Middlesborough v Blackburn Rovers, Sat, 08 Dec 2018, KO 15:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

If you're happy and you know it, ...

Slap your Nordic Bakeware
38%
Bump into Igor Tudor on the stairs
No votes
Attract the attentions of arable farmers and make them stare
No votes
Drive away from the Krestrel's highway fare
25%
Watch the gibbons ambush a delivery truck full of (something that rhymes with fare)
38%
There's no one in the world that has been happier than me. I mean, I would clap my hands so loud when I was happy. I have books written about how happy I am, and even the author's that wrote those books even said, "Gee, this guy is really happy. I mean, really happy. I Need to clap." So big league happy to make people clap. So yuuge even the happiest person in the world said, "I got to clap to that." So believe it, bigly. I am the happiest person alive, and I make everyone clap their hands. That's why I am going to issue an executive order, to share my happiness that I have so much of, and give everyone happiness to Make Clapping Great Again!
No votes

Total votes: 8

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Re: Middlesborough v Blackburn Rovers, Sat, 08 Dec 2018, KO 15:00

Post by stillgrowling » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Might be my imagination, but for years Rovers have seemed to play well against the better sides, but performed dIsmally against the bottom clubs. Not sure what a psychologist would make of this!

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:18 am

For what it's worth, we've averaged 1.56 points per game against sides currently in the top half of the table, 1.58 points per game against sides in the bottom half. :shrug:

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:50 pm

It's just felt that way, as in we beat Brentford when they were bang in form but have nose dived since Smith left for Villa.

Yes we beat Bolton, Hull and Sheff Wed who've been bottom half all season (we beat QPR but they were the form side of the division when we played them) but didn't beat Ipswich, Reading, Millwall, Rotherham, Wigan, Preston or Bristol City.

There's been a lot of draws but our only loss to a high flying side was Sheff Utd who were just much better than us, otherwise having not yet played Birmingham or Norwich our record against the better sides in the league feels pretty good considering we're the newly promoted team.