Supporter Consultation Meetings

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
WacoRover
Experienced international star
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by WacoRover » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:50 am

Thorisgodpoo wrote:Thank you for clarifying everything for me Ethiaa. I appreciate everything you do.
Same here; I'm still learning, & I've gathered much since I "joined up" here.

It seems almost impossible for Rovers to return to greatness, unless the academies are thoroughly funded & developed. I can't see us ever do it, via transfers... Leicester City struck gold on Mahrez & Vardy (what, £1.5 mil for both?!?), that's like the chance you or I will be hit by lightning in our lifetimes.

Thanks again!

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:06 am

If you look more closely at what Leicester did, you might be less impressed...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... estigation

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:39 am

A decent reminder - I'd forgotten about that to be honest.

OT - I wonder what next for FPP (given that it is in my eyes at least an inevitable failure)... there will be I'm sure any number of imaginative ways to funnel money into a club - and the TV money at the end of it makes is a lucrative option for prospective owners to gamble. I never thought I'd be defending rich owners of football clubs, but perhaps the sensible next step would be transparent finances, where owners can bankroll clubs provided that they make legal obligations to ensure the clubs longevity? The only long term alternative I can see is a complete abandonment of promotion and relegation and a franchised division structure.

I see the :paranoid: at BRFCS have taken this all in the spirit it was intended...

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic ... ?p=1689795

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:50 am

Ethiaa wrote:If you look more closely at what Leicester did, you might be less impressed...

Similar stories apply to the manner in which the likes of Southampton declared bankruptcy too.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:37 am

On a side issue, there is the "open supporters meeting" on Thursday 1st September in Blakeys Bar in King Georges Hall Blackburn - doors open 7pm for a 7.30pm start.

This is being organised by the action group so I guess you can imagine what it's going to be like. But you know, I've told you about it now so you can make your own choice how you waste your time ;)

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Ethiaa wrote:If you look more closely at what Leicester did, you might be less impressed...

That makes interesting reading...financial doping by the owners, huh? We'll see what (if anything) happens.

onlyonejackwalker
Regular international

Post by onlyonejackwalker » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:58 pm

mrblackbat wrote:oojw would moan if we won the league. And the Champions League, and the world cup. Ten years running.
Now, now, Blackbat. Play the ball not the man.

You guys moaned constantly like a bitchy child about ball retention stats and the manner in which we propelled the ball forward whilst comfortably mid-table in the Premier League under the current England manager. With a squad full of Internationals and a healthy, balanced business.

I moan about being bottom of the Championship, impending relegation, downsizing across all areas of the club, 100 million debt, the lack of a functioning board, 15 thousand missing supporters and the lasting stupidity of our owners and their cronies. With a collection of loanees, freebies and wannabees and a business waxing fortunes.

I am pleased you have matured BB and now embrace club events so rationally. You got what you wanted and can now enjoy the pass and move football and pretty little triangles so fair play to you. For the rest of us, the deleterious impact on the club fostered by the ridiculous decision making of the owners doesn't impress very much.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:03 pm

I'll buy you a whistle

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:36 pm

May as well get a dog whistle for all the good it'll do.

I wouldn't be surprised if all this crap; snowballs, protests, chickens, has actually prolonged Venky's ownership. They're probably just keeping hold of us just to prove they won't bow to pressure tactics.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:30 pm

onlyonejackwalker wrote:
You guys moaned constantly like a bitchy child about ball retention stats and the manner in which we propelled the ball forward whilst comfortably mid-table in the Premier League under the current England manager. With a squad full of Internationals and a healthy, balanced business.
Comfortably mid table? What fanstasy were you living in back then? Healthy balanced business? How, given we were a massive selling club, but had started making terrible purchases such as Kalinic and Chimbonda, with owners desperately wanting to sell and invest nothing in the club?

Cracking opening performance by that England manager, though, eh?

fifteen thousand missing supporters? Fantasy, pure fantasy.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:19 am

You should know by now that O1JW doesn't deal in pesky facts. ;) Didn't the Trust write off somewhere around £100m of an interest-free loan to the club prior to the takeover? Ah yes. Still, it must be bad if Indians finance the club in the same way... :yeahright:

onlyonejackwalker
Regular international

Post by onlyonejackwalker » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:51 am

Ethiaa wrote:I'll buy you a whistle
Perhaps you should and then dance to my tunes. As you yourself confidently proclaimed at least the owners 'have got their first major business decision correct' when sacking Allardyce. All else follows naturally from there. Including whistles.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:55 am

Sacking Allardyce is always a correct decision.

onlyonejackwalker
Regular international

Post by onlyonejackwalker » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:03 am

Rover the Top wrote:You should know by now that O1JW doesn't deal in pesky facts. ;) Didn't the Trust write off somewhere around £100m of an interest-free loan to the club prior to the takeover? Ah yes. Still, it must be bad if Indians finance the club in the same way... :yeahright:
I know you watched us in the PL under the Trust. Now you watch us prop up everyone else in the Championship under the Venkys. Facts eh?

If your suggesting the current owners are to also write off their self inflicted debt then that would be pleasing. I am not privy to that information so cannot comment.

I really don't care how the owners wish to finance their business. Being Indians has nothing to do with my view either before that pathetic card gets played again at me.

I simply care about our league position, standing and long term sustainability. None of which is encouraging or pleasing to many Rovers fans at this moment in time. The blue sky thinking without substance on here is quaint but at what point are you going to acknowledge we are skint, in trouble and not very good?

onlyonejackwalker
Regular international

Post by onlyonejackwalker » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:03 am

mrblackbat wrote:Sacking Allardyce is always a correct decision.
Very good point, very well made.