Donny fan in peace.

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Post Reply
Jimmydee
New signing
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:36 am
Contact:

Donny fan in peace.

Post by Jimmydee » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:45 am

We have a foodbank collection point next to the Belle Vue bar where away supporters are welcome, bring a tin or chuck a coin in the bucket.
I was hoping for a late run to get us into the play offs and join you in the championship next season, but it's fizzled out and were on the crest of a slump.
Enjoy the game.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14771
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Donny fan in peace.

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 pm

Sign of the time that foodbanks need the support of football fans. And you then look at the amount of money at the top flight of the game. :(

Hope you get a good collection; I'm afraid I'm not along to contribute.

User avatar
Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international
Posts: 2009
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Donny fan in peace.

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Thanks for posting, hopefully those that are travelling will see this and help you out. Unfortunately, there is thing called an ocean that separates me from helping. But I do wish you the best in raising awareness to this issue.

User avatar
Darth Rover
Ageing international
Posts: 4097
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 6:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Donny fan in peace.

Post by Darth Rover » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:55 pm

A good cause and hopefully the Blackburn fans attending will be in a generous mood and also have something to celebrate.

User avatar
Jim
Experienced international star
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Doncaster in Gods Own County
Contact:

Re: Donny fan in peace.

Post by Jim » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:39 pm

Jimmydee wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:45 am
We have a foodbank collection point next to the Belle Vue bar where away supporters are welcome, bring a tin or chuck a coin in the bucket.
I was hoping for a late run to get us into the play offs and join you in the championship next season, but it's fizzled out and were on the crest of a slump.
Enjoy the game.
Can vouch for how good and needy a cause this is in Doncaster. The company I used to work for has ties to the council and we used to collect each month. None of it ever wasted. So many homeless and people living in poverty in Doncaster. Thatcher’s glorious coal mining legacy :roll:

Please give generously folks!

mcteeth
Ageing international
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:44 am
Contact:

Re: Donny fan in peace.

Post by mcteeth » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Just packed 3 tins to bring tomorrow.

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17954
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Donny fan in peace.

Post by Gibbon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Why not just buy some at the Doncaster end of your trip and save the extra weight in your bag? ;)

mcteeth
Ageing international
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:44 am
Contact:

Re: Donny fan in peace.

Post by mcteeth » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 am

Who doesn't love carrying a heavy rucksack around all day?

:hyper:

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17954
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Donny fan in peace.

Post by Gibbon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 am

:lol:

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6860
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: Donny fan in peace.

Post by Dan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:59 am

mcteeth wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 am
Who doesn't love carrying a heavy rucksack around all day?

:hyper:
Plus if you get hungry, you've got a snack :D

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27165
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Donny fan in peace.

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:37 am

Dan wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:59 am
mcteeth wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 am
Who doesn't love carrying a heavy rucksack around all day?

:hyper:
Plus if you get hungry, you've got a snack :D
Mmmm, rucksacks...

Post Reply