International Break

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
theadore
Inexperienced manager

International Break

Post by theadore » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 am

Obviously the worst thing in the history of the world.

I'm assuming that we seem to be without a fixture again is for a reason... but I'm not sure what makes us special and so much of the rest of the league not... any idea?

Feels like we're just making ourselves a problem further down the line... the players that we're without at the moment are surely going to be rotated anyway when we're playing 3 games a week to catch up to the rest of the league?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Re: International Break

Post by Gibbon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:39 am

We’ve got key players away on international duty which probably is the main reason.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:41 am

Last time it was three players on international duty. Mulgrew, the Canadian goalie and someone else. Evans?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:00 am

Well, Mulgrew’s worth three. ;-)

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Figures - point still stands though... not sure that doing without Mulgrew for one game is better than the first 11 being faced with 3 games in a week.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:33 pm

Not too sure if it is a problem to have two games in hand. At the time we were meant to play Fleetwood they had started the season well but are now slipping down the table. Blackpool also have started well but similarly have fallen out of the top six. Squad strength rather than team strength will soon come into play what with injuries and suspensions. Rovers have half a decent league one team on the bench on game day. I dont think playing three games a week for a couple of weeks will make much difference. The games in hand are not exactly the other side of thr country either. As the season progresses i see Rovers squad quality seeing through to a top two finish.