Rovers v Preston, Sat 18th March, 1:00pm

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

What do you press in Preston?

A button to summon a flock of angry kestrels wearing roman armour?
No votes
Your point?
No votes
Your three points?
No votes
Your two points dropped?
33%
Cider apples on your arable farm?
33%
2,240 lbs?
No votes
------------------------
No votes
Igor Tudor's shorts?
33%

Total votes: 6

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re: Rovers v Preston, Sat 18th March, 1:00pm

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Reading what you want out of what's said, buddy. As I said, twisted mind. :twisted:

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:07 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:04 pm
Reading what you want out of what's said, buddy. As I said, twisted mind. :twisted:
Twisted is actually saying it in the first place. I'm merely piecing it altogether to show you how stupid it sounds :shrug:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:12 pm

No, you're misunderstanding what I'm saying Hattsy; you're twisting what was said into something it wasn't. Jumping to conclusions, leaping over crevasses to entirely new conclusions, pulling conclusions from out of a hat like a magician and a bunny rabbit: the thought process of thehatts. :shrug:

Example of Hatts-logic:-

Normal person says "It's not the end of the world if we don't win the next game" : HattsDefinition = "I want us to lose our next game".

Warped.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:18 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:12 pm
No, you're misunderstanding what I'm saying Hattsy; you're twisting what was said into something it wasn't. Jumping to conclusions, leaping over crevasses to entirely new conclusions, pulling conclusions from out of a hat like a magician and a bunny rabbit: the thought process of thehatts. :shrug:

Example of Hatts-logic:-

Normal person says "It's not the end of the world if we don't win the next game" : HattsDefinition = "I want us to lose our next game".

Warped.
Nope fiction from you again.

What was said is it not an issue if we lose the next 2 games. I feel it is. I disagree with you. You disagree with me. End of.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:06 pm

I don't think I've actually even ventured an opinion on our next two matches. I'm just laughing at your lunacy.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Gaz wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:35 pm
After those results looks like it's 1 from 4 (Forest, Bristol, Burton and ourselves). Not sure what everyone's run in is like but our next 2 games are absolute stinkers which makes those 2 lost points even more gutting!

I remain positive and some of our play today really was very good.
The picture will change again after the next round of games. Every side is scrapping for points, a win feels like a massive result, but the advantage can be cancelled out the following week. It says a lot that we've only lost one in ten, we're top half on form, yet we haven't been able to pull out of the bottom three. Wolves have won a few on the bounce to give themselves some breathing space but could easily get sucked back in, and Birmingham and Ipswich need to arrest their slumps. The big games are going to be the ones after the next two, when we have a chance to put a dent in the hopes of other struggling sides. But we need to start winning, draws are unlikely to be enough.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:28 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:06 pm
I don't think I've actually even ventured an opinion on our next two matches. I'm just laughing at your lunacy.
That's why I said a collective. You are so stupid. You can't really be this thick. You must just be on wind up mode again :shrug:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm

thehatts wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:28 pm
mrblackbat wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:06 pm
That's why I said a collective. You are so stupid. You can't really be this thick. You must just be on wind up mode again :shrug:
thehatts wrote: What was said is it not an issue if we lose the next 2 games. I feel it is. I disagree with you. You disagree with me. End of.
Nope, there you go, reading what you want to see again. :dunce:

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:07 pm
Gaz wrote:
After those results looks like it's 1 from 4 (Forest, Bristol, Burton and ourselves). Not sure what everyone's run in is like but our next 2 games are absolute stinkers which makes those 2 lost points even more gutting!

The picture will change again after the next round of games. Every side is scrapping for points, a win feels like a massive result, but the advantage can be cancelled out the following week. It says a lot that we've only lost one in ten, we're top half on form, yet we haven't been able to pull out of the bottom three. Wolves have won a few on the bounce to give themselves some breathing space but could easily get sucked back in, and Birmingham and Ipswich need to arrest their slumps. The big games are going to be the ones after the next two, when we have a chance to put a dent in the hopes of other struggling sides. But we need to start winning, draws are unlikely to be enough.
Just getting two wins and 4 draws from the remaining matches would do it IMO. We have a good unbeaten run going right now, longest of the season for sure, and as long as we remain unbeaten, we should arrive at safety.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:11 pm

10 points would feel like enough. Whether it would be only time will tell; everyone around seems to be picking up points whilst scrapping, so probably would be close. But to suggest that two away matches against second and fifth are utterly critical for us to stay up is clearly nonsense. We could lose 'em both, and win six on the trot and finish not far out the playoffs...... Don't forget that one of those games is against Bristol too, so if we win we get 900 points or something.

Of course, just pointing that out means our dear warped friend will decide that's what I've predicted to happen or something. So let's add in the possibility that all the teams above us could be give 100 point deductions for financial irregularities and we go up as champions...... :twisted:

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:03 pm
Rover the Top wrote:
Gaz wrote:

Just getting two wins and 4 draws from the remaining matches would do it IMO. We have a good unbeaten run going right now, longest of the season for sure, and as long as we remain unbeaten, we should arrive at safety.
So when you say remain unbeaten are you including the next two games or just the final 6 games?

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:11 pm
10 points would feel like enough. Whether it would be only time will tell; everyone around seems to be picking up points whilst scrapping, so probably would be close. But to suggest that two away matches against second and fifth are utterly critical for us to stay up is clearly nonsense. We could lose 'em both, and win six on the trot and finish not far out the playoffs...... Don't forget that one of those games is against Bristol too, so if we win we get 900 points or something.

Of course, just pointing that out means our dear warped friend will decide that's what I've predicted to happen or something. So let's add in the possibility that all the teams above us could be give 100 point deductions for financial irregularities and we go up as champions...... :twisted:
Yeah I do. I think losing the next 2 games in a row whilst also currently being in the RZ could be a disaster for us. Why does that sound odd?

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:21 pm

thehatts wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:58 pm
Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:03 pm
Rover the Top wrote:
Gaz wrote:

So when you say remain unbeaten are you including the next two games or just the final 6 games?
I mean the final 8 matches in total. I'm not writing off any of the remaining matches.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:32 am

thehatts wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 pm
mrblackbat wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Yeah I do. I think losing the next 2 games in a row whilst also currently being in the RZ could be a disaster for us. Why does that sound odd?
Because they're unrealistic games to get much from. Anything from them is a bonus and there's plenty of games left to get the points we'll need to stay up from the other six games.

Now, this does not mean that i think we should "give up" for those two games or any of the other black and white nonsense you usually spout. We should go out, give them a game and anything we do get is a bonus.

But there are more than two games remaining. Losing two games you'd expect to lose at this stage of the season won't relegate us. Not picking up the points from the remaining 6 will. Realism, something you struggle with.
Last edited by mrblackbat on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:23 am

^ apart from the digs, this.