season ticket prices

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
B.R.F.C.
New signing

Re: season ticket prices

Post by B.R.F.C. » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:00 pm

matty derbyshire

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:01 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
B.R.F.C. wrote:Keep prices low then all can afford, let the allmighty sponsors deal with wages, transfers, an extra 10 quid on a matchday ticket wont buy much on the transfer market with attendance low. :) :) :)
An average gate of 23,000 paying £10 more per game over the whole season would bring in over £4m extra. Okay, that's a little simplistic, as it's unlikely we'd maintain the same level of attendance, but a £1 increase per game on every seat would be less likely to deter fans, and would be enough to pay for Chris Samba's transfer fee.
But there's ALWAYS the opportunity for you to put more of your money into the club should you choose to. You could donate some to them if you're so inclined, but I'd rather some initiatives that encourage people who CAN afford to pay extra to do so were available. Not sure what though. :-?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:02 pm

B.R.F.C. wrote:if you cant afford his transfer fee then dont buy its as simple as that, look after number 1 mate, them players wont be given u yer pound bak wen yer lose yer job, they wont give a fuck maybe laugh at u as they r reading their bank books lol, get wot u can, keep it cheap and train yer own local lads through.
you're not 'getting' this whole supporter thing are you.... :scratch:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:41 pm

B.R.F.C. wrote:if you cant afford his transfer fee then dont buy its as simple as that, look after number 1 mate, them players wont be given u yer pound bak wen yer lose yer job, they wont give a fuck maybe laugh at u as they r reading their bank books lol, get wot u can, keep it cheap and train yer own local lads through.
What the fuck are you on about?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:49 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:
B.R.F.C. wrote:Keep prices low then all can afford, let the allmighty sponsors deal with wages, transfers, an extra 10 quid on a matchday ticket wont buy much on the transfer market with attendance low. :) :) :)
An average gate of 23,000 paying £10 more per game over the whole season would bring in over £4m extra. Okay, that's a little simplistic, as it's unlikely we'd maintain the same level of attendance, but a £1 increase per game on every seat would be less likely to deter fans, and would be enough to pay for Chris Samba's transfer fee.
But there's ALWAYS the opportunity for you to put more of your money into the club should you choose to. You could donate some to them if you're so inclined, but I'd rather some initiatives that encourage people who CAN afford to pay extra to do so were available. Not sure what though. :-?
Very good point. I'll ask on the official board where I can donate my spare 17p.

However - seeing a match versus not seeing a match is the incentive to give more to the club, if they put the prices up. Just like when they reduced them, I could have gone to the same number of matches as I was doing, and had extra cash to spend elsewhere - instead I thought I could finally afford an ST and get to see all the home matches.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from being in favour of putting the prices up from a personal point of view. However, looking at the bigger picture, our PL rivals aren't all slashing prices, they're getting more money, and I can understand that the club has some difficult decisions to make to look after their interests and stay competitive.

Head Rover Heels
Valued squad member

Post by Head Rover Heels » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:05 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Very good point. I'll ask on the official board where I can donate my spare 17p.
Ooh, i'm in - I'll round that up to 30p for you if you like.

On a more frivalous note (rumour-mongering alert) is it possible that the low prices are not merely an incentive and reward to the fans, but actually a more intricate marketing ploy? After all, which club would appeal more to a potential buyer, one with 18k fan base, already stretched financially with no headroom on the ST prices, or a club with a solid 23-24k fan base, with room to inflate the prices to milk more revenue.

As a little conspiracy conclusion, a full year of high (ish) attendances and a low ticket price would look more inviting to someone looking to buy themselves a football club.

Personally, i think we've got the prices right - Ticket prices have been ridiculous for years. It's actually more expensive for me to go and watch my local (first division) team than it would be to watch Rovers.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:31 pm

There's definitely the need to attract more young fans to the club, 'get them whilst they're young' and all that. And yeah - a few seasons of relatively cheap gates will hopefully sow a few seeds for the future.

B.R.F.C.
New signing

Post by B.R.F.C. » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:42 pm

well said lads, if u can afford it give it if u cant then at least u can do is buy a cheap ticket to watch your home town team everyones happy, them people who think they got a bit of money think its ok to fill a ground full of prawn sandwiches bridgade, that will destroy our loving rovers, working class town, work hard all week and have a bit of fun at ewood on sat/sun wots the problem, keep it cheap.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:31 pm

Football isn't cheap even if it was £10 a match. The premierleague is slowly killing football as an affordable live spectator event in line with average wages. I was one of the lucky generation where a place on the terrace cost me £2. I would not pay £15 if I was 21 and on £6 an hour.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:51 pm

What if you were 31 and on £6 an hour?

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:58 pm

I would have never of been a paying customer at 31

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:08 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:I would have never of been a paying customer at 31
:|

You appear to have been possessed by our 15 year old glass of water.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:25 pm

i was merely stating that if I was unlucky enough to of been earning a low wage like the majority of bklackburnians then i would not of become a 'live event' rovers fan and just merely a 3rd party supporter. if I was on £6 an hour now then Rovers would not even make the top 500,000 list of things to spend my measly wage on.

the bottom line is £15 is still too high to entice the historically 3rd party supporter to ewood park given the low wage threshold of blackburn and the staggeringly high tax burden we all face

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:03 pm

So you were basically saying no then :)

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:05 pm

Only joking but the should be a tax where if your a Man Utd fan and your a glory hunting gimp who dosent ever go to games you have to be taxed £30 each season.

:D :D :D :D