Rotherham v Rovers, Saturday 11th February 2017, 3pm

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

No kestrels were hurt in making this poll.

We should play the children in front of the demotion disaster
25%
Out of the now Coyle!
25%
Our unbeaten record will continue to romp in Rotherham
13%
Arable agriculture and Scandinavian bakeware is located in the future
38%

Total votes: 8

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Re: Rotherham v Rovers, Saturday 11th February 2017, 3pm

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:25 pm

I would be angrier if we didn't get the draw. I think the silver lining is that we still scavenged a point while Burton, Wigan, and QPR lost, and Bristol City blew a lead to draw.

There is 16 matches left in the season, if Rovers can manage 20 points off of them, I think we should be fine. 15 would be the minimum I believe, with the way other clubs are mucking about.

A win today would have been massive boost in confidence. Not only getting out of relegation, but a win against bottom feeders is always a morale booster. But we drew, got some favorable results outside of this, and we should take what we get at this point.

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Darth Rover wrote:It has to be said unfortunately. Rovers continuing failure is not the fault of the players or the manager. As so long as Rovers are under the stewardship of Venky's no progress will be made. Instead there will be this steady slide down the league. The most positive thing that could happen now to Rovers would be if Venky's put the club up for sale. I do not atone any derogatory remarks or protests against the owners. I respect many other supporters disagree with me but i just cannot see any good coming from Venky's continued so called backing of BRFC. I understand that no party maybe willing to take on struggling championship club but at the same time just where are we heading under Venky's. Enough is enough and they need to call it a day and let hopefuly someone else have a go.
Darth, I value your opinion, & I think your remarks are right-on.

They have poured the money in, but seem detached emotionally. Absentee owners. It can't be much fun for them, either, owning a white elephant.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:29 pm

WacoRover wrote:
Darth Rover wrote:It has to be said unfortunately. Rovers continuing failure is not the fault of the players or the manager. As so long as Rovers are under the stewardship of Venky's no progress will be made. Instead there will be this steady slide down the league. The most positive thing that could happen now to Rovers would be if Venky's put the club up for sale. I do not atone any derogatory remarks or protests against the owners. I respect many other supporters disagree with me but i just cannot see any good coming from Venky's continued so called backing of BRFC. I understand that no party maybe willing to take on struggling championship club but at the same time just where are we heading under Venky's. Enough is enough and they need to call it a day and let hopefuly someone else have a go.
Darth, I value your opinion, & I think your remarks are right-on.

They have poured the money in, but seem detached emotionally. Absentee owners. It can't be much fun for them, either, owning a white elephant.
Rovers are a problem of Venky's own making. There is a wide state of unpopularity with the owners that will never get any better. Why stick around is the question. Not many have any faith in them but many would applaud the decision to sell Rovers if they would just do that. I appreciate they came to Rovers with good intentions but it has gone all wrong. We all get it wrong sometimes and temptation to stick it out in hope of an improvement nearly always proves fruitless. In the case of Venky's it has been a very public humiliation for which i understand they would want to try and remedy the situation. Its gone beyond that now and it is time for them to disappear from where they came. Like i said put the club up for sale and lets hope someone out there can see a potential in Rovers. Red Bull recently put a bid in for West Ham. That bid of 650 million was turned down. It would cost no where near that to buy Rovers but the potential is just as big if not bigger than West Ham.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:18 pm

Yes, let's pick one of those people from the queue :lol:

WacoRover

Post by WacoRover » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Ethiaa, true, I wonder if there are potential buyers out there. The thing is, if there ARE local investors, who love the club, it would be received better by the fans than absentee owners.

You know, in spite of Rovers not being in the PL for the last 5 years, Rovers are still 10th all-time in PL points, ahead of...

...West Ham. Granted, they will pass us sometime this year and they are in a hip stadium and all that, but Blackburn Rovers could still be perceived as a "sexy" club, if we get rejuvenated leadership, & a dynamic, smart, young manager. Darth, I agree with you on potential. Its there. I hope someone can get it up.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:49 pm

How to miss the point in a post.

And for those that think it's a public humiliation for Venkys: non of their business or customers cares about Blackburn Rovers. Rovers going down affects their business not one iota. Stop thinking that matters.

rovertilidie
Promising youngster

Post by rovertilidie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:43 pm

I think Red Bull are more suited to Bristol Rovers with us a close second.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:56 pm

mrblackbat wrote:How to miss the point in a post.

And for those that think it's a public humiliation for Venkys: non of their business or customers cares about Blackburn Rovers. Rovers going down affects their business not one iota. Stop thinking that matters.
I was referring more to personal humiliation rather than there businesses suffering. You are probably right though Venky's will not feel any kind of humiliation. I stand corrected. Have they been anywhere near Blackburn in the last couple of years?...No so it is obvious they have no personal interest whatsoever. The club has cost them millions they have little chance of recouping unless they try and sell the club. Finally of course the supporters who regularly call for them to sell up are only out numbered by those supporters who have given up on a Venkys owned BRFC. Why stay...it doesn't make sense.

Al
New signing

Post by Al » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:15 am

Mr Rover Rover wrote:Why the fuck did Mahoney not start? Why the fuck did Emnes not start? Why the fuck was Akpan the first sub to come on? Why the fuck is shitty Lowe still hanging around? Why do we need 20 fucking shots to get one fucking goal against the bottom fucking side? Apologies for the 'Steve Martin in Planes, Trains and Automobiles' style rant, but I'm so furious right now. How many chances do we want to pull ourselves out of the bottom 3!!?
How come we all know this but the manager can't see it? He needs sacking before the next match.

WacoRover

Post by WacoRover » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:36 pm

And who do we hire right now? Is there someone available who would be a huge improvement over Coyle.

Rovers have done that repeatedly, it hasn't helped. I wish we had just stayed with Bowyer.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:46 pm

WacoRover wrote:And who do we hire right now? Is there someone available who would be a huge improvement over Coyle.

Rovers have done that repeatedly, it hasn't helped. I wish we had just stayed with Bowyer.
Gary Rowett and Mark Warburton to name but two Wako but replacing Coyle is not the problem. Changing managers at Rovers is like swapping deck chairs on the Titanic.

WacoRover

Post by WacoRover » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Darth Rover wrote:
WacoRover wrote:And who do we hire right now? Is there someone available who would be a huge improvement over Coyle.

Gary Rowett and Mark Warburton to name but two Wako but replacing Coyle is not the problem. Changing managers at Rovers is like swapping deck chairs on the Titanic.
Yep, you nailed it again.

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:30 pm

But we could have some really nice deck chairs!

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:18 pm

The analogy isn't quite right. It's more like paying to change deck chairs....

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:55 am

mrblackbat wrote:The analogy isn't quite right. It's more like paying to change deck chairs....
Are you suggesting the deck chairs on the Titanic were stolen?