The Blackburn Rovers 'We Are Going Up' Celebration Thread

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Did this promotion deserve it's own thread?

Yes
25%
No
No votes
What's your pleasure?
8%
Everyone around the world come on!
No votes
Woo-hoo!
No votes
It's a celebration
8%
Celebrate good times COME ON!
8%
There's a party going on right here, a dedication to last through out the years
8%
Let's all celebrate and have a good time!
No votes
It's time to come together
8%
It's up to you
No votes
Putting Kool and the Gang on repeat for 24 hours
8%
Why no creative options about kestrels, gibbons, Igor Tudor, arable farming, or the likes of celebrating Nordic bakeware
17%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Thorisgodpoo
Experienced international star

The Blackburn Rovers 'We Are Going Up' Celebration Thread

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:54 pm

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re: The Blackburn Rovers 'We Are Going Up' Celebration Thread

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:36 am

Managers are the first to take the blame when things go wrong, and I think it's only fair that Tony Mowbray (or is it Mobury?) gets a big slice of the credit for taking us back up. On paper we were favourites for promotion, but I think it's a lot harder to actually generate momentum when the club has been stuck in the doldrums for so long. Our start to the season showed promotion wasn't a given, but to only lose one in 33 is incredible. And even though we've been flying, there's been no let up in the pressure, we've needed to keep winning to stay ahead. Next year will be tough, but at least we have some stability and positivity to build on. :hyper:

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:49 am

The bloke has done good work. The key thing is not to sack him if we finish mid table next season.

ariversider
Promising youngster

Post by ariversider » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:24 am

Or are mid-table after 15 games

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:33 am

Cannot say enough about the man. He has revitalised the entire club, assembled a hard working and hungry squad, brought the fans and club back together and we're moving forward.

Best season in probably a decade and one of the special moments in 26 years following Rovers.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:35 am

I think a few on BRFCS already want him sacked on the premise that just because this season's been brilliant, it doesn't mean it will continue next year... :footinmouth:

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:49 am

ariversider wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:24 am
Or are mid-table after 15 games
Or are in the bottom half, 6 points outside the relegation zone, after 15 games.

ariversider
Promising youngster

Post by ariversider » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:59 am

Or that.

There has to be stability in the management next season to allow us to carry on re-building

Jim

Post by Jim » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Still can’t get over last night. I’ve never felt such joy at a football game before. Sure I’ve been at Ewood for big wins and tight ones, even for UEFA cup nights but never before have I experienced *that* feeling.

Euphoria. That’s all I can describe it as.

Again it’s a shame those idiots ruined our chance to celebrate with the team by initially complying with requests to return to the stands and letting the team come out and then invading the pitch again. Morons.

I even saw one goon trying to start a fight with a steward... after the biggest win for this club in years. Words fail me.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:19 pm

Yeah I'm still annoyed about it Jim and the media team at the club and what's coming out on social media is obviously all positive but having been there in the stand to see the players come back out with champagne and banners to want to celebrate with all the fans only to basically run back down the tunnel aside from the few that got completely mobbed (Mulgrew, Lenihan, Conway, Dack, Bennett) is a bit of a shame.

I can't make Charlton or Oxford where I suspect, certainly at Charlton on Saturday, regardless of the result the players and Mowbray will get to come and applaud and celebrate with what has been an amazing away support all season properly.

You're right though, following Rovers you don't get many euphoric moments in the stands so it's special when they do come. I was 11 in 1995 and watched the final day on Sky and sadly missed the Worthington Cup Final but last night tops most of the odd special moments and goals I've witnessed in the stands.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:34 pm

:rtm: Let me tell you, it were nowt but fields in 1995

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:40 pm

mcteeth wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:19 pm
You're right though, following Rovers you don't get many euphoric moments in the stands so it's special when they do come. I was 11 in 1995 and watched the final day on Sky and sadly missed the Worthington Cup Final but last night tops most of the odd special moments and goals I've witnessed in the stands.
I guess that's a difference for me... In my time as a supporter, we've had the FMC win in 87, promotion via playoffs in 92, PL win in 95, promotion in 01 and the LC win in 02. In most other seasons we'd be putting a strong showing in the league even if we didn't end up with a trophy or promotion. And that only changed about 10 years ago when Hughes left. So whilst I'm delighted we've gone up, I'm not really feeling it as a special moment, it's more about righting a wrong.The Rovers I know shouldn't be playing at League 1 level.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:58 pm

Oh completely, I was on holiday for the Worthington Cup Final and even prior to that for promotion in 2001 season back then before I was driving I'd only ever get to a few games a season when back up in the North West with family or games around holiday times.

From about 18 I was then going a lot more and had a really good car share with a couple of others, a season ticket for about 7 years and even post dropping that I'm still going to maybe 15 away games a season and the odd couple at Ewood, aside from the Hughes era my highlights reel is slim pickings and is more just massive goals or important games:

- Seeing Shearer's 100th career goal at home to Spurs
- Benni Mac winner against Arsenal in the FA Cup
- Roberts equalising at Old Trafford in the Semi Final (and we still fucking lost :lol: )
- Derbyshire last minute winner at St Jame's Park when he'd had twins
- Bentley's stonking winner at Reading
- Samba's 95th minute winner at Spurs when Hughes and Bowen ran on the pitch
- Roberts relegation saving winner away at Fulham
- Winning away at Wolves on final day when we both stayed up
- Kazim-Richard's winner at Arsenal in the FA Cup when we were in the Championship
- Promotion from League 1 at Donny Rovers...

It's fairly slim pickings, you wonder why you bother... :lol:

:hyper:

Thorisgodpoo

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:46 pm

For me it's when that steward face-planted into the wall after Conway's goal playing Portsmouth this season. Never forget.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:02 pm

I'll never forget being sat behind the goal when Pedersen missed an easy header right at the end of normal time in the FA Cup semi final vs Chelsea at Old Trafford. :(

Although, on a positive note, the Worthington Cup final tops it for me. An incredible day out as a 14 year old :)