Rovers vs Gillingham Sat 30/9 - K.O 3pm

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

You know you've had it up to the Gills when...?

It takes an expanded flock of Kestrels and a reinforced golden papoose to get you to your feet!
9%
You refuse the final slice of Bundt cake and it drys out and moulds in the Nordic Bakeware lovingly bequeathed to you by Lars Bohinen!
45%
You volunteer for the role of "Christian" in Channel 5's new shock reality show "Damnatio Ad Best-ias", presented by the husk of George Best and an over excitable Arable Farmer!
18%
You snooze your alarm clock for a full season, refusing to leave your pit until the Alan Irvine vs Igor Tudor "Two out of Three Falls Texas Death Match" is uploaded to the WWE Network!
27%

Total votes: 11

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Re: Rovers vs Gillingham Sat 30/9 - K.O 3pm

Post by Darth Rover » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 pm

Rovers are one of the top teams in this league without a doubt but we are lacking that cutting edge to finish teams off. Maybe that will come when the team play together more this season but with October looming i am already looking at the January transfer window. How about a cheeky loan bid for Jordan Rhodes.

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:19 am

After reviewing the highlights, because watching it once isn't enough, Raya made a couple crucial and great saves in the match. We also were off target on a handful of great chances. I think it's a promising future, Dack is hitting it on target (albeit right at the keeper), Samuel seems to just score a goal when he wants, Antonsson is getting into a lot of great positions for a chance, and whenever Chapman comes on, it changes Rovers game plan.

Also, it was good to get Whittingham a match, he really did well and can really place a pass.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:29 am

Strangely, the performance was enough to get an increasing contingent on BRFCS clamouring for Mowbray to be sacked.

I understand we may not be tearing the league apart with total football, but WHAT. THE. FUCK? :shrug:

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:08 am

Gibbon wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:29 am
Strangely, the performance was enough to get an increasing contingent on BRFCS clamouring for Mowbray to be sacked.

I understand we may not be tearing the league apart with total football, but WHAT. THE. FUCK? :shrug:
You could argue it's the BFS conundrum. Results over style. We currently sit 6th with a game in hand. Not a bad start at all following the 2 defeats at the start of the season.

Yesterday was turgid stuff and I extend that to 4 of the 5 games at Ewood this season. Only the Rotherham game can I say we've played decent football.

The backward/sideways passes and slow build up play really does piss me off. Only when Chapman comes on do we ever look to pick up the pace.

Football fans want to be entertained on a Saturday afternoon. That was far from entertaining....

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:54 am

That's just batshit.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:08 am

Rovers fans who are not happy with Rovers current league place and not playing the likes of Gillingham off the park just need to take a look at how Shrewsbury have gone about their business. Shrewsbury's victory yesterday by 2-0 is the biggest win of the season. They have mostly relied on 1-0 and 2-1 wins but hey first in the league so they must be doing something right. We could be like Rotherham by winning three games by scoring five but i would rather win five games 1-0.

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:18 am

I think my point is being missed....

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:20 am

Gaz wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:08 am
You could argue it's the BFS conundrum. Results over style.
Is that results divided by style? :D

The BFS conundrum was Results/Style+Arrogance = ?

His greatest trick was lowering expectations to such a degree that mediocrity made him look like an expert.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:24 am

You forgot to multiply that by the concerns of financial irregularities

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:06 pm

Nothing like a bit of maths banter on a Sunday morning...

the growlery
New signing

Post by the growlery » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:18 pm

Agree with Gaz - one of the most boring matches I've ever been to. Rovers style of play is far too casual , they play as though they are three goals up- no urgency, just stroking the ball around, crossing across the field 7/8 times before launching a route one. The back passing epidemic in our midfield almost cost us the game yesterday, just luck, Raya, and poor finishing saved the day.
Our attack is so ponderous I almost wish Feeney was back, there is a distinct lack of speed in the team.
I'd give Gladwin and Nyambe a crack at the two full back positions, and why did Mowbray pull off Dack? He was more effective than than Antonsson.
One real positive this season is the improved form of Bennett- never my favourite last year he's become Rovers' most enterprising forward.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:10 pm

the growlery wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:18 pm
and why did Mowbray pull off Dack?
:shock:

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:26 pm

the growlery wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:18 pm
I'd give Gladwin and Nyambe a crack at the two full back positions
Agree on Nyambe, not on Gladwin. He barely looks a footballer let alone a left full back. No idea what has happened to Williams this year. He's gone from our player of the year to a distinctively average footballer. I would most certainly be looking at either or Hart or the young left back in the U23s.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:29 am

Nothing new. BRFCS has had a high contingent of fuckwit morons for many years. And it's a common phenomenon around all football clubs. Palace gave de Boer just 4 games, and have been as awful for another 3 games which I suppose means Hodgson has one game to save his job? Plenty of Arsenal fans want Wenger out, despite the fact he's maintained their place at the top end of the league amongst richer clubs, whilst playing exciting football. To be fair, things seem to be pretty settled at the moment, so I wouldn't put it past our dear owners wielding the axe yet again...

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:03 pm

People need to remember that our disappointing results this season have come against lower sides. They're putting men behind the ball and it's harder to play a nice game of football when the other team just sits back for 90 minutes. It was great to see us win on Saturday, i was nervous after seeing our other home results this season!