Blackburn v Oxford, Sat 5 May 2018, KO 17:30

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Should I even try?

No
No votes
Definitely no
10%
Playing Marco Polo in the pool while pulling the pole from a polling station
10%
Little baby gibbons are the most adorable things in the world
20%
Kestrels crapping on your freshly washed auto
10%
the conundrum Igor Tudor faces everyday to be an arable farmer or to relive the life of a Nordic bakeware potter
50%

Total votes: 10

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Re: Blackburn v Oxford, Sat 5 May 2018, KO 17:30

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sat May 05, 2018 7:23 pm

Bunch of idiot supporters invading the pitch before full time. I am happy too, but at least wait until full time.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sat May 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:23 pm
Bunch of idiot supporters invading the pitch before full time. I am happy too, but at least wait until full time.
Please tell me there are no forfeits in EFL for idiot fan behavior

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Sat May 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Sat May 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Very satisfying. Except the thickheadedness of a few at the end.

League One, a fond adieu!

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sat May 05, 2018 7:38 pm

stillgrowling wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 4:22 pm
Despite many optimistic forecasts, I can't help thinking there will not be a bumper crowd tonight.
The main job has been done
Lots of injuries
The ludicrous kick off time.
People on holiday
Oxford won't be bringing many

I really do hope I'm wrong - the lads deserve a rousing send off after this season - the most enjoyable for years. But I'll still go for around say 12,400.

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Sat May 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Our supporters can be an absolute embarrassment at times. I’d guess the majority of those that invaded were visiting Ewood for the first time this season....

Really ruined the chance to celebrate between players and supporters.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Sat May 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Jim
Experienced international star

Post by Jim » Sat May 05, 2018 10:44 pm

I saw first hand one topless yob trying to intimidate the Oxford players, getting right in their faces and Karl Robinson to his credit, confronted the cretin. I like a manager who defends his players. I believe he grabbed him by the throat before a security guard separated them. Probably get fined for it but it was worth it IMHO.

Again the idiots spoiled what should have been a classy ending. The chants of “Where were you when we was shit” during the latter stages of the pitch invasion certainly gave this guy and a few of the Oxford lads a chuckle.

I bet those same cretins are the first to be booing and calling for Mowbray’s head if we start slowly in the championship.

I actually shook Karl Robinson’s hand after the game and had a few words with him, nice bloke. Congratulated the team for a good game and great achievement. Good fans too, made some noise for a small contingent. All the best for next season to hem!

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sat May 05, 2018 11:17 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:23 pm
Congratulations Mowbray and the lads. A great end to the season. And congratulations to Wigan for winning the league, well deserved.
Yeah well done Wigan. Might have been difference if we had not have had such a bad start to the season. Would have been different if we had not let slip a two goal advantage against them at Ewood. Would have been different if we hadnt let Bristol Rovers score with the last kick of the game. I would have taken second place gladly last August after the defeat on the first day at Southend. So endeth the vacation in league one. Back to work this coming August in the Championship.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun May 06, 2018 2:57 am

First, congratulations to Gaz and the missus for the baby boy! Definitely a cause for celebration.

Second, I think with a seemingly no stress match, we did very well to get the win. A little disappointed to not see Travis come on, but that Payne sub was a great one and he showed what quality he can bring to the squad. Bell as well is someone who I would like to see more of next season. Evans had a great match too, put in a ton of effort from what I saw. Lenihan grabbing the first goal was rather unexpected but a great way for him to cap a season off that seemed to be off the rails for him.

Lastly, glad we are back up in the Championship. This was a great season in spite of being in League 1. It showed the quality Mowbray can bring in and made me really believe that he can evaluate talent and convince them to come on.

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Sun May 06, 2018 3:30 am

[quote=Thorisgodpoo post_id=241315 time=1525571868 user_id

Lastly, glad we are back up in the Championship. This was a great season in spite of being in League 1. It showed the quality Mowbray can bring in and made me really believe that he can evaluate talent and convince them to come on.
[/quote]

This is what I’ve been appreciative of this season; Mowbray has brought in some guys who really have some fight, fiery guys who augment skill with feisty attitude. We will need even more the upcoming season, with more ability.

I can’t wait to see how Mowbray provides some fine-tuning to this squad, adding a few well-researched acquisitions.

Oxford Fan
New signing

Post by Oxford Fan » Sun May 06, 2018 8:58 am

Just thought I’d send a post to congratulate you on you’re promotion, well done.

Just a shame some of your fans let you down with their premature celebrations!

Also, there was a fan that collapsed in the Hungry Horse pub before the game, so sending thoughts to him and his family.

Good luck next season, you’re definitely too big for league one.

Hopefully we can join you the following season, that’s if you haven’t got promotion to the Premiership or even worse relegation back to league one.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun May 06, 2018 10:41 am

Some ugly scenes emerging on social media surrounding the crowd invasion. Jeremy Kyle still has plenty of applicants for his show on the evidence of this rabble who took to the pitch yesterday. Doncaster away was different. The fans who travelled to see Rovers up and down the country wanted to celebrate promotion. With that already guaranteed and a request from BRFC for fans to stay to the stands well before the game started it just shows the chav mentally on show yesterday. As for the ugly scenes...pitch invaders wearing oversized football shorts displaying winter legs, grey socks and cheap trainers. I hope they all enjoyed their tinnies from the corner shop Saturday night.

Jim
Experienced international star

Post by Jim » Sun May 06, 2018 11:34 am

As things worked out the one game that stuck in my mind with regret is the Bristol game. Literally needed one hoof downfield and the game was over. Could well have been winners not runners up. Ah well, back where we want to be for now.

Now to keep building and not do a Bolton, hopefully keep the bigger crowds too with ticket pricing more like this. It would be interesting to see if the lower price & more customers brought in more income than higher prices and less bodies. If it’s even close to breaking even they should go for the lower option as that ground was absolutely rocking yesterday.

Not saying we could bring in 27k fans every game but damn it was good to see Ewood so full again!

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Sun May 06, 2018 1:30 pm

Superb crowd yesterday,certainly put me in my place re forecasting a poorish attendance! I even called the numbers of Oxford fans wrong,
Ah well, if we have a decent start to next season I suppose there's a fair chance of retaining a proportion of yesterday's crowd, personally I can't wait for the fixture list to be announced. PNE, Stoke, Leeds, Wigan, Middlesboro, all teams that can fill the Darwen end. Pity we've lost Bolton.
The prize for the most bizarre fixture next season though, must surely be Sunderland v Accrington Stanley.
Onwards and upwards!