Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 11 August 2018, KO 15:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

If Millwall's walls were not made out of mills, what would it be made out of?

Lions chomping at the bit
8%
Phil the Falconer, launching Kestrels into the air and surveying the arable farmers
No votes
Bill Gates alter ego, Gil Bates
15%
The most magnificent Nordic Bakeware that were made by gibbons in the jungles of the East side of Youngstown
8%
Stress balls
8%
Raucous youth waiting for someone to have it
31%
Pythagoreans using a catapult to launch back anyone who dared to think that there is such a thing as negative numbers
No votes
8%
Build a wall and have Scotland pay for it
23%

Total votes: 13

RoverthePennines
Regular international

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 11 August 2018, KO 15:00

Post by RoverthePennines » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:02 pm

The two shots that Millwall hit the post with were all they had today. Considering they finished 8th last season, I thought we had total control for all but about 15 minutes. Good showing, though DG should've scored at least once.

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Can't disagree with any of that. Graham had a poor game by his standards, having beaten the Millwall defence into the area he shot and missed - had he lifted his head he would have seen Dack unmarked on the penalty spot, later,on a one on one with the goalkeeper (who had an excellent game) Danny shot straight at him.
If Palmer hadn't been subbed he would have been mom - a great debut. The lad never stopped running whether in attack or coming back to help his defence. Rothwell was at times quite sublime, we are going to enjoy watching this lad.
Charlie failed to trouble the goalkeeper with his free kicks and didn't have his best game defensively.
0-0 it was,boring it wasn't. This team will tear someone apart one day.

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Can't disagree with any of that. Graham had a poor game by his standards, having beaten the Millwall defence into the area he shot and missed - had he lifted his head he would have seen Dack unmarked on the penalty spot, later,on a one on one with the goalkeeper (who had an excellent game) Danny shot straight at him.
If Palmer hadn't been subbed he would have been mom - a great debut. The lad never stopped running whether in attack or coming back to help his defence. Rothwell was at times quite sublime, we are going to enjoy watching this lad.
Charlie failed to trouble the goalkeeper with his free kicks and didn't have his best game defensively.
0-0 it was,boring it wasn't. This team will tear someone apart one day.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Good reports, guys, thanks!

I guess I could complain, 2 points from 2 games, but we got 0 from our first 2 a year ago. The new additions to the squad should pay dividends.

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:46 am

Well that was certainly better than our first home game last season :D

Aside from the first 10 mins I thought we played pretty well. Millwall finished 8th last season so by are no means mugs. Factoring in the chances across the teams I think we just shared it and merited 3 points.

With regards our newbies - Palmer certainly doesn’t lack confidence and looks like an exciting player. Doesn’t always come off and can give the ball away needlessly, but I do love a player that attacks his full back. Rothwell looked excellent when he came on and nearly scored a worldie.

My major frustration of the game was Bell. When we first signed him and after his debut I thought we’d got a really good attacking full back. But since then he appears to have lost that attacking threat. He plays too deep for my liking and should be 10/15 yards further up the pitch (Nyambe did this exceptionally well).

Plenty of positives though and loving the youthful look of the team!

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Despite the fact that we could quite easily be on 4 or even 6 points it still feels like a positive start to the season. We've played 2 tough opponents and been entirely at home playing back at this level.