Blackburn/Leeds, February 1st.

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Leeds are...

...a rabble
33%
...what all roads do in relation to Rome
No votes
...something you use to stop Kestrels escaping
22%
22%
...all we have in the case of the missing Igor Tudor
22%

Total votes: 9

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re: Blackburn/Leeds, February 1st.

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Plenty of teams have bounced back after finding the right set of young players who want to play for a club. Looks at us last time we were down. Look at the likes of Southampton.

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:51 pm

Ethiaa wrote:That's football. This stuff happens to teams all the time :shrug:
Yeah, it does, but that is not cause for celebration when it happens to our team.

I can only hope our academy players are developing on the fast-track. Thats the deal, if they are any good, they know they have a chance to play for Blackburn Rovers.

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:59 pm

mrblackbat wrote:Plenty of teams have bounced back after finding the right set of young players who want to play for a club. Looks at us last time we were down. Look at the likes of Southampton.
I understand your point. Bournemouth is another great example (& I would even admit Burnley)...Its a great point, IF it is perceived the team has strong, vibrant leadership, & football people who know what they're doing, & are in the process of moving up. I don't know if that is currently the case at Blackburn Rovers.

RoverSteve
Promising youngster

Post by RoverSteve » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:14 am

I could certainly see the potential for a positives coming about if the worst were to happen and we are relegated.

You need to spend in the championship now, its no coincidence that the teams that are successful this year are in possession of squads that are worth quite a bit more than ours.

The days of getting by with some inspired loan signings are well and truly gone, and as a prospect for a player wanting to get first team football, we've not shown the best track record when it comes to featuring loan signings (samuelsen, hendrie, byrne, mo barrow)

if we we're to go down, and could keep a couple of our better players, we do have a decent group of young players, and that we own them stands us in good stead.

but in a "win a game/lose a game" league, i refuse to concede that we're fucked. win against qpr and a win at rotherham and we can well back in there.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:49 am

WacoRover wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Plenty of teams have bounced back after finding the right set of young players who want to play for a club. Looks at us last time we were down. Look at the likes of Southampton.
I understand your point. Bournemouth is another great example (& I would even admit Burnley)...Its a great point, IF it is perceived the team has strong, vibrant leadership, & football people who know what they're doing, & are in the process of moving up. I don't know if that is currently the case at Blackburn Rovers.
I disagree with the latter completely. More down to just finding the right players and striking lucky with a few.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:53 am

RoverSteve wrote:we've not shown the best track record when it comes to featuring loan signings (samuelsen, hendrie, byrne, mo barrow)
I dunno; Hoban, Emnes and Gallagher have been excellent and with any set of signings I always think that you're lucky if you get a 50% success rate. The juries out on João of course, but I think he could be a decent aquisition too.

Plus we have a good recent history of giving loans a platform - Cairney, Gestede, Lawrence, Steele, Baptiste, Tunnicliffe, Graham, Keane.

RoverSteve
Promising youngster

Post by RoverSteve » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:25 pm

Gibbon wrote:
RoverSteve wrote:we've not shown the best track record when it comes to featuring loan signings (samuelsen, hendrie, byrne, mo barrow)
I dunno; Hoban, Emnes and Gallagher have been excellent and with any set of signings I always think that you're lucky if you get a 50% success rate. The juries out on João of course, but I think he could be a decent aquisition too.

Plus we have a good recent history of giving loans a platform - Cairney, Gestede, Lawrence, Steele, Baptiste, Tunnicliffe, Graham, Keane.
You're right, criticism partially rescinded :D

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Todd Kane - 41 games. And the lad is STILL out on loan from Chelsea too.