FA Cup Replay: Crewe v Blackburn 2: Electric Boogaloo. WEDS 13th December, 19:45

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Are these pretzels making you thirsty?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes
What does it mean to have thirst?
No votes
Thirst is relative to the tongue of the beholder
No votes
Is it Thirsty Thursday yet?
No votes
Kestrels being disappointed by swooping from the heavens and borrowing a pretzel from a kid, only to find that it made the kestrels thirsty
No votes
A pack of gibbons whooping at the pretzel stand, only to be rebuffed by the pretzel stand
10%
The only cure to thirst is a full cup of love
20%
Burning fecal matter and the human response
10%
Ravenous ravens raring to row regally down the Rabbit River
20%
Knowing that the human condition will certainly doom us
No votes
---------------------
10%
There have been pretzels that make people thirsty on many sides, on many sides. I have been victim to those pretzels, they have made me thirsty as well. The thirst that is brought about by these pretzels are of the likes which we have never seen before. These pretzels have shown to be dangerous, and creates thirst. Big thirst. Ocean-sized thirst. I once ate a pretzel that made me yuugly thirsty, and I was so thirsty, that I drank from a water fountain. I never drink from water fountains, that is what cups and straws are for. But I was so thirsty from this pretzel, I had to go back to the man that was selling the pretzels and ask him, "Why do you sell pretzels that make me thirsty?" He then told me that this can of Diet Coke was for sale, thankfully he put it in a cup for me. He did a bigly favor, what a great guy, let me tell you. Even though I only talked to him for a little bit, I could tell he was a good man, even though he made me thirsty. But he is a good man. He did a great thing. And that is why I am issuing an executive order banning pretzels from making people thirsty, so we can Make Pretzels Savory Again!
30%

Total votes: 10

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

FA Cup Replay: Crewe v Blackburn 2: Electric Boogaloo. WEDS 13th December, 19:45

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:48 am

This match appears to be a good chance for fringe players to get a run out and impress. I am expecting to see Ward, Wharton, Tomlinson, and Nuttall to start, with a couple U-23 players sprinkled on the bench. I would like to see if Rankin-Costello has anything to offer the first team with Bennett being out for a couple more matches.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re: FA Cup Replay: Crewe v Blackburn 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 am

Being played on Wednesday night now.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: FA Cup Replay: Crewe v Blackburn 2: Electric Boogaloo. WEDS 13th December, 19:45

Post by Dan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:28 am

Yup. Bit of snow in Crewe, apparently.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42232501

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Re: FA Cup Replay: Crewe v Blackburn 2: Electric Boogaloo. WEDS 13th December, 19:45

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Thanks for the update, I was just full on expecting them to play. If the Buffalo Bills can play in a blizzard, anyone can!

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:25 pm
Thanks for the update, I was just full on expecting them to play. If the Buffalo Bills can play in a blizzard, anyone can!
Agreed. I am disgusted in our American game of tackleball, there are more and more indoor arenas. Play in the elements, big, fast & strong sissies! (Yes, I know they build the indoor arenas for the fan sissies)

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:36 am

I've nothing against playing, or watching, football in the snow, but there is a limit, especially when it's frozen rather than snowy. It was apparently down to nearly -10 on Tuesday night around Crewe, and if the pitch is frozen then it can be unplayable, and cause injury to the players who (for example) suddenly find they've kicked a lump of ice or solid ground trying to get their foot under the ball taking a corner, putting a cross in etc.

The fans are considered too... if the area surrounding the stadium is considered too dangerous for thousands of fans to walk on, the police will call off the match.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:06 am

And to be fair, football matches go ahead in conditions many other sports would consider unplayable.

I don't know what facilities Crewe Alexandra have for avoiding frozen pitches, but comparing them to NFL teams is perhaps missing a crucial point?

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Just joking, guys. I guess I should have included a winkie smilie.

But the ice bowl, Dallas/Green Bay, 1967, was a game for the ages. 13 below zero, players with frostbite, etc.

Dallas' TD's were a fumble return by d-end George Andrie; & a 50-yard halfback pas from Dan Reeves to "keep it in the pants" Lance Rentzel.

I think Dallas stayed at the Green Bay Holiday Inn the night before. That morning, I believe it was Don Meredith & Walt Garrison in their room, Meredith poured water down the INSIDE of the window, it froze before it hit the bottom.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:01 pm

It wasn't the weather aspect.....

As for the Ice Bowl, that was just plain silly that they didn't call it off, it was clearly dangerous and harmful to fans, players and officials.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:01 pm

As for the Ice Bowl, that was just plain silly that they didn't call it off, it was clearly dangerous and harmful to fans, players and officials.
Those NHL guys would be shaking their heads in disbelief at you...

:whistle:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 pm
mrblackbat wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Those NHL guys would be shaking their heads in disbelief at you...

:whistle:
Hah. But yeah, an ice rink isn't as cold as -28 degrees with wind chill to take it to -44....

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:57 pm

This is a great narrative & game footage of the game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGjg7j-qTvw
Last edited by WacoRover on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:03 pm

WacoRover wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:57 pm
This is a great narrative & game footage of the game...probably as close as we'll get to seeing the whole thing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGjg7j-qTvw
Speak for yourself, I'm just going for a trip in my Tardis...