Blackburn v Charlton Sat 16-12 2017

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Surely you cannot be serious?

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
67%
I am serious, because I just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to a full cup of love
33%

Total votes: 6

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Blackburn v Charlton Sat 16-12 2017

Post by Dan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Graham!
Job done, another win, great time to be a Rovers fan.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Lovely stuff.

Pleasing to see the depth of our squad being able to bring on Nuttall and Graham.

Thorisgodpoo
Experienced international star

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:13 pm

6 league wins in a row, goals seem to flow when the opportunity comes. Like you said Dan, it's a great time to be a Rovers fan.

Overall, I think fatigue was showing in the players today. Thankfully they have a full week before the next match and a super congested set of fixtures, with 4 matches in 10 days coming up. So it will be a great challenge for the depth of our squad and see who rises up.

I think defense and midfield did well. If I have to spot out a weak link of the match, it seemed like it was Nyambe. But with that being said, I think it's being hyper critical of him. Evans had a pretty decent game, was there when we needed him and kind of was anonymous otherwise. Antonnsson's goal scoring seems to dried up lately, whether or not that's because clubs are game-planning for him down the left is another thing.

Dominic Samuel seems like a great substitute rather than a starter. He is good at running at defenses and, kind of like Nuttall. I would like to see Graham being the starter as I think he is better suited at giving defenses a hard time in the air.

Honestly, this is all over analyzing what is going on, but I think it's better to be aware of our weak spots then to ignore them. Regardless, a great win and a well deserved rest for the boys. 1 more match suspension for Bennett and then he comes back for the Rochdale match on Boxing Day.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Agreed, Dan & Thor. I think your comment on Samuel is dead-on.

Fun stuff!

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:32 pm

Looking at the stats Charlton had more than Rovers in nearly every area than the important one of course....goals scored. They might feel today they deserved something from the game. Charlton and the up coming game sgainst Scunthorpe i thought were the biggest threat to the winning streak Rovers are currently enjoying. Surely Rochdale and Northampton cannot trouble us. Hopefully Rovers slip ups against less fancied opposition has ended. Nearly half way through the season and it looks impressive. Draws away against the current 1st and 2nd places then wins all the way right down to Walsall in 12th who Rovers havent played yet. Then its Southend...remember that first game of the season. Of our other unduers namely Oldham, Doncaster and Wimbledon they are in a relegation battle. How did we get it so wrong against these clubs.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Win our next 2 and we will be in the top 2. Maybe even top with any luck.

the growlery
New signing

Post by the growlery » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:11 pm

I thought we might have been three up at half time had Graham been playing -he is without doubt our number 1 cf.
Having said that, I think that bringing Nuttall and Samuel on together in the last 20 minutes might shred a few defences while they are tiring.
The subs again worked out well, Tomlinson was a breath of fresh air- he certainly made the best pass of the match to send Conway flying down the wing - a start for this lad can't be far away.
Raya again made at least three match saving saves, he can't kick for toffee. but he's a great asset.
We were a tad lucky yesterday, I thought Charlton edged it -they had a young black lad (no.17) who played centre midfield and tore our defence apart on several occasions - just the sort of player we need.
The match against Shrewsbury on January 13th will be significant,gutted that I'll be away-Wigan are playing out of their skins but I'll be more than satisfied to see us come second at the end of the season.