FA Cup: Blackburn v Crewe, Sun 03-12 2017

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

What is in a "Full cup of love"?

Charlie Staples' secret sauce
14%
The revenue generated at the gate
No votes
Gross imposition
No votes
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of kestrels and gibbons
29%
The inverse LaPlace transformation of a quadratic
No votes
The Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics
No votes
A fish bowl
No votes
A nice 15 minute sit down on the commode with a cup of coffee and the news of the day
No votes
Knowing you will be late for a meeting because of the 15 minute sit down on the commode
No votes
Going to a hot dog place to find out they don't serve French fries (chips)
No votes
A rack of ribs slathered in sauce, on some white bread
No votes
The difference between there, their, and they're
No votes
We have many cups of many sizes, believe me. Our cups are so full of love, overflowing with love actually. We should not be trading our full cups of love because we need those cups, they should be sending back our cups. We love our cups, they hold things. Bigly things. A lot of things. They are yuuge for holding things. I mean, how am I supposed to know how to drink something without a cup? I asked someone this, I told them, " How do I drink out of this bowl? It's not a cup!" The man told me here is a straw. What kind of man gives another a straw? Straws are for cups, not bowls! So that is why I am instituting an executive order on straws being exclusive to cups, so we can Make Straws Great Again!
57%

Total votes: 7

the growlery
New signing

Re: FA Cup: Blackburn v Crewe, Sun 03-12 2017

Post by the growlery » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:27 pm

I hope Conway can make his way back sooner rather than later, the winger situation is getting serious

Thorisgodpoo
Experienced international star

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:30 pm

We have completely fallen apart, 2 men down and it's 3-3 now. If we can even get a goal to win, I will be over the moon. I can't wait to see the highlights because 2 red cards is questionable decision making by the ref.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:30 pm

3 - 3 Harper and Bennett both twats today!!!!

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Dummies. Good grief

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Last thing Rovers want is a replay. Damage already done losing two players to suspension.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:39 pm

From coasting at 3 nil up. Two sendings off, why why why? Are these lads not professionals. Fucking idiots. Make them clean the toilets and scrub the boots.

the growlery
New signing

Post by the growlery » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:40 pm

How old is Harper?

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:41 pm

I’m more worried about Nyambe. The extra work he has to put in and then probably start the next league game. 3 nil up would should be striking the ball around.

the growlery
New signing

Post by the growlery » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Nyambe I believe is 19. He should be fit to p[lay on Wednesday!

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:54 pm

the growlery wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:49 pm
Nyambe I believe is 19. He should be fit to p[lay on Wednesday!
Yeah I agree, just needless extra energy used today!!!!

the growlery
New signing

Post by the growlery » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:00 pm

3-3 then, Well done the nine men.
I hope Mowbray doesn't have the la :D ds in efor extra training tomorrow.

Thorisgodpoo

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Sounds like a replay in the works.

Only could read the stat line, and it is shocking how we go 3-0 up, get 2 red cards and eventually draw. We put out some reserves, Leutweiler, Ward, Wharton, Harper, Caddis, and bringing Travis on in the second half. So those are the bright spots is they got a run out.

I really want to see these 2 red card offenses because it sounded like it was an overreaction from the ref. Penalties hardly warrant a red unless it is absolutely dangerous and last man. Bennett's red I would like to see because he hardly is the type to be dirty or reckless.

Overall, the silver lining is there is another chance for the reserves to get a run out in the replay.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:32 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:01 pm
I really want to see these 2 red card offenses because it sounded like it was an overreaction from the ref. Penalties hardly warrant a red unless it is absolutely dangerous and last man. Bennett's red I would like to see because he hardly is the type to be dirty or reckless.

Penalties always warrant a red if he's denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity by fouling, it doesn't have to be nasty. Once the ref's decided it's a foul there, he has to go. Personally, I'm not sure it's a foul, the striker seems to go from standing up robin his arse with barely any contact from that angle.
Bennet's isn't caught on camera, and not being there I can't say what happened, but it certainly looks like he was about to kick out as the camera moves away.

Thorisgodpoo

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:13 pm

First, thanks for posting highlights.

After seeing that penalty call, I am in the minority that if you are given a penalty, and the foul is rather routine (albeit eliminating a goal scoring chance), a yellow card should be warranted, not a red. The other team is already given a goal scoring opportunity in return of the foul, it's hard for me to believe that a red card needs to be given in those circumstances. But I am not the ref, and he calls it whichever way he sees fit.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:13 pm
First, thanks for posting highlights.

After seeing that penalty call, I am in the minority that if you are given a penalty, and the foul is rather routine (albeit eliminating a goal scoring chance), a yellow card should be warranted, not a red. The other team is already given a goal scoring opportunity in return of the foul, it's hard for me to believe that a red card needs to be given in those circumstances. But I am not the ref, and he calls it whichever way he sees fit.
Well, he calls it as he sees fit, but he has to follow the rules
Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.
It's a complete defensive cockup, that ball should never have been played to Harper with two attackers on him, he's too slow to react when it does come through, and then has to scramble and chase backwards, putting him in a position where he's the wrong side of the striker and anything he does will look like a foul if he doesn't get the perfect tackle. Personally I think he's made contact, but I can't see a foul, and he certainly wasn't trying to push or lunge. If he hadn't been through on goal, if it had been elsewhere in the area, I don't think the red would have been shown at all.