blackburn Rovers v Blackpool Sat March 10

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re: blackburn Rovers v Blackpool Sat March 10

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Ethiaa wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:40 pm
Maybe we should have loaned a better defender.
With the money used to bring in Graham? Possibly, but I don't think the benefits of strengthening in a different position are as clear as simply improving in the same position.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Maybe we should have loaned a better manager. And mascot. If our mascot had been designed by someone with some talent, who knows where we could have been. Is it a coincidence that our success matches having a quality mascot? I THINK NOT. Bad mascot design killed our club blah blah blah.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Ethiaa wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:58 pm
Maybe we should have loaned a better manager. And mascot. If our mascot had been designed by someone with some talent, who knows where we could have been. Is it a coincidence that our success matches having a quality mascot? I THINK NOT. Bad mascot design killed our club blah blah blah.
*cough

I designed Roar. Though I didn't intend for him to be a sex offender.
Also, they made a right hash of it when they interpreted my drawing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

But I'm sure you already know that.... ;)

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Yeah, I was being subtle. Well, more subtle than you. I think it's well documented here already. Such as...
SheepShagginRover wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:57 pm
Whoever designed Roar is a twat.....

Oh, hai Gibbon ;)
Bask in adulation mate.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:11 pm

I think Toppers is really on to something. I think we should get rid of Dack, Smallwood, Mulgrew, Lenihan and Nyambe and get some loanees instead.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:14 pm

mcteeth wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:11 pm
I think Toppers is really on to something. I think we should get rid of Dack, Smallwood, Mulgrew, Lenihan and Nyambe and get some loanees instead.
BETTER loanees. No point getting ones that aren't better. That'd be stupid.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Ethiaa wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:08 pm
Yeah, I was being subtle. Well, more subtle than you. I think it's well documented here already. Such as...
SheepShagginRover wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:57 pm
Whoever designed Roar is a twat.....

Oh, hai Gibbon ;)
Bask in adulation mate.
To be fair, that's a post from EIGHT years ago.

Also, why can I not get smilies to work when I click on them? Is it a Mac thing?

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Isn't everything? I'm surpised you don't get charged by Apple every time you click your mouse button.

(It's javascript - you've probably got some plugin/extension/whatever-safari-calls-that-stuff screwing it up) :detective:

Also, we are happy to insult you more regularly if you prefer. All you need to do is ask.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:08 pm

This guy's know in my family as The Good Roar, before they made him look ridiculous and then replaced him with a stupid dog. :D

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:13 pm

mcteeth wrote:
You seem to be willfully ignoring some significant factors, but if you really want to dumb it down, then why not? Isn't the aim to have as strong a side as possible? Just because you're happy with a certain player, it doesn't mean you stop looking for ways to improve your team. A Charlie Mulgrew without the injury problems would be better than Charlie Mulgrew, for instance. We didn't need to bring in Adam Armstrong, but it's looking like a smart piece of business, strengthening our promotion push. But just because he's doing well now, it doesn't mean we should do all we can to sign him in the summer, as we're hoping we'll go up and therefore will need another of level of quality to compete.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:13 pm
mcteeth wrote:
You seem to be willfully ignoring some significant factors, but if you really want to dumb it down, then why not? Isn't the aim to have as strong a side as possible? Just because you're happy with a certain player, it doesn't mean you stop looking for ways to improve your team. A Charlie Mulgrew without the injury problems would be better than Charlie Mulgrew, for instance. We didn't need to bring in Adam Armstrong, but it's looking like a smart piece of business, strengthening our promotion push. But just because he's doing well now, it doesn't mean we should do all we can to sign him in the summer, as we're hoping we'll go up and therefore will need another of level of quality to compete.
You seem to be overlooking the obvious sarcasm in my post as well as willfully ignoring the only actual point I ever refer too.

Jim
Experienced international star

Post by Jim » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:37 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:06 pm
Ethiaa wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:58 pm
*cough

I designed Roar. Though I didn't intend for him to be a sex offender.
Also, they made a right hash of it when they interpreted my drawing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

But I'm sure you already know that.... ;)
I'm curious to know if you still have the designs/plans/blueprints/schematics of Roar in your archives somewhere to share with us.

I always liked Roar/Roarina for the record.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:43 pm

mcteeth wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:17 pm
The argument at the time (from you and Blackbat) was that we shouldn't have given Graham a contract after his successful loan spell and should have looked to loan someone else instead.
Er, nope. I knew you'd always missed the point.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:53 pm

Superb deflection :lol:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Haven't read the rest of the thread. But the point still stands: that's never been my argument. :shrug:

I'd also refute that his loan spell was definitely a success.