Rotherham/Blackburn, happy New Year!

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Rotherham/Blackburn, happy New Year!

Post by Dan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:27 pm

thehatts wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:20 pm
Yeah just worries me that we just can’t seem to overtake shrews. A win today and then beat them would have done it. More pressure on us to win now and less on them. Seem to get close and either slip up or they pull a few wins out the bag.
We've been playing catch-up all season. They didn't lose a match until the last few days of October, we'd had 4 losses by then.
Plenty of time left yet, were only half way through and anything can happen yet.
Hopefully we're safe from relegation though :)

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:53 pm

Didn't get to see the match so I will be reduced to extended highlights and match stats. From the stats, it looked an even game, so a draw was fair stats wise. I can only hope that these 2 players Mowbray have tabled bids for can come in and be effective immediately and not a work in progress like Sam Hart. As was stated before, one is rumoured to be Amari'i Bell (left back) from Fleetwood Town, I can only hope the other is a winger, because Rovers have none past Conway and Bennett.

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:36 pm

The decision to 'throw on an extra defender' near the end is questionable. It certainly upsets the team's momentum and this afternoon was disastrous - the Radio Lancs commentators said the defenders were 'getting in each others way' and' no one knew who was supposed to be picking up who'
Whenever we change our tactics from attacking the opposition to defending our own goal, things seem to go wrong. I've always believed that the other team can't score while we are in their half - I stick by that.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:00 pm

Disappointing to give up the victory at the end of the game. Rotherham came into the game in a confident mood so perhaps a draw is a good result. Rovers still unbeaten against teams in the top half of the league and have not failed to score since the Wigan game in October. We cannot really grumble much at that. The squad seems to be under pressure via injuries and sickness so all things considered Rovers are averaging two points a game so plenty to feel optimistic about. FA Cup next against Hull and more importantly two week until the next league game. Could we have two new players and it cannot be long now before Lenihan will be available.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Darth Rover wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:00 pm
Disappointing to give up the victory at the end of the game. Rotherham came into the game in a confident mood so perhaps a draw is a good result. Rovers still unbeaten against teams in the top half of the league and have not failed to score since the Wigan game in October. We cannot really grumble much at that. The squad seems to be under pressure via injuries and sickness so all things considered Rovers are averaging two points a game so plenty to feel optimistic about. FA Cup next against Hull and more importantly two week until the next league game. Could we have two new players and it cannot be long now before Lenihan will be available.
Agreed, Darth, I have no reason to grumble, but I doubt that will stop me, or anybody else here! :lol:

Seriously, this is everything just as we wanted, and most of us predicted at the start of the season...there have been no big surprises, past the nightmarish start of our first two games. I like the squad; I like Mowbray. Life is good.