Is it time for owen to go??? Well he's gone

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Roboboyo
New signing

Is it time for owen to go??? Well he's gone

Post by Roboboyo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:12 am

Lads

Leauge 1 seems to be our destination at the moment, we just cant seem to get a run going!!!!!!

is it time for a new man at the helm????

it seems like its not working out for coyle!!!!

would pardew be intrested??? (over optimistic)

yankfan
Promising youngster

Re: Is it time for owen to go???

Post by yankfan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:01 am

Roboboyo wrote:Lads

Leauge 1 seems to be our destination at the moment, we just cant seem to get a run going!!!!!!

is it time for a new man at the helm????

it seems like its not working out for coyle!!!!

would pardew be intrested??? (over optimistic)
It's difficult to blame Coyle. It would be challenging for any manager to put a stamp on the team during that time. Especially a manager for a club that has little going for it. We should have kept GB. I'll ask the same question, who would actually be next? It's not like there's a line of managers looking to Captain a sinking ship. No money, dwindling fan support, management issues, and owners willing to sack a manager after 6 months of running another's players out there.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:47 am

I don't see how a new manager is going to solve our injury and financial issues.

We made a bed for ourselves when we ditched Bowyer. I actually think we'd do better going down and rebuilding under Coyle than having yet another manager now. Though obviously I'd prefer to just stay up.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:42 am

Getting rid of Coyle now, changing the manager AGAIN, would be very silly after only half a season.
He needs a bit of backing in the transfer window, a bit of support for the team, and a bit more luck with injuries.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:11 pm

I don't like seeing us sack managers but I do think he needs to go. I think it wasn't the wisest appointment at the time given other candidates in the process but was prepared to see what he has to offer.

The only positives really have been some good transfer business and that we're able to attack and score goals relatively effectively.

My biggest issue is how wedded he is to the 4-4-2 system and we don't seem to have a plan B. His time a Bolton by the end, at Wigan and Houston feel much like his time here, conceding too many goals and losing too often. I don't think we'll see the St Johnstone or Burnley Coyle personally and this is now a 4th club in a row he had been unimpressive. Defensively and off the ball we look tactically naive and disorganised. There is a horrible fragility and inevitability that we'll concede first and too many in any game now and he isn't doing anything to stop it. If I had the injuries we have had and poor form I'd sacrifice a striker and get extra cover in midfield and at least just try to arrest the goals conceded for a half or an hour. The one thing I wouldn't do is keep playing a more expassive system that leaves us too exposed with a faulting and constantly changing defence.

Ultimately we should have stuck with Bowyer in hindsight. But even under Lambert certainly after the bad spell I felt that we look a fit, aggressive team that weren't easy to beat. Huddersfield will know our weaknesses and will come at us in the first 20 minutes and I'm so certain we'll go behind and again probably lose. Even if we do get ahead we're equally incapable of holding onto it.

Well i think what I would do is speak to Rowett's people and see if he is interested in coming to Rovers. If he was then you'd consider making what would seem like a positive change.

rovertilidie
Promising youngster

Post by rovertilidie » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Don't see the point unless Klopp has agreed to be manager.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:02 pm

I say no. It can't always be the manager. Rovers have been on the slide season after season. Got hardly any players worth selling now. Literally nothing. For me get a keeper in and CB and CM. That would do it for me. Going forward we are fine. We just need a stronger spine.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:56 pm

mrblackbat wrote:I don't see how a new manager is going to solve our injury and financial issues.

We made a bed for ourselves when we ditched Bowyer. I actually think we'd do better going down and rebuilding under Coyle than having yet another manager now. Though obviously I'd prefer to just stay up.
I remember you and your brother saying the same just be we got relegated from prem. Would be better for us to get relegated and rebuild. Not really gone to plan.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Was the alternative sacking people over and over until instant success?

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:45 pm

The question is irrelevant. Venky's will decide if and when to change the manager. Since when have they listened to anyone. They had twenty thousand Rovers fans demanding the sacking of Steve Kean and didn't listen. The silence is deafening now from all the empty seats down at Ewood park on match day.

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:50 pm

I just find it hard to support him. He has made a couple good signings with Mulgrew permanently, a couple loan signings, and a couple positve results. We do need to back him in this window just to see if he knows where the issues lay.

But this Liam Feeney business needs to stop, he is really terrible.

yankfan
Promising youngster

Post by yankfan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:03 pm

I by no means think OC is a great manager, but in all honesty he is the sort of Gaffer we are going to get under our current ownership. Who would wan this job that is better? Our best bet to get a better manager is for Swans to sack Bradley and for us to swoop him up. Simply being American with someone elses shite sqaud is going to get him sacked. He's not great by any means, but he is probably the best we could hope for. :doh:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:55 pm

Darth Rover wrote:The question is irrelevant. Venky's will decide if and when to change the manager. Since when have they listened to anyone. They had twenty thousand Rovers fans demanding the sacking of Steve Kean and didn't listen. The silence is deafening now from all the empty seats down at Ewood park on match day.
The 20 thousand rovers fans were mostly idiots driven by mob mentality.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:59 pm

thehatts wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:I don't see how a new manager is going to solve our injury and financial issues.

I remember you and your brother saying the same just be we got relegated from prem. Would be better for us to get relegated and rebuild. Not really gone to plan.
It started fine just after the relegation; we were flying high, but then decided to sack our manager due to fan pressure.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:16 am

Part of my reasoning is also due to the fans. I don't think sections of our vocal fans should dictate the direction of the club but sadly given the scenes at Barnsley it's now started will only get more toxic. It's bad for everyone especially the team.

Those fans will always hate Venky's but under Bowyer I felt there was unity and it was the same with Lambert. Under Coyle that's not been there from the start and isn't going to materialise. I've never vocally chanted against a manager and never would but I have no belief that Coyle is going to now improve us and take us forward on the pitch.

I don't understand the notion of now going down again to rebuild. That doesn't make any sense to me. We need to strengthen in defence and midfield with a couple of players. But mainly dig out a performance and get out of this rut of conceding and losing so easily.

Any manager with half a brain would change our system pack out the midfield and sit deep and tight to at least get a foothold in a game given our run of conceding and losing. If we walk into the Huddersfield game and do the same as before I just can't level with what seems quite a stupid plan.