Supporter Consultation Meetings

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Post Reply
User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13176
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:09 pm

Over the next couple of weeks the club will be meeting internally to discuss the structure for the new Supporter Consultation Meetings, the first of which is scheduled for Wednesday, 5th October.

Each supporter group has been asked to put forward their recommendations as to how they would like to see these meetings structured. If you would like to make any suggestions, please just drop them into this thread or send me an email before Friday 26th August - I will ensure that these are passed on and the club have committed to ensuring all views and thoughts are duly considered.

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13176
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:11 pm

These are the notes from the initial meeting which are out and about on the web but here for your reference...

· Mike Cheston opened the meeting and welcomed the supporters from the various groups. He advised that the club would be meeting with supporters twice per year to discuss their views, opinions and concerns. The club confirmed that the meetings would not be exclusive, they would be inviting representatives from all supporter groups to attend plus additional supporters who were interested in attending. It was important that the meeting was fully representative of the fan base and the club would do everything it could to ensure this was the case. The meetings would be structured in line with current EFL guidance.

· All groups in attendance unanimously agreed that this process was a step forward for the club and should enhance its communication with fans.

· It was agreed that the supporter group representatives should go back to their members and discuss how the club can re-engage with the fans, how we should invite the fans to the meetings so not to exclude anyone, and the way they see their group being represented at the meetings.

· There was a discussion that each group would be offered an amount of tickets per meeting (number to be agreed but the general consensus was 5), it was agreed that, in order for the meetings to maintain some consistency, two tickets from the allocation should always go to the same members and other three given around the group to give all members a chance to attend if they wish. The confirmed number of tickets would be determined following receipt of feedback.

· The meetings would be structured by a pre-agreed agenda and supporters groups would be invited to offer items for discussion 1 week prior the meeting taking place. These should be forwarded to Lynsey Talbot no less than 48 hours ahead of the meeting and the Agenda would be distributed to all parties at least 24 hours in advance.

· As well as these meetings, the club agreed to hold an online survey for supporters to complete in order to gauge fan satisfaction, improve communication and in order to obtain views and opinions on specific matters.

· Additional Manager/Board Q&A sessions for supporters were discussed and it was agreed that this was something that the club would look into.

· Any ideas on how to move the initiative forward should be emailed to Lynsey Talbot by 6th August. The club would then put together a structure for the meetings going forward.

· September and March had been identified by the club as the months when these meetings should be held. However, following internal discussion with regard to fixtures, it was agreed that the l dates for this season would be Wednesday, 5th October and Wednesday, 29th March.

· The meetings would consist of Board representation, the First Team Manager and members of the Senior Management Team dependent on the Agenda items to be discussed.

· The Fans Forum would continue to meet on a bi-monthly basis and Lynsey Talbot would be the club representative going forward.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26727
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Musical chairs, naked mud wrestling and a ceremonial burning of witch of the week. Followed by jelly and ice cream.

Is it going to make our players better at football?

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13176
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:28 pm

The musical chairs might.

We all know this is aimed at groups rather more irate about the world than us but that's not a reason to disengage from it - probably quite the opposite. Moderate opinions are of great value in times like these.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14182
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Can we ask them to confirm if Alan Irvine has left the club?

On a serious note, hopefully the nutjob groups will get on board. Sadly, I doubt that they will, I think they're too far gone. All we can hope is that these types of engagements can get press coverage and try and drown out the nutters to show that there are more moderate fans who understand a little more about how modern football works.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26727
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:46 pm

Sure. I'm just not sure there's a rational solution to deal with irrational complaints. The more irate groups don't actually want better communication, they'll get themselves worked up whatever the club does to try and build bridges with them. Maybe it's just me, but I think the First Team Manager could spend his time more productively by doing things other than talking to people whose intention is to shoot him down.

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9486
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by theadore » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:47 pm

I've never heard of Lynsey Talbot - but I'm pretty convinced she is a venky's stooge/works for SEM or Kentaro/is infact jerome anderson.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14182
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:48 pm

The only rational solution is to present the rational argument loud enough for normal people to see it and understand it. As with any subject. The nutters are always going to shout louder, but collective the rational can drown them out.

The problem with football is that the irrational has been speaking louder for a while, not just at our club, either.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26727
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:49 pm

theadore wrote:I've never heard of Lynsey Talbot - but I'm pretty convinced she is a venky's stooge/works for SEM or Kentaro/is infact jerome anderson.
Obviously. :hyper:

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14182
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:50 pm

theadore wrote:I've never heard of Lynsey Talbot - but I'm pretty convinced she is a venky's stooge/works for SEM or Kentaro/is infact jerome anderson.
In fact, if you look closely, Lynsey Talbot is in fact an anagram of "total nyb lyes". Think on it. All those contracts drawn up with that pen are lies!!!!

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26727
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Just wait until those amateur Sherlocks discover Owen Coyle has a contract with relegation clauses and loyalty payments... :yeahright:

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17303
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Gibbon » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:43 pm

The BRFCS contingent are already discussing boycotting this. And will presumably then complain that there's no communication.

OUTRAGE!

User avatar
rovertilidie
Promising youngster
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by rovertilidie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Gibbon wrote:The BRFCS contingent are already discussing boycotting this.
Probably not a bad thing.

All I want is the players to give it everything and the manager not to play players constantly out of position.

Simple.

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9486
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by theadore » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:28 pm

They'll go... Then ask 2 questions.

1. Will venkys sell
2. Will you admit to the following baseless charges

Then they denounce the whole thing as too little too late (or worse) and call it a day.

Sadly they represent a large portion of our most vocal fans (at least in the internet bubble)... Their participation is fairly crucial to this working.

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13176
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Most of our supporters exist outside of the internet bubble however.

Post Reply