season ticket prices

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
garnersfreshpint
Promising youngster
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:32 pm
Location: Gobbinland of the lamp
Contact:

season ticket prices

Post by garnersfreshpint » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:51 pm

Prices are to be announced at a media event in Blackburn on monday.

Benni and Roque will be unveiling an Ice Sculpture :-?

Is this a price freeze or am I reading too much into the imagery :D

renewal date will be before the end of april to claim frozen price too, I suspect :scratch:

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27190
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: season ticket prices

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:16 pm

john Williams was making the excuses for a price rise the other week...

DunnFC
Regular international
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:29 am

Re: season ticket prices

Post by DunnFC » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:32 pm

if your going to rise the prices then we aint going to fill our ground and people wont renew, keep them how it is.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27190
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: season ticket prices

Post by Rover the Top » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:16 pm

DunnFC wrote:if your going to rise the prices then we aint going to fill our ground and people wont renew, keep them how it is.
Keep them like they are, and we might have 23,000 in the stands, but no money for transfers...

Willy
Ageing international
Posts: 3255
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Brun Lea

Re: season ticket prices

Post by Willy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:56 pm

Good point. As fans we invest in the club and the fact is, even with all the money from TV and other sources, we still need to put money into the kitty out of our own pockets. It's always been that way since I can remember.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6707
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:34 am

Re: season ticket prices

Post by Rover the Moon » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:05 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
DunnFC wrote:if your going to rise the prices then we aint going to fill our ground and people wont renew, keep them how it is.
Keep them like they are, and we might have 23,000 in the stands, but no money for transfers...
An increase won't even pay for the pens for the players to sign the contracts.

A £50 increase only means an extra £600k based on 12,000 ST holders

User avatar
RoryoftheRovers
Regular international
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:36 pm
Contact:

Re: season ticket prices

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:
DunnFC wrote:if your going to rise the prices then we aint going to fill our ground and people wont renew, keep them how it is.
Keep them like they are, and we might have 23,000 in the stands, but no money for transfers...
An increase won't even pay for the pens for the players to sign the contracts.

A £50 increase only means an extra £600k based on 12,000 ST holders
I could easily get 25 pens for 600k.

User avatar
iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 5315
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Location: Exeter

Re: season ticket prices

Post by iamarover » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:22 pm

sod that, get 1 pen with enough ink!

User avatar
Simon
Ageing international
Posts: 3826
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:53 pm

Re: season ticket prices

Post by Simon » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:08 am

Prices frozen if bought before end of April!

Thats really really good!

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27190
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: season ticket prices

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:17 am

Simon wrote:Prices frozen if bought before end of April!

Thats really really good!
I'm surprised, but it makes the decision to renew easy... :D

garnersfreshpint
Promising youngster
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:32 pm
Location: Gobbinland of the lamp
Contact:

Re: season ticket prices

Post by garnersfreshpint » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:33 pm

Surprised RTT...I told you about it last week :hyper:

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27190
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: season ticket prices

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:29 am

garnersfreshpint wrote:Surprised RTT...I told you about it last week :hyper:
Yeah, that's why I'm surprised... :lol:

B.R.F.C.
New signing
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:06 pm
Contact:

Re: season ticket prices

Post by B.R.F.C. » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Keep prices low then all can afford, let the allmighty sponsors deal with wages, transfers, an extra 10 quid on a matchday ticket wont buy much on the transfer market with attendance low. :) :) :)

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27190
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: season ticket prices

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm

B.R.F.C. wrote:Keep prices low then all can afford, let the allmighty sponsors deal with wages, transfers, an extra 10 quid on a matchday ticket wont buy much on the transfer market with attendance low. :) :) :)
An average gate of 23,000 paying £10 more per game over the whole season would bring in over £4m extra. Okay, that's a little simplistic, as it's unlikely we'd maintain the same level of attendance, but a £1 increase per game on every seat would be less likely to deter fans, and would be enough to pay for Chris Samba's transfer fee.

B.R.F.C.
New signing
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:06 pm
Contact:

Re: season ticket prices

Post by B.R.F.C. » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:59 pm

if you cant afford his transfer fee then dont buy its as simple as that, look after number 1 mate, them players wont be given u yer pound bak wen yer lose yer job, they wont give a fuck maybe laugh at u as they r reading their bank books lol, get wot u can, keep it cheap and train yer own local lads through.

Post Reply