Blackburn Rovers v QPR, Sat 3 Nov 2018, KO 15:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

What's worse than getting caught picking your nose in public?

Picking your arse in public
20%
Watching the Kestrels poop on you car, with everyone watching the ensuing rage overtake you
No votes
Finding gibbons pull your pants down in public, and proceed to run off with then
10%
Analyzing the pottery techniques of Igor Tudor, only to find that it's just Nordic Bakeware
No votes
Getting told off by the local arable farmers for squatting on their arable farm
20%
There is nothing worse than being caught in public picking your nose. I have never been caught, because there is nothing there. No collusion, no nose picking. I swear. I wouldn't make this up, even if I tried. I tried to make up that I picked my nose, but they told me that I was lying. And I don't lie. I only tell the truth. Big truths. Ocean sized truths. But even if I did pick my nose, which I don't, I would be applauded for it. Everyone would say, he's like us. He picks his nose too. That's why I am issuing an executive order to cease embarrassment on public nose picking and to Make Nose Picking Great Again!
50%

Total votes: 10

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Re: Blackburn Rovers v QPR, Sat 3 Nov 2018, KO 15:00

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:02 am

I think with next week we have to be careful but aggressive at the same time. I think it's a must win.

As for the match, it was awful to watch. Tons of time wasting from QPR. I felt that was their tactic from the start, and it was negative.

I think when teams close down the center of the park, Dack is not that good. He needs another person in the middle there to take pressure off of him (Palmer or Rothwell). I really think it's going to be hard to find one, but a creative deep lying midfielder is a must. Evans and Smallwood are not that.

Brereton for once looked decent. Bringing him on in the last 10 minutes was a great decision. Still don't quite agree with this idea of shoving him off to the right wing, but we wouldn't have that penalty if he wasn't there maybe.

Glad we got the 3 points, got a supremely winnable match next week.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:38 am

I think in the games I’ve seen recently Dack is having to learn how to adjust to the opposition doubling up on him and fouling him. He’s getting a lot less time and space and closed down immediately which is a compliment to how good he is. I’d say he’s slightly guilty of when after an hour of slogging away he is finally free with the ball he wants to do too much, but you can understand his frustration.

Agree with the comments above I think he needs a partner to work in other pockets of space and occupy the opposition to then hopefully give him a bit more freedom. I think with Rothwell on the pitch he can draw defenders away and come forward with the ball and take some of the attention away from Dack.

I’d like to see Brereton start too.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:11 pm

If people double up on him it gives space to our other attacking threats.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:26 pm

Yeah definitely. He had a hard afternoon yesterday pretty much the split second he received the ball he was being fouled or in a physical tussle. But it’s a no brainer for the opposition double up on Dack and stop him playing and it nullifies a lot of our attacking play.

I think it would help him a lot to have Rothwell starting in more games.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Either that or have Armstrong play more centrally, where he can just bomb down the middle. Having that extra runner will cause a headache and make teams rethink how to deal with Dack.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:37 am

QPR manager Steve McClaren wrote: "We should never have lost the game. I do think we did enough to win it.
You've got to wonder about the sanity of a man who thinks one shot on target which doesn't go in is enough to win a game.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:14 pm

I've always found him deeply irritating in interviews.

In case people missed it Evans picked up his 5th booking of the season so will miss next weekend against Rotherham. It's a suspension we can deal with quite easily as Reed can play alongside Smallwood.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:04 pm

mcteeth wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:14 pm

In case people missed it Evans picked up his 5th booking of the season so will miss next weekend against Rotherham. It's a suspension we can deal with quite easily as Reed can play alongside Smallwood.
And Lenihan and Bennett are 1 booking away and Reed and Smallwood are 2 away. 3 games to get through.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:41 pm

mcteeth wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:14 pm
https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ZnoP4sUV90

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:07 pm

:|