Blackburn/Leeds, February 1st.

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Leeds are...

...a rabble
33%
...what all roads do in relation to Rome
No votes
...something you use to stop Kestrels escaping
22%
22%
...all we have in the case of the missing Igor Tudor
22%

Total votes: 9

thehatts
Ageing international

Re: Blackburn/Leeds, February 1st.

Post by thehatts » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:53 pm

WacoRover wrote:
thehatts wrote:
Darth Rover wrote:Coyle will say its bad luck but there is a good reason we are second from bottom. We cannot defend. This has been known for a while and was ignored during the transfer window.
I thought it was obvious but some seem to think we have enough quality defenders to see us stay up. I have not seen those defenders all season. Got to win at least 2 of our next 3. They are against teams down there with us. 3 cup finals. Win them we stay up. Lose and I'm saying we are down.
You are right, Wins are imperative; its getting to where 1 pointers don't mean anything.
Forgot we have shef wed before Burton game.

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Very harsh on us tonight, but once again an individual mistake has cost us. A point tonight would have been decent if followed up by 3 at the weekend.

We actually defended well all game (apart from the second goal) and looked comfortable. Leeds scored a very goal first goal but their second is just basic. That has happened too often this season and is exactly why we find ourselves where we do.

Saturday is huge for us....

Texrover
New signing

Post by Texrover » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:11 pm

With every game it becomes inevitable that we are down. By all accounts we didn't play too bad tonight and still fell to the sucker punch. But when ur out of luck ur out of luck. We have looked like relegation fodder all season and I have seen enough relegated teams in my forty years of watching football to realise we are not going to pull this round. The players can huff and puff all they like, the games up. Us Roth and Burton will detach ourselves from the rest by close of play Saturday and then it's done. No runs of good results, no miracle signings and Deffo no luck. RIP BRFC. Get ready for third division obscurity, which is where I started to watch this club in the first place. Welcome home!

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:44 am

Texrover wrote:With every game it becomes inevitable that we are down. By all accounts we didn't play too bad tonight and still fell to the sucker punch. But when ur out of luck ur out of luck. We have looked like relegation fodder all season and I have seen enough relegated teams in my forty years of watching football to realise we are not going to pull this round. The players can huff and puff all they like, the games up. Us Roth and Burton will detach ourselves from the rest by close of play Saturday and then it's done. No runs of good results, no miracle signings and Deffo no luck. RIP BRFC. Get ready for third division obscurity, which is where I started to watch this club in the first place. Welcome home!
You write from the heart. I enjoy reading it, even if your prophetic pen is 100% on point, & the end result is not favorable to our cause.

This Saturday is the most important game of the season. Maybe several seasons. But, even if Rovers pull it out, & even the Rotherham game, I am afraid it just postpones the inevitable by a week or two.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:31 am

Hoban and Mulgrew should make a good pairing given a chance. We'll have to hope they both get fit/stay fit.

RoverSteve
Promising youngster

Post by RoverSteve » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:22 am

WacoRover wrote:
Texrover wrote:With every game it becomes inevitable that we are down. By all accounts we didn't play too bad tonight and still fell to the sucker punch. But when ur out of luck ur out of luck. We have looked like relegation fodder all season and I have seen enough relegated teams in my forty years of watching football to realise we are not going to pull this round. The players can huff and puff all they like, the games up. Us Roth and Burton will detach ourselves from the rest by close of play Saturday and then it's done. No runs of good results, no miracle signings and Deffo no luck. RIP BRFC. Get ready for third division obscurity, which is where I started to watch this club in the first place. Welcome home!
You write from the heart. I enjoy reading it, even if your prophetic pen is 100% on point, & the end result is not favorable to our cause.

This Saturday is the most important game of the season. Maybe several seasons. But, even if Rovers pull it out, & even the Rotherham game, I am afraid it just postpones the inevitable by a week or two.
Nah. We're not cooked yet. I'll be the first to admit its not looking great, and I DO subscribe to the belief that QPR is a must win, but I think 50 points or more might be enough to keep us up and there are winnable games to come. (Rotherham, Burton, Wigan, Cardiff, Forest just to name a few) If we fans believe the game is up, that'll be felt on the pitch, especially when so many of our players are on loan and could be forgiven for not putting our situation at the front of their minds.

Chin Up and Fight!

Texrover
New signing

Post by Texrover » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:19 am

Will try to keep chin up by propping it with a stick.

Would love nothing more than to be proved completely wrong.

In the words of Natalie Imbruglia - "I am all out of faith, this is how I feel" (Torn 1997)

Fingers crossed for Saturday!

anotherrover
New signing

Post by anotherrover » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:37 am

Texrover wrote:Will try to keep chin up by propping it with a stick.

In the words of Natalie Imbruglia - "I am all out of faith, this is how I feel" (Torn 1997)

You know we're in trouble when people quote Natalie Imbruglia! :lol:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:49 am

anotherrover wrote:
Texrover wrote:Will try to keep chin up by propping it with a stick.

You know we're in trouble when people quote Natalie Imbruglia! :lol:
But are really quoting Natalie Imbruglia quoting Ednaswap.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1SH1YdITDI[/youtube]

Texrover
New signing

Post by Texrover » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Well thats me educated on Nineties music!

WacoRover

Post by WacoRover » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:00 pm

Roversteve,
Since I live "across the big pond", my negative waves probably won't be felt at Ewood Park.

But your point about so many of our players being transfers is a good one. I can't see this team climbing out of the cellar with so many guys who are temporary, loaners, etc. it can't be helped, I guess.

These next two games are huge; at least 4 points are needed, & that may not be enough to get us out of the Rz. But what is the hope for next season, personnel-wise?! More of the same? When can Rovers actually go out & get more/better players?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:11 pm

When we pay off 100 million quid's worth of debt through some "legitimate" means decided arbitrarily by the league. And then start making a profit from those same means. Which, as far as I can tell, are player sales, gates and TV revenue.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:20 pm

We don't need to pay the debt off - we could run with our current debt forever* as long as we generate sufficient income over the 3 year period in which we are assessed to stop us losing more than £13 million a season (assuming ongoing cash injections from the owners - it's only £5 million a season without). As Mafoo says, you basically need to flog players, get TV revenue, sell merchandise and get people through the gates. That's one of the reasons why boycotting matches is counterproductive on so many levels. If you can't do that then you'll always be on a limited budget - see, it's perfectly fair :D

*until someone decides to make being in debt a reason to penalise you too

WacoRover

Post by WacoRover » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:45 pm

Rovers don't make money on a 10,000 gate, on the average.

Ethiaa is right; fans staying away is a killer. Potential investors don't have to look at things very long, to say they want no part of Blackburn Rovers. Financially, its a unhealthy situation. Nobody is going to pay off 100 mil debt, on top of buying a League 1 team. And there's no guarantee the fans would like any new owners any better than they like the present ones.

Putting it as politely as I can, we're screwed.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:11 pm

That's football. This stuff happens to teams all the time :shrug: