Blackburn/ManU, FA Cup.

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

In arable farming, which is the best fertiliser for cultivating root vegetables.

Horse manure
11%
Cow manure
11%
Kestrel manure
11%
Igor Tudor Manure
22%
--------------------
22%
Manure stored in Swedish bakeware
22%

Total votes: 9

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Re: Blackburn/ManU, FA Cup.

Post by WacoRover » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Amen, yankfan! Our lads made a great try... my hats off to them.

Oh, & puke on whoever stood outside the ground today, to protest Venkys, when they could've gone inside & yelled their heads off for Blackburn Rovers.

The team gave a bunch more effort than these un-fans. They deserved a packed Ewood. Oh well, we might be League 1 bound, but today was a great showing.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Good effort, but like so many games this year, momentary lapses cost us dearly.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Yeah very much like our league form. Actually able to play relatively well, create chances and score goals against good teams. But can't keep defensive concentration and discipline for 90 minutes.

The pundits are waxing lyrical about their assists but the defending was abysmal.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:18 pm

Damn Ibrahimovic and his bakeware. :(

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:20 pm

mrblackbat wrote:Good effort, but like so many games this year, momentary lapses cost us dearly.
Exactly this, but this match was all about practice to me. They just needed to show themselves that they can put in a good performance and start an upward trend in results with performances

Hopefully this translates into the league and start to see wins and better performances.

bobbyoc
Promising youngster

Post by bobbyoc » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Very good performance. Happy to see Mahoney and Tomlinson getting a run. But again two preventable goals, maybe a little harsh about the second one. Need to play with that fight on Friday and for the rest of the season!

El Sphero
New signing

Post by El Sphero » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:25 pm

I think a lot of people (myself included) are surprised we gave them such a good game.

I can only watch the televised games so I can't really see the full picture, but could someone tell me how that compares to an average league performance (aka a loss), because based on today I feel we should be near the top of this league (or maybe I'm just underestimating the Championship).

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Has there been a sale of rose tinted spectacles? Back to reality next week people.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Right, El Sphero.

Today, was a matchup of a £225 k roster, vs ninety million or so.

No gripes with Coyle, or what our guys put out on the pitch. I agree with y'all, I hope to see this kinda intensity the rest of the season.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Also, my parent's freezer is now defrosted too.

wrinks_89
Valued squad member

Post by wrinks_89 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:59 pm

The equaliser was painful to watch; was poor from rovers there but what a fantastic game. Most of them played their hearts out. Was proud to be there today.. even while being questioned about my mancunian accent :oops: . Well done boys.

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Brilliant effort from Rovers today and a really enjoyable game. Obviously disappointed to lose but the lads can be proud tonight. We HAVE to carry that same level of performance into the rest of our season. If we do, we have a real chance of staying up.

I know I've given Lowe stick on a number of occasions this season, so it's only right for me to commend him tonight. I thought he was brilliant (as was everyone to be fair!!) Roll on Friday!!

yankfan
Promising youngster

Post by yankfan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:36 pm

mrblackbat wrote:Good effort, but like so many games this year, momentary lapses cost us dearly.
All teams have them, the good ones will punish the mistakes.

Texrover
New signing

Post by Texrover » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:13 am

Have to say I was very proud of the lads today. Emnes first half display was fantastic and quite literally had the United defence panicking every time he had the ball. Danny Grahams finish was sublime.

Yes our two goals conceded were very typical of our defence this year - but they were both created by top drawer passes - not our mistakes. The rest of the game I thought the collection of old, inexperienced, out of position and cheap buy were collectively solid - We didn't get hammered 6-0!

Charlie Mulgrew class act and Connor Mahoney is now banging on the door for a start every game (although Feeney wasn't that bad himself).

All in all a great game to watch and a special mention to Mourinho. It takes a great deal of balls and humility to applaud the opposing teams goal. Cant think I have ever seen an away manager do it. He was very gracious in after match TV interview as well. Obviously he can afford to be that nice when he has won!

And now back to the 15 cup finals as OC has called them. Pivotal moment in the history of this club over the next 2 and bit months.
My gut feeling is that we have left it too late and have that look of a relegation team about us.
My heart is always believing that we can turn it round and have some luck.

Was going to go on Friday as Burton is a short train ride away, but family stuff has intervened - Family above Rovers, what next!

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:11 am

WacoRover wrote: I agree with y'all, I hope to see this kinda intensity the rest of the season.
Just goes to show what a difference a bit of support and atmosphere makes. 23,000 people packed into Ewood making noise (OK, not all Rovers fans but the opposition still add to it).
The players could go out there with no pressure, no fear. No-one expected anything from that game before kick off, but there's always the belief that if they start well and give 100% then there's a chance that they might get a win. They weren't scared of making mistakes and weren't playing to avoid a loss, they were playing to snatch a win. A little bit of belief and positivity around the place and they played the best football we've seen in ages.