Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Does Bowyer come back with a bang?

Big bang in my tangerine dream
2
22%
Depends on bang to buck ratio
0
No votes
Whoop of Gibbons banging drums
1
11%
I like clanging and banging my Nordic bakeware
5
56%
I can't hear the bangs over the noise of the joint protest
1
11%
I banged my head slipping on a banana skin
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 9

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13936
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Absolutely disgraceful winning by two goals and keeping a clean sheet. I'd only have been happy with a 10 : -4 result.

User avatar
Gaz
Valued squad member
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by Gaz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:18 pm

The reply of someone who doesn't go to the games. Great fan :doh:

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13936
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:33 pm

No, I don't go to games cause its not really practical to do so. Used to have a season ticket, of course, when I lived close by.

And to be honest, I don't miss sitting with a bunch of moaning wankers.

User avatar
Gaz
Valued squad member
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by Gaz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Says the guy who moans about us signing Danny Graham....double standards :doh:

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 pm
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by WacoRover » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:24 pm

Gaz, you are right; but victories are few & far between, so I savor every one.

We're not gonna do much more than hope to stay up in the Championship, but still very much alive in a Cup competition. Glass half-full, perhaps, but so be it.

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 pm
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by WacoRover » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Just glad we aren't Liverpool, Newcastle, or Southamptons fans today, lol

User avatar
Darth Rover
Ageing international
Posts: 3745
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 6:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by Darth Rover » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:52 pm

A win is always welcome but half an eye on the Burton win at QPR as spoiled the day a bit. Hope we get Oxford or Lincoln at home in the next round. I've a feeling we will get Wolves though.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13936
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Gaz wrote:Says the guy who moans about us signing Danny Graham....double standards :doh:
Another person who missed the point. Amazing how thick people are round here sometimes.....

User avatar
Gaz
Valued squad member
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by Gaz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:59 pm

Wow, keep the insults coming pal. Thick and moaning wanker...what's next?...

Here's one from me....get yourself down to fucking Ewood and support your team, instead of hiding behind your keyboard....

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:11 pm

Glad you go to the matches, but how about the 24 hour rule being in effect for winning a match with a clean sheet?

Could we have scored more? Sure. Should we have scored more? Not really. Rovers won 2-0 and got a clean sheet, got to see Mahoney come on, and give Guthrie some game time to get back to fitness.

There are negatives with any win. But as far as I am concerned, Rovers got an extra boost in funding by winning in a cup match and moving on to the fifth round.

A win is a win, and will improve confidence, regardless of the opponent.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13936
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:13 pm

Nah, can't be arsed; too many dickheads about the place and frankly, I've lost interest.

If you can't fathom the point that moaning about winning is moronic, or that we could have searched in the free transfer market, or that I in fact didn't moan about signing Graham, just think that the idol status he's been given shows how far we've fallen, then you also fall into the categories mentioned.

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 pm
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by WacoRover » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:15 pm

Amen, Thor!
I always figured those who show up at the games have the right to moan.

I understand about living a long way from Ewood, but I still don't understand those who think them not going in Ewood will somehow help the team. They gonna make the Rao's sell? No way. It just looks like a bunch of sulky, whiny, entitled titty-babies, growling about the owners, who by the way pay to keep the team viable & running.

Show up, be loud & proud. Help the team look healthy to potential buyers. Let the players know they play for more than a paycheck.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13936
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:52 pm

WacoRover wrote:Amen, Thor!
I always figured those who show up at the games have the right to moan.

I understand about living a long way from Ewood, but I still don't understand those who think them not going in Ewood will somehow help the team. They gonna make the Rao's sell? No way. It just looks like a bunch of sulky, whiny, entitled titty-babies, growling about the owners, who by the way pay to keep the team viable & running.

Show up, be loud & proud. Help the team look healthy to potential buyers. Let the players know they play for more than a paycheck.
Flying over every week then? ;)

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:53 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
WacoRover wrote:Amen, Thor!
I always figured those who show up at the games have the right to moan.

I understand about living a long way from Ewood, but I still don't understand those who think them not going in Ewood will somehow help the team. They gonna make the Rao's sell? No way. It just looks like a bunch of sulky, whiny, entitled titty-babies, growling about the owners, who by the way pay to keep the team viable & running.

Show up, be loud & proud. Help the team look healthy to potential buyers. Let the players know they play for more than a paycheck.
Flying over every week then? ;)
Want to pay for the round trip?

User avatar
Gaz
Valued squad member
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Rovers v Blackpool, Sat 28th January 2017, 3.00pm

Post by Gaz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Let's just get 1 thing straight. I'm delighted with the win and looking forward to a good draw in the next round. That however doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and pretend that was a fucking brilliant performance. It was far from it. I hope we're significantly better on Wednesday against a Leeds team pushing for promotion.

Post Reply