Sheffield Wednesday/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 14

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Is Valentines Day..

a means of corporate mind control
29%
a waste of bloody time
43%
sweet and lovely
14%
how you were conceived
14%

Total votes: 7

Gibbon
Promising manager

Re: Sheffield Wednesday/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 14

Post by Gibbon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Darth Rover wrote:Cardiff have come from two down to lead Derby 3-2. But Neil Warnock is that bad a personality we can't have his sort down at Rovers can we.
*cough 3-3

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Darth Rover wrote:Cardiff have come from two down to lead Derby 3-2. But Neil Warnock is that bad a personality we can't have his sort down at Rovers can we.
*cough 3-3
3-4 :lol:

bobbyoc
Promising youngster

Post by bobbyoc » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Akpan red card

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:44 pm

Wigan winning :oops:

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:44 pm

I see Lambert and Marshall have done us a big favour......NOT!

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Kind of expected a loss, anything would have been nice to catch up to Burton.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Lets not kid ourselves. We were lucky to beat QPR. Relied on an own goal to get a point from the bottom of the league club on Saturday. Tonight we huffed and puffed but got the same result as what as been happening all season. It is wearisome listening to the optimistic BS from Coyle and Senior. We won't beat Burton playing like this. Time to change the deck chair and replace the outstanding candidate.

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:50 am

Correct.

A strong effort from this bunch simply isnt good enough. Coyle probably isn't good enough either, but I see no point to replace him now. Who out there is capable of turning our ship around, with the current cast of players?

I haven't been really discouraged until now. Todays game was the norm from Blackburn Rovers. MrBlackbat is right. Lets make the most of League 1.

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:52 am

As much crap people give Coyle for saying the obvious in press conferences, he basically says the right thing. He was given a shit sandwich because of how last season was, and we really have no other choice but to believe in him until the end of the season.

We are sitting at the edge of the abyss, so the only thing Rovers have to lose is another league down, which we have felt like that's where they are performing. So essentially nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:08 am

Thorisgodpoo wrote:As much crap people give Coyle for saying the obvious in press conferences, he basically says the right thing. He was given a shit sandwich because of how last season was, and we really have no other choice but to believe in him until the end of the season.

We are sitting at the edge of the abyss, so the only thing Rovers have to lose is another league down, which we have felt like that's where they are performing. So essentially nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Lets be honest again. Coyle wasn't given a shit sandwich it was the only shit sandwich that was on offer to him. He wanted to return from the USA because of family reasons. He was over there they were over here. Ideally he wanted a club in northwest of England. Wigan, Bolton and Burnley all knew his capabilities which left Rovers who were crying out for a man who would do anything for a job. He was the outstanding candidate in Cheston eyes because he ticked all the boxes. No money but do your best. Those in the know knew he would win only one in three at best. I don't feel sorry for Coyle. He must have known what awaited him but ignored the facts that the club is not a good career move for any manager. As for a replacement well that is Chestons job. Personally i would ask Warburton and hope he can replicate what he did at Brentford. Rowett won't come as he turned down Forest recently and they are a slightly better option than Rovers at the moment. But it isn't just a new manager we need is it.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:25 am

"Those in the know" knew whoever took the job would only win 1 in 3 at best. The problem with judging managers by win ratios is that it's a hell of a lot easier to win games with Chelsea's squad than Rotherham's. I don't have sympathy for Coyle but we've picked up a nasty habit of sacking managers for the sake of it. Our squad is awful, there wasn't the money to significantly improve it. Perhaps we should be considering if Coyle was the best out of those actually prepared to take the job, and how desperate his replacement would have to be to take on such a difficult task?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:53 am

I've not seen the highlights, were the two goals justifiably disallowed? Gallagher apparently has 12 stitches in his leg from a horrible foul that only got a yellow. Does sound like a very poor refereeing performance.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:54 am

Darth Rover wrote:But it isn't just a new manager we need is it.
Nope, our players are pretty rubbish, and from what I see, don't really want to play for the team.

bobbyoc
Promising youngster

Post by bobbyoc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:03 am

I supported Coyle, as I supported all our managers, Big Sam, Appleton, even that clown Kean. I hate that we are becoming a sacking club.
One thing that really annoys me about Coyle is he doesnt change the formation. Constantly 4 4 2, grand we score goals this way, but we always concede more. It's clear we have defensive fragility, why not sure things up at the back? As most teams in a relegation battle tend to do. 451, 532 with wingbacks, anything to stop conceding so much.

WacoRover
Experienced international star
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:58 pm

So, any prophets here at roverstalk?

What happens if Rovers play true to form the rest of the season- we drop to League 1, where there is less revenue. Less fan support. Even a worse team next season, & less chance to get players who could actually help the squad. More freebies, loanouts, & geriatrics.

At least we have the FA Cup to look forward to...no wait, we get Manchester United this Saturday :shock: