - we keep raising it there but there is no imminent change to the situation.

I suspect this will also be raised by someone over and over and over :D

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13099
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:29 am

I was considering giving you a summary of the meeting last night but largely there isn't much to tell you.

Season tickets on sale early, price freezes for early birds. Tony loves to tell a long story to answer any given questions and is a fan of snot and blood. And that's about it.

Of course there is still a small group of supporters who only want a reason to attack the owners and appear to STILL think that it's all an alien conspiracy involving Kentaro. I feel a bit embarrassed for them - they are kinda like angry flat earthers.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26683
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:03 am

It was very interesting going along last night. There's a perception that the club is falling apart, but behind the scenes there seems to be a lot of good going on with a team of people striving to make improvements. The problem is, none of it will ever have a bigger impact than first team performance; whilst we're struggling in the league, community schemes and financial improvements are side issues.

It was the first time I'd heard some of these people speak, and I was surprised how candid the event felt. Mike Cheston seems a decent, ordinary guy. He was clearly nervous about speaking in public, and only really seemed at home when presenting figures and charts that went over the heads of most in the room. It probably didn't help that Mark Fish of BRAG launched a ranting, nonsensical personal attack on him early on, and some of the questions were that ridiculous they were impossible to answer. Paul Senior comes across as as snakey as a politician, much more comfortable doing the talking. Perhaps what the club needs, he could be a good spokesman for the club. The audience were generally receptive, although some of the questions were a bit, well, bizarre (eg "What is Sohail Pasha's real name?"). The exception were the BRAG guys, who as you might anticipate, ignored the request not to heckle and shout out questions out of turn, and behaved like naughty school kids for most of the meeting.

And then there was Tony Mowbray, who started off with the cliched manager spiel, but relaxed after two or three questions and loosened his tongue and said things I'm not so sure he should have been open about. One thing he did do was talk quite a bit about working under SISU at Coventry, noting the similarities to what he now faces at Rovers, but also highlighting differences that make him believe he can achieve more here. It was interesting to hear him talking frankly about players in the squad in a way you wouldn't get in an interview. And he made the point himself that games have come thick and fast and he hasn't really had time to think about how he'll take us forward. But at least we're in a better position than this time last year in that at least our manager wants to be here next season.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26683
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:08 am

Oh, and the one genuine cause for complaint passed by with little interest - the club's new online season ticket software can't cope with issuing tickets for disabled supporters with carers. Which is appalling in my view.

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9448
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by theadore » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:54 am

a fairly poor oversight - but presumably one that is being addressed?

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13099
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:10 am

Brand new 3rd party system, they've no idea if they can fix it because they hadn't thought about the issue (or that's how it appeared). It's a bit of a needless barrier for people really, just because the system can't sell something at zero cost.

They said they would look at it.
Incompetent Gibbon wrote:Surely just have it as two at half price? :yeahright:

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26683
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:46 am

theadore wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:54 am
a fairly poor oversight - but presumably one that is being addressed?
They seemed caught out by it, said they wanted to make sure the system was working as is before sorting it. I got the impression they've bought a package supplied to a lot of clubs and the problem is they can't reprogram it themselves to allow the free ticket for the carer. So ultimately it isn't their fault, although maybe they could have foreseen it. But it is more of an issue for supporters than whether Mike Cheston can recall someone's specific official job title or if the owners know how to use Skype. And that's not mentioning the silly stuff that didn't make sense that some were riled up about...

Eth has of course answered the same in the time it took me to finish that post. And come up with a solution! Tell Greg Coar! :hyper:

Post Reply