Supporter Consultation Meetings

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:07 am

Glad you agree. ;)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:31 am

onlyonejackwalker wrote: what point are you going to acknowledge we are skint, in trouble and not very good?
I acknowledged it long ago. We were in an unsustainable position without a takeover, the previous owners couldn't afford to fund the club and had cut off the loans, every summer we were selling off our best players to keep the club running with little to invest in new players. We'd spent most of the previous two seasons just about keeping our heads above relegation, and had started the 10/11 season in the same way. This nostalgic view that we were a stable, well-run club until Venky's came along is a myth. The Trust would have no reason to sell if that were the case. We were already teetering on the edge, and you only have to look at Bolton to see how it would have worked out.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:32 am

Would sack him again tomorrow. Hell, I wouldn't wait that long.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:35 am

Besides, from his press release, sounds like Rooney is actually the manager anyway, so might as well save on the salary. ;)

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:20 pm

On topic...
Lynsey Talbot wrote:We have now met as a group to put the structure detailed below in place:

As per EFL Guidance the club will hold these meetings twice per year, usually September and March. We had advised that the first meeting would take place on 5th October, however, in order to facilitate some of the requests we have moved this date to Thursday, 29th September at 6pm.

All groups invited to the initial meeting will be offered 5 places. In order to provide consistency throughout the meetings we would ask that two members of each group attend on a permanently recurring basis.

The Meetings will take place in the Red Rose Suite with a Panel attending from the club. The panel members may change from time to time in order to facilitate the relevant agenda items, however, we can commit to offering a selection of the Board and/or Owner representatives on each occasion alongside the Team Manager.

Lynsey Talbot will send an email to all groups asking for their Agenda topics 14 days in advance of the meeting. We would ask that these are submitted, along with names of those attending, by close of business the Friday before the meeting. For example, the deadline for the September meeting will be 5pm, Friday, 23rd September. This will then allow the panel sufficient time to look into the agenda items and offer as many answers to supporters as is practicably possible at that time.

Minutes will be taken at the meetings and will be forwarded to groups for distribution within 3 working days.

The club will invite up to 10 additional guests to the meeting who do not necessarily belong to any of the supporter groups but who the club feel may have a valuable contribution to make. This could include members of the local council/government, business persons or supporters. This will be on a discretionary basis.
If you want to come, let me know. As always, happy to raise points if you have them. IMHO, given the likely attendance, the Fans Forum is probably the best place to engage in actual discussion with the club so I'd prefer to have my points taken there.

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:54 pm

My question, is there enough financing (i.e. coming from matchday income, transfers) this year to inject more money (as you have described Ethiaa) than the allowed amount this upcoming winter transfer window?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:49 am

I remember reading that we were going to be 7 million worse off this season due to the cessation of parachute payments - that and the impact of boycotters will probably mean thay most transfer income will be accounted for already.
Last edited by Gibbon on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:57 am

Yeah, you can make an educated guess already. You'd have to wait for the accounts for specifics.

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:05 am

I was wondering what they are projecting as far as budget this year? Like, do they have a someone somewhere that has this year's operating losses mapped out - i.e. salaries, running costs, youth team, any other things like fancy pens? Are they planning for a 17 million loss again because that's the way business is?

I just want to know, if they have figures they are willing to tell, if the club will be taking a massive loss or have they balanced the books a bit better?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:25 am

Thorisgodpoo wrote:I was wondering what they are projecting as far as budget this year? Like, do they have a someone somewhere that has this year's operating losses mapped out - i.e. salaries, running costs, youth team, any other things like fancy pens? Are they planning for a 17 million loss again because that's the way business is?

I just want to know, if they have figures they are willing to tell, if the club will be taking a massive loss or have they balanced the books a bit better?
Can you think of other privately owned companies that detail their budget so publicly? Do you not think there's a good reason to keep such information secret?

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:14 am

Let's face it... We only care about the football side of these things which they can divulge should they choose without compromising themselves commercially.

Eth has very kindly extended this invitation to the forum (I'm guessing his participation is due to the fans forum rather than this small corner of the internet), but it doesn't work if his friends try to shoot down every suggestion they don't agree with.

Personally the only thing if be interested to learn would be the club's plans on attendance... Ticket prices are already low and while they could I guess be lower I would suggest that they aren't the reason fans aren't going. Save a massive upturn in results I wonder what else they are planning. Before we start talking about a "lost generation" of fans.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:20 am

We're seen as a "supporters group" it turns out - possibly because many people here aren't foaming at the mouth which rather differentiates us.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:28 am

How do you know I'm not foaming at the mouth? Foamist!

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:31 am

Yes. Yes I am.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:49 am

:lol:

Who knew we were so important?