Doncaster Feedback

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
DRFCSLO
New signing

Doncaster Feedback

Post by DRFCSLO » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Hello again everyone

First of all, massive congratulations on your promotion back to the Championship. I have to admit you are the best team that I have seen at the Keepmoat this season!

I would like to thank the 3,860 fans who made the trip to Doncaster on last night. I hope that you enjoyed the game and your visit.

If you have any feedback on your visit to the Keepmoat Stadium both good and bad then please let me know. If there is anything we can improve to make your experience better then please get in touch.

You can leave a comment, tweet me at @drfc_away, find my page on Facebook DRFC SLO or my email is dean.medcalf@clubdoncaster.co.uk

Thank you again and all the best for next season!

Kind regards
Dean Medcalf
Supporter Liaison Officer
Doncaster Rovers Football Club

Thorisgodpoo
Experienced international star

Re: Doncaster Feedback

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:04 pm

The only feedback I can give you is your ability to outreach to the away fans and give them a hospitable environment. As an American, you really don't see this in the sports complex over here. So when I see you post over on this forum to make sure that any away fan has the ability to contact you, and then possibly give recommendations of how to improve the away fans experience, is above and beyond what I have seen over here.

So I really do thank you for your outreach to us for any recommendations. Unfortunately, the only thing I can give you is immense gratitude that you are going out of your way to make sure that the away fans have a pleasant experience at your club's stadium.

Seriously, thank you for the outreach. I am sure there are other members who did go to the match that can give you a better insight as to the experience and how to better it.

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:51 pm

Good post. Lessons there to be learned for us all.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi Dean,

Putting the euphoria of the promotion to one side I have to say it was probably up there with the best experiences as an away fan this season having been to around half our away games.

Parking was dead easy and actually walked to the ground with a Donny fan who wished us well. Went and found the food bank outside the Belle Vue and we dropped off 6 tins. The guy seemed to know who I was and said am I mcteeth :lol: had a good chat with him about both sides and the season and the other lads there and my Dad.

That initial friendliness and hospitality extended across the whole evening. It would have been easy considering the number of fans we brought and what was at stake to over steward and Police us which would have done more harm than good. It's the first time I've not been fully searched entering a ground this season which I sometimes find overkill and cause a lot of delays. They didn't take issue with everyone standing, a couple of blue smoke bombs went off and a few inflatables being thrown around before the game and it is only adding to our atmosphere and isn't a problem in my opinion. For example a smoke bomb was let off at MK Dons and it was treated as some kind of drastic incident.

Equally they accepted the fans would invade the pitch and held good faith it wasn't to cause trouble, which aside from tarnishing the majority of us wanting to celebrate with the the players and staff, was all in good spirits. Allowing fans to take photos with players and banners etc.

Regarding the concourse it's always noticeable when you go to newer grounds designed to cope with volume and flow of lots of fans. The Keepmoat was good in that regard and the food and drink cheaper than I'd normally expect to see in grounds. Equally we've been deliberately not served alcohol this season at grounds due to number of fans, Portsmouth for example. If I had one minor negative it would have been the number of staff on the counters and the speed of service. But that's often the case at most games I go to so it's nothing out of the ordinary. But I know people couldn't get pies and some other hot foods and they weren't ready I think. And it was taking ages to sort out change when being served and I overheard a few people getting over and under charged. I wouldn't want that to be raised directly with individuals working as I can't comment on their training and personal circumstance and also appreciate they probably aren't paid very much. You'd also want to factor in the volume of away fans they were tasked with serving which I'm assuming hasn't been the norm this season.

Overall it's a very good away game experience and a nice stadium and really nice to have such positive interaction prior to the match from yourself.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:59 am

mcteeth wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:09 pm
The guy seemed to know who I was and said am I mcteeth :lol:
I wonder how they knew it was you?

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:03 am

:lol:

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:50 pm

Dean,
Wow, I agree with the other Rovers here, very gratifying & humbling to get such a nice message.

Best wishes to Doncaster in the future!