Blackburn Rovers v Norwich City, Sat, 22 Dec 2018, KO 15:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Who's gonna win

Me
No votes
You
No votes
The Computer
29%
The Aggressor
No votes
Gibbons Riding Kestrels
29%
Igor Tudor's Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich
No votes
A Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich Made from Nordic Bakeware
29%
RAFT (Riding Arable Farmers' Toyota)
14%

Total votes: 7

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Norwich City, Sat, 22 Dec 2018, KO 15:00

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:13 pm

stillgrowling wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:23 pm
Sorry Mr B - 'better of the two by a country mile'? I don't think so. Samba was better in both penalty areas than Nelsen, in fact he played several games as centre forward. I'm not knocking Nelsen - he was a great Rover, but as a ch I'd always prefer Samba.
No way. Nelsen was a wayyyyyy better centre half. Samba had a skill that Colin Hendry used to have, which was being able to recover when out of position. Nelsen never needed that skill cause he was always in position. His last ditch tackling was way better, along with ability to stand an attacker up. Less flashy, perhaps, wayyyyyyy better.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Team as expected.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:55 pm

So, who gets the winner today off the bench? Rhodes, Hanley or Marshall? ;)

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:59 pm

You're not allowed to score from the bench are you? :yeahright:

MouseTrap
New signing

Post by MouseTrap » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:06 pm

I've worked out what's going on here, some posters are taking enjoyment using sarcasm, being pedantic and attempting to belittle those that don't follow their narrative of Mowbray being the best for a decade therefore he's untouchable, unless we are cut adrift in the relegation zone of course. They are not enjoying watching draw after draw and more dropped points so they attack the rest of us, but defo not Mowbray, that would be treasonous.
Some seriously pathetic members on this site, its a shame because they are the reason this site doesn't have a lot more regular contributers.

I prefered Samba to Nelson too, loved both. But as BlackBat has stated, I'm wrong, Nelson was twice the player, obviously!

MouseTrap
New signing

Post by MouseTrap » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:07 pm

WacoRover wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:55 pm
It won't be Brereton ;)

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:24 pm

MouseTrap wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:06 pm
I've worked out what's going on here, some posters are taking enjoyment using sarcasm, being pedantic and attempting to belittle those that don't follow their narrative of Mowbray being the best for a decade therefore he's untouchable, unless we are cut adrift in the relegation zone of course. They are not enjoying watching draw after draw and more dropped points so they attack the rest of us, but defo not Mowbray, that would be treasonous.
Some seriously pathetic members on this site, its a shame because they are the reason this site doesn't have a lot more regular contributers.

I prefered Samba to Nelson too, loved both. But as BlackBat has stated, I'm wrong, Nelson was twice the player, obviously!
I can't answer for others. I'm here, because I don't like the moaning & catastrophizing at every turn at "the other" site.

We know what we got with TM... a stabilizing force, obviously with limitations, but not a bad choice, considering other options.

I am content with Rovers' lot, now & immediate future. I think PL reaching is pie in the sky for now. Competitive in Championship is probably the best we can hope for at present.

Glad you are here; we need different opinions!

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:36 pm

MouseTrap wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:07 pm
WacoRover wrote:
It won't be Brereton ;)
Here he comes!!!!

MouseTrap
New signing

Post by MouseTrap » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:39 pm

WacoRover wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:36 pm
MouseTrap wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:07 pm
WacoRover wrote:
It won't be Brereton ;)
Here he comes!!!!
Haha

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:47 pm

MouseTrap wrote:

You sir, are a complete plonker. If you can't understand why firing a manager whilst you're generally on the up is a bad idea, there's no hope for you.

That you think Samba is a better player doesn't surprise me. I think most of those that would say so probably have little understanding of why I'd consider a centre half with brilliant sense of positioning, organisation skills and timing to be much better than a centre half who made the odd flashy run forward and was good at cleaning up his own mistakes.

But hey, what do I know; I'm clearly only trying to be pedantic and sarcastic right? I mean who wouldn't want to fire a manager who's got your team promoted and ibto a position where they're still challenging for a playoff position? :shrug:
Last edited by mrblackbat on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MouseTrap
New signing

Post by MouseTrap » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:53 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:47 pm
MouseTrap wrote:

You sir, are a complete plonker. If you can't understand why firing a manager whilst you're generally on the up is a bad idea, there's no hope for you.
We're not on the up, we peaked when we flirted with the top 6. I have never heard of a team that struggles to score from free play or see out games described as on the up hahaha thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

"on the up" hahahaha

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:54 pm

MouseTrap wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:53 pm
mrblackbat wrote:
MouseTrap wrote:

We're not on the up, we peaked when we flirted with the top 6. I have never heard of a team that struggles to score from free play or see out games described as on the up hahaha thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

"on the up" hahahaha
So where were we last season?

MouseTrap
New signing

Post by MouseTrap » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:01 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:54 pm
MouseTrap wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
MouseTrap wrote:

"on the up" hahahaha
We were on the up, this season we're stagnating, too many wasted opportunities. When Dack goes which he will, we can defo say we are not on the up. I'd rather an axciting manager took over now and not when we're cut adrift. Let a new manager have the rest of the season to then try and make the changes in personnel he wants in the summer.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:04 pm

MouseTrap wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:01 pm
mrblackbat wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:54 pm
MouseTrap wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
MouseTrap wrote:

"on the up" hahahaha
We were on the up, this season we're stagnating, too many wasted opportunities. When Dack goes which he will, we can defo say we are not on the up. I'd rather an axciting manager took over now and not when we're cut adrift. Let a new manager have the rest of the season to then try and make the changes in personnel he wants in the summer.
Of course. Stagnating straight after being promoted. How silly of me.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Anyway, in the real world.....

Bit annoying we couldn't hold on for a point, would have been good to get one against the league leaders.