Thanks for Shane Duffy.Money well spent methinks

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Thanks for Shane Duffy.Money well spent methinks

Post by mcteeth » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:28 pm

caskey wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:08 pm
I see Hanley is back in the Championship despite you lot thinking he was better than Duffy and costing more ?

Don't always believe what is said on internet football forums should be a golden rule. Duffy has been an outstanding signing for us. He will be a regular along side Dunk In the Premier league this season.

Oh and he has just got his first goal for the ROI

Cheers Rovers
:lol:

I think you should be more concerned with the fact that you didn't buy a striker this summer and your inability to score enough goals this season, oh and your probably not good enough goalkeepers.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:46 pm

Duffy's a decent player with a huge question mark over his moral fibre - if all those own goals were anything to go by.

Good luck when he gets itchy feet.

yankfan
Promising youngster

Post by yankfan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:55 pm

mcteeth wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:28 pm
caskey wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:08 pm
I see Hanley is back in the Championship despite you lot thinking he was better than Duffy and costing more ?

Don't always believe what is said on internet football forums should be a golden rule. Duffy has been an outstanding signing for us. He will be a regular along side Dunk In the Premier league this season.

Oh and he has just got his first goal for the ROI

Cheers Rovers
:lol:

I think you should be more concerned with the fact that you didn't buy a striker this summer and your inability to score enough goals this season, oh and your probably not good enough goalkeepers.
You can always put Duffy up front. Seemed to have no problem banging them in our own net on his way out the door.

the growlery
New signing

Post by the growlery » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:36 pm

I'd sooner have a fit Charlie Mulgrew than either Hanley or Duffy.

caskey
New signing

Post by caskey » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm

The man is a beast. He was superb against the Taffs last night. Easily a 15 million pound player. Looks comfortable in the Premier league. Him and Dunk!!!!! what a pairing. Both 6'4 and class. Confident we will stay up. :hyper:

Cjnewton82
Promising youngster

Post by Cjnewton82 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:57 am

caskey wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm
The man is a beast. He was superb against the Taffs last night. Easily a 15 million pound player. Looks comfortable in the Premier league. Him and Dunk!!!!! what a pairing. Both 6'4 and class. Confident we will stay up. :hyper:
Okay a real voice of reason here I'm at Blackburn Rovers fans have been all my life however for the past three years I've also been to Brighton and Hove Albion season ticket holder. So I think it's safe to say I can give an un biased opinion.

Duffy is a good player nothing more dunk makes him look better than he is. Duffy does most of the basics right
Old school centre back heads everything away kicks everything up in the air. However his positioning at times is poor and he's on the ball work is horrendous he lacks pace if you get pulled into the wider areas he gets roasted.
As for £15 million pricetag not a chance 7 million at best Maybe 15,000,000 to some stupid Chinese team that wont the luck of the Irish ! Or think that buying a bloody leprechaun.

Lastly it is highly unlikely that Brighton will stay in the Premier League this year some very pretty passing round but lacking in penetration lacking in pace and power upfront we only have one striker tom H. Ryan the new goalkeeper is poor and crosses poor kicking good shot stopper however will lose as more points than he gain.
Also the squad simply isn't big enough when Christmas kicks in and there's 2-3 games a week if we pick up injuries not a chance.
But just as a final message I hope I'm wrong I hope Brighton stay up and I hope the Rovers win the league

And all the funny side note, Shane Duffy song at Brighton is

"Ain't nobody like Shane Duffy makes me happy when skies are grey ain't nobody like Shane Duffy makes me happy when skies are grey". (And repeat)

Anyway I'm off to the Amex in a minute to watch the Everton game.