Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Mowbray is to Blackburn...

What Colonel Sanders is to chicken;
2
15%
What Charlie was to The Angels;
2
15%
What Dr. Frankenstein was to his creation;
4
31%
What Babe Ruth was to the NY Yankees;
0
No votes
What Mick is to The Stones;
1
8%
What John Smith was to The Titanic.
4
31%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13002
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:42 am

The pair of you were bickering. You appear to want to draw everyone else in too. Please don't.

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:44 am

Ethiaa wrote:The pair of you were bickering. You appear to want to draw everyone else in too. Please don't.
At what point did I ask you to send your first response? I never mentioned RTT either before he responded? You both did it off your own backs.

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17073
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by Gibbon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:44 am

thehatts wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:He is no more of a troll than Matt really - just with less endurance for a pointless argument.
And less of a troll than Blackbat, Ethiaa and RTT. I posted a normal comment and you said MRB is just responding to wind me up. Therefore MRB is the troll and the fact Ethiaa and RTT back him up you are both no better than him.
Matt = Blackbat ;)

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26570
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:46 am

thehatts, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
That really was a temporary ban, then... :roll:

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:48 am

Gibbon wrote:
thehatts wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:He is no more of a troll than Matt really - just with less endurance for a pointless argument.
And less of a troll than Blackbat, Ethiaa and RTT. I posted a normal comment and you said MRB is just responding to wind me up. Therefore MRB is the troll and the fact Ethiaa and RTT back him up you are both no better than him.
Matt = Blackbat ;)
Thanks. I obviously didn't know that. Makes it even worse comparing me to that idiot. The others are just as bad for pandering to him.

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13002
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:49 am

thehatts wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:The pair of you were bickering. You appear to want to draw everyone else in too. Please don't.
At what point did I ask you to send your first response? I never mentioned RTT either before he responded? You both did it off your own backs.
Do I have to be asked to give my opinion on a discussion on my own forum now? Oh please. I'm going to walk away from this thread now as it's getting annoying. Generally though people need to grow up and get some perspective.

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:57 am

Ethiaa wrote:
thehatts wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:The pair of you were bickering. You appear to want to draw everyone else in too. Please don't.
At what point did I ask you to send your first response? I never mentioned RTT either before he responded? You both did it off your own backs.
Do I have to be asked to give my opinion on a discussion on my own forum now? Oh please. I'm going to walk away from this thread now as it's getting annoying. Generally though people need to grow up and get some perspective.
Just be fair that's all.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13755
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:29 pm

thehatts wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
thehatts wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:I do hope everyone else is enjoying the irony here :D
Does this mean you can't answer my previous post. Again why does Bristol city winning 2 nil at the time mean we gained a point?! At the moment silence is golden!!!!
Well your argument certainly can't stand if you think we lost two points whilst Bristol were winning and still after they'd only drawn......

Either way, Bristol City's result has absolutely no impact on th fact we gained a point. We started the weekend on 29 points amd finished it on 30 points and so gained a point. You know, by having one extra than we did previously.
Makes no sense your first post. How does Bristol city winning 2 nil away to Newcastle mean we gained a point. Again as a stand alone comment yes your comment makes sense. It was just the wrong response for the context of my post.
Bristol City winning has no impact on us gaining a point. Drawing at Burton has every impact on us gaining a point.

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:20 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
thehatts wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
thehatts wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:I do hope everyone else is enjoying the irony here :D
Does this mean you can't answer my previous post. Again why does Bristol city winning 2 nil at the time mean we gained a point?! At the moment silence is golden!!!!
Well your argument certainly can't stand if you think we lost two points whilst Bristol were winning and still after they'd only drawn......

Either way, Bristol City's result has absolutely no impact on th fact we gained a point. We started the weekend on 29 points amd finished it on 30 points and so gained a point. You know, by having one extra than we did previously.
Makes no sense your first post. How does Bristol city winning 2 nil away to Newcastle mean we gained a point. Again as a stand alone comment yes your comment makes sense. It was just the wrong response for the context of my post.
Bristol City winning has no impact on us gaining a point. Drawing at Burton has every impact on us gaining a point.
Yayyyyyyy you got there, finally.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13755
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:01 pm

So, you agree that we didn't drop two points then, and we gained a point? The two matches are separate events that bear no relation to each other in terms of gaining points.

We gained a point. Bristol City gained a point. At one point (aha) Bristol City were in a position to gain three points.

You argue that whilst in a position that Bristol City would gain three points, we would therefore lose two points. You then continue, after the event, to still insist that we lost two points. Your own arguments don't even stack up, yet the rest of the world, when pointing this out to you, are trolls.

I really suggest you stop using the internet; I don't think you're suited to it from a mental disposition.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26570
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Jeez, it's worse than I realised... :doh:

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:51 pm

mrblackbat wrote:So, you agree that we didn't drop two points then, and we gained a point? The two matches are separate events that bear no relation to each other in terms of gaining points.

We gained a point. Bristol City gained a point. At one point (aha) Bristol City were in a position to gain three points.

You argue that whilst in a position that Bristol City would gain three points, we would therefore lose two points. You then continue, after the event, to still insist that we lost two points. Your own arguments don't even stack up, yet the rest of the world, when pointing this out to you, are trolls.

I really suggest you stop using the internet; I don't think you're suited to it from a mental disposition.
I agree with your disagreement in reverse with turbo brakes. With golden orbs and King Arthur.

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Jeez, it's worse than I realised... :doh:
Taking it off your brother.

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13002
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:33 pm

thehatts wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:Jeez, it's worse than I realised... :doh:
Taking it off your brother.
You know that line I told you about...

Here is fair for you: play nice or don't play. Cheers.

thehatts
Ageing international
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Burton Albion/Blackburn Rovers, Feb. 24

Post by thehatts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:42 pm

Ethiaa wrote:
thehatts wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:Jeez, it's worse than I realised... :doh:
Taking it off your brother.
You know that line I told you about...

Here is fair for you: play nice or don't play. Cheers.
I was referring to his toys. Get out of the gutter. You are crossing the line there.

Locked