Blackburn Rovers v Plymouth Argyle

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Mr Rover Rover
Promising youngster

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Plymouth Argyle

Post by Mr Rover Rover » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:43 pm

63% possession, 25 shots and 16 corners. Just unbelievable. And just to rub it in, it sounded like a man of the match performance from Yann fucking Songo'o :doh:

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:57 pm

I am trying to look at this a different way. Our last three games. We beat Gillingham who have gained a draw tonight against Wigan. Oldham who beat us gained a draw tonight at Bradford. Plymouth drew with Shrewbury at the weekend will be more than happy to draw at Ewood. Because these three clubs started their campaigns poorly they have improved of late with results not just against Rovers but also other clubs in the play off and promotion places. Of course in an ideal world we should beat these teams but a league campaign is long and hard. Its what you do over nine months and not to be judged over three or four poor displays against so called weaker teams.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 pm

But, we started crappy with a bunch of newcomers, then won 6 of 8, now we've lost one & tied one.

Truthfully, I really don't know what to make of it. Except Blackburn are definitely not head & shoulders above everybody else in League 1.

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:15 pm

That miss in the last minute is possibly the worse I've ever seen live. I still can't believe he didn't score now.

Lots of chances created tonight but our finishing is truly awful.

dwayne cage
Inexperienced manager

Post by dwayne cage » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:00 pm

Our strike force is so so bad. 🙄

Thorisgodpoo
Experienced international star

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:48 am

This seemed like the match where Rovers were their own worst enemy. Lack of shots on target, Antonnson sprinting like a madman on the ball was concerning at times, but also created chances. They did everything right by most accounts and came up short. Plus, a draw is better than a loss, so I will take it.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:18 am

dwayne cage wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:00 pm
Our strike force is so so bad. 🙄
But we have Danny Graham!

Texrover
New signing

Post by Texrover » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Usually I am a manic depressive when it comes to Rovers results - but I am actually trying to see the positives in this result. I agree with Darth that it is a long hard season and its harsh to judge us on a few iffy results.

By all accounts we battered them last night but couldn't put the bloody thing in the net. All of the strikers appear to be having goalmouth jitters or is it just pure bad luck. If we had played crap last night and spent most of our time defending then I will take it that we need to worry, but that wasn't the case. We are making chances, we are competing and when we lose, we aren't getting thrashed. Two of our wins and one draw have been against sides who presently sit in the top 4.

You go on the Lancashire Evening Telegraph pages and the morons on the forums there are talking about sacking TM - utter rubbish. Yea lets sack another manager, see where that gets us. We have to have some stability or else we will never get consistent. We could easily play crap on Saturday and score 3 goals. We don't have god given right to beat every team in this league just because we were once a Premiership side and we shouldn't expect to bang 4 goals in every time we play - even though we are making enough chances. It took Notts Forest (European Cup Winners), 3 seasons to get out of this league and we are currently in the league with 6 former Premier league teams.

All this positivity could be b**&^ks by the final whistle on Saturday. Hopefully not...... patience is the key and strikers that take their chances!

the growlery
New signing

Post by the growlery » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Totally bewildered going home last night. Not for the first time this season we peppered the opposition goal but the ball just wouldn't go in. Having said that, our shooting was woeful.Every time we were in a shooting position it was simply a matter of how far into the stands the ball would end up.
Plymouth defended well, but we simply must find a way to beat a packed defence. The tactic of Graham heading the corners backwards for a Rovers player to run onto the ball just didn't work, yet they persisted with this tactic all through the second half.
I wonder what fans thought of Nyambe's performance as a centre back? He is certainly no Chris Samba, but his speed is something that is missing when Ward plays. Raya is a good shot stopper but his distribution is poor, I'd like to see Leutwiler given a chance. Dack seems to be finding his form but is Whittingham overrated? Never thought I'd say it, but I'd prefer Corry Evans as a holding midfielder.
We missed Conway's class but apart from the shooting the rest of the team played well last night. We'll score 4 against Portsmouth.