Oldham Athletic v Blackburn Rovers Sat 12/10 2017 @ 3 pm

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Holy Poll-ie, I made a fooly of myself and made no poll

Option 1: The Igor Tudor Crested Pancake Gibbon
18%
Option 2: The Klammering Kestrel Klub
No votes
Option 3: Archimedes running around a bath house naked, shouting "I got it!"
36%
Options, I have options. You'll see my options soon, and when you do see my options, you will be like "All of those options are optional." You will keep asking me, "How do you have all of these optional options?" I can't answer you because it's optional. So the option is on the table to make Rovers Great Again, and we will make Rovers Great Again by winning so much, it will be optional for us to win so much. We could just win a little, but we want to win bigly to the big league. And that's how French Stewart will make Rovers Great Again!
45%

Total votes: 11

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re: Oldham Athletic v Blackburn Rovers Sat 12/10 2017 @ 3 pm

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:21 am

We just need to sign this guy.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:28 am

Gaz wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:22 am

And what point was that?

You are focussing on a managers control of a game on match day, and completely disregarded everything else I.e. the training/coaching in the week...the tactics...the formation...I could go on...

I'd also argue a manager can massively influence results/performances during a game (substitutions and tactical changes)
There is a very low ceiling on what a manager can achieve with limited players. Mowbray is by no means a managerial genius, but he's on a par with the majority you'll find willing to take on a League 1 club. We can keep on chopping and changing in the hope that we strike lucky, or recognise where the problem really lies and accept it won't be fixed overnight. There's a crude expression that suits the current Rovers team perfectly, "you can't polish a turd".

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:26 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:01 pm
:takes bow:
Yeah, I know you’re not one to blow your own trumpet, but that was excellent.

You win some trumpoetry. :hyper:

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:05 pm

My first game of the season and my first away game since Big Sam's last game in charge.

Holy shit what an awful performance. Elliot Ward should never be putting on another Rovers shit after that display; Mowbray knew he was a weakness and sat the midfield deep to cover this, push to shove it's Ward who was out of position for their goal. We had nothing down the right hand side all game and Oldham had so much free space on that side it was unreal. Whittingham was far too slow on the ball and none of the players looked like they had any desire to get the ball forward or release the ball before being descended upon by Oldham players. It was downright shocking.

It makes me wonder, has Ward been that bad all season? I mean surely one of the u23s could do a better job than that? Constantly trying to reach the ball with his leg when it was in the air to head. Basic things! Conway started bright but filtered out, Graham looks so slow when he came on and the midfield lacked any pace at all. Very worrying indeed.