Bristol ROVERS v Blackburn ROVERS, Sat 14 April 2018, KO 15:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

If you met a strange lady, would she make you nervous?

Not if she took me in and gave me breakfast
27%
Only if you ask if you come from a land down under
9%
maybe if she took me in and gave me breakfast
9%
Drinking your fourth screwdriver because you are a mad man on a Tuesday
No votes
Constantly reminding your former professor who is from Liverpool area that Blackburn has won the league more than Liverpool
No votes
Letting spell check do the business
No votes
We've come too far to give up who we are
No votes
We're all up to get lucky
No votes
Be Kool and Get Down On It
No votes
GET YOUR BACK UP OFF THE WALL
9%
I heard all the people saying get down on it
No votes
Shoehorning an answer with gibbons, kestrels , Igor Tudor, faxadogl, using House of Tudor Two Door Tutoring Service as a premise but not as a climax nor conclusion
18%
So many nights I long to hold you, so many times I looked and saw your face, nothing can change the way I feel
No votes
No one else can take your place because I am only human, flesh and blood I'm made. Human, born to make mistakes
No votes
AMERICA
No votes
I need a hero
No votes
Where's the street wise Hercules?
No votes
Getting low on your fourth screwdriver, still letting spellcheck do the business, and considering the fifth as you stumble over the word "considering"
No votes
Making sure you haven't put more than 25 answers, because I'm pushing it to the limit, walking along the razor's edge, but I ain't looking down because I will be finished
9%
I'm a reasonable guy, but I have just experienced some unreasonable things
No votes
Will things ever be the same again, it's the final countdown
No votes
The next poll will be forcing y'all into an answer that is lyrics from Electric Avenue because I can't get food for the kid, so we're going to rock down to Electric Avenue
No votes
Realizing you only have 3 more options left, so you waste this one so you can put some random quote of a movie or a song you randomly think of at the time before you go on an epic Donald Trump response
No votes
Tricked Ya! It's shiplap in your newly renovated home!
No votes
I can't say I have ever been nervous in my life. But when I met this strange lady, she made me nervous. Very nervous. Big nervous. So nervous you would shake in your shoes. But sometimes, shaking in your shoes is a bad thing. I have never shaken in my shoes before like meeting this strange lady. This strange lady was such an impact on me, that I decided to talk to her longer. Not only did she make me breakfast, I had to ask her if she came from a land down under. Only ladies who make me nervous come from a land down under. She had this glow around her, so I had this urge to plunder. It was so strange, I have never plundered before. Then before you know it, I heard some thunder. These were some bad hombre thunders, let me tell you. I have heard a lot of thunder before, but not like this thunder. This thunder made me run and take cover, and I never take cover. This was the best cover I could ever ask for. That is why I am issuing an executive order for everyone to make sure their spellcheck is working correctly, otherwise this post would have never happened so I will Make Drunk Posting Great Again!
18%

Total votes: 11

Thorisgodpoo
Experienced international star

Bristol ROVERS v Blackburn ROVERS, Sat 14 April 2018, KO 15:00

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:32 am

A win would be nice.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re: Bristol ROVERS v Blackburn ROVERS, Sat 14 April 2018, KO 15:00

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:39 am

Epic poll. Win is almost certainly guaranteed.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:36 am

Look out for those badegrs! :shock:

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:47 am

Where's -------------------------- ?
Poll fail.

;)

Thorisgodpoo

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:26 pm

I must commit sudoku now for my sins.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:29 am

Hmmm...
Bristol is a hit or miss club; nearly as many wins as Pompey; the 2nd fewest ties in the league; but more losses than Rochdale (in the RZ).

I agree, fresh legs needed. I like our defending. I wouldn’t have imagined we would be lacking scoring. Mowbray needs to find the right combination again.

Thorisgodpoo

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:45 am

So doing the calculations for the final 5 matches of the season, Rovers need to finish 3-2-0 at the minimum to get promoted. Shrewsbury have to win all 5 matches in that scenario. Should be interesting last set of matches.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:06 am

I think Wigan will win the league quite easily, although that could easily change, but I sort of expect them to not drop any more points or at worst maybe end up with a draw in on of their tougher games, perhaps Rotherham.

But the target was promotion and winning the league would have been an added bonus but not essential. Looking at the remains 5 fixtures:

Rovers
- Bristol Rovers (a)
- Peterborough (h)
- Doncaster (a)
- Charlton (a)
- Oxford (h)

Shrewsbury
- Charlton (h)
- Bury (h)
- Peterborough (h)
- Blackpool (a)
- MK Dons (h)

We both I'd say have 3 tougher games with Charlton and Peterborough both being good sides and fighting to be in the play-offs, we also have Charlton away. Then I'd say both our trip to Bristol and their trip to Blackpool are trickier fixtures.

They've got the luxury of 4 of their 5 being at home and with two of these being Bury and MK Dons you'd expect 6 points from those.

There's no doubt going to be some twists and turns but I do think they'll need to possibly win all 5 to finish above us and I'm not convinced they will. Particularly as they also keep getting people sent off!

They failed to make up the two points last night and I hope we take that impetus into this weekend and get a win.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:57 am

I wouldn't rule out either us or Shrewsbury dropping points to Oxford and MK Dons, come the end of the season they could both be fighting to stay up.
I think Wigan have to be favourites, but all three of us have to keep winning regardless of what the others are doing, and every single game is a potential banana skin now that the pressures's building a bit.

Thorisgodpoo

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:41 pm

The big 2 matches I see between Shrews and Rovers are Peterborough and Charlton. Both are attempting to secure a playoff position, so I expect a hard match no matter what. I feel those 2 matches will define whether or not Shrewbury or Blackburn will get promoted.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:15 pm

I think we just need to take one match at a time. Looking ahead just shifts the focus from where it needs to be right now.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:19 pm

The good thing is that is how Mowbray appears to be managing things with the team, just each game at a time. I think it's just comforting that we have the 4 point cushion, effectively 5 due to goal difference. Not sure I could cope if right now it was already neck and neck.

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:17 pm

I will feel sooooooo much more relaxed if we can win tomorrow. The Shrews will really struggle to catch us then. And watch out for Wigan dropping a clanger before the end.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:50 pm

If Rovers can regain some form i see us being promoted before Oxford come to visit. Charlton were botheting me a bit but it would appear the Lee Bowyer honeymoon period is over with a draw and a loss after a few wins. The deciding factor between Rovers and Shrewsbury is the squad quality. Shrewsbury have had an outstanding season with some players that are too good for league one. However they are losing players to suspension whereas Rovers too have lost players like Chapman but Rovers have been able to rely on others stepping up like Dack and Armstrong. Promotion for me will happen before the Oxford game. I am more worried about how we will fair in the championship next season. I have really been surprised how Millwall have performed in the championship and this time last year they finished sixth in league one.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Samuel... c’mon, we need something from you...