Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Locked

Mowbray is to Blackburn...

What Colonel Sanders is to chicken;
2
15%
What Charlie was to The Angels;
2
15%
What Dr. Frankenstein was to his creation;
4
31%
What Babe Ruth was to the NY Yankees;
0
No votes
What Mick is to The Stones;
1
8%
What John Smith was to The Titanic.
4
31%
 
Total votes: 13

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:40 pm

You all need to get out more. This forum can't be all you are about.

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13072
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:43 pm

Depends if you see if as two thirds of your life wasted or a third of your life gained. It could of course be both.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13936
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:48 pm

thehatts wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Because it was a point gained. Whether you think it feels like it was or not bears no impact on the fact we gained a point.

Apply your logic further and no team ever gains any points, just drop 2 or 3 if they draw or lose respectively. Which is clearly bonkers.
No point gained. Just 2 dropped. Only joking. Jesus you must of been bored yesterday to poke holes in it from the start. Nice to see the old gang sticking together again as per usual. Yes we got a point but it now feels like 2 dropped. Bristol city did better than us this weekend. It's not like you didn't understand that from what I put at the start.
If you're taking it that way, we did better than Bristol City cause we beat Newcastle, twice, and they could only draw. :shrug:

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Ethiaa wrote:Depends if you see if as two thirds of your life wasted or a third of your life gained. It could of course be both.
You are wasting your life.

The more I read MrB initial comment it's completely out of context. I posted it when Bristol were 2 nil up. Therefore on for 3 points. My comment makes the comparison between our result and Bristols current score. Therefore MRb comment makes sense as a single comment but not in response to my initial comment.

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:58 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
thehatts wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Because it was a point gained. Whether you think it feels like it was or not bears no impact on the fact we gained a point.

Apply your logic further and no team ever gains any points, just drop 2 or 3 if they draw or lose respectively. Which is clearly bonkers.
No point gained. Just 2 dropped. Only joking. Jesus you must of been bored yesterday to poke holes in it from the start. Nice to see the old gang sticking together again as per usual. Yes we got a point but it now feels like 2 dropped. Bristol city did better than us this weekend. It's not like you didn't understand that from what I put at the start.
If you're taking it that way, we did better than Bristol City cause we beat Newcastle, twice, and they could only draw. :shrug:
Now that bit I agree with what you are saying but wasn't my initial comment or what you were referring to in your first post.

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:09 pm

"Bristol city are now making our game yesterday as 2 points dropped. Need a great Newcastle comeback 2nd half".

MRB response = or 1 point gained.

My point is the response has nothing to do with the context of what I wrote. I was making a comparison between our result the day before against Burton v's Bristol city currently 2 nil up against Newcastle. :shrug:

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13072
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:43 pm

I do hope everyone else is enjoying the irony here :D

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Ethiaa wrote:I do hope everyone else is enjoying the irony here :D
You see it too. Cheers Ethiaa.

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:00 pm

Ethiaa wrote:I do hope everyone else is enjoying the irony here :D
Does this mean you can't answer my previous post. Again why does Bristol city winning 2 nil at the time mean we gained a point?! At the moment silence is golden!!!!

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:37 pm

Because math

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:Because math
But not logic

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:44 am

Actually, math is logic. So you lose 2 points there, but you gained 1.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13936
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:33 am

Been a while since hattsy has had a posting meltdown. Always sad, if funny, to see.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13936
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:33 am

Ethiaa wrote:I do hope everyone else is enjoying the irony here :D
Wasn't going to say.... ;)

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13936
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:38 am

thehatts wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:I do hope everyone else is enjoying the irony here :D
Does this mean you can't answer my previous post. Again why does Bristol city winning 2 nil at the time mean we gained a point?! At the moment silence is golden!!!!
Well your argument certainly can't stand if you think we lost two points whilst Bristol were winning and still after they'd only drawn......

Either way, Bristol City's result has absolutely no impact on th fact we gained a point. We started the weekend on 29 points amd finished it on 30 points and so gained a point. You know, by having one extra than we did previously.

Locked